What do you mean by Classic Halo?

It seems to be a lot of hate with these changes being made to Halo.
Personally I find excitment in all of these.
But my question to those who are upset with these changes please what do you really want?

It seems like everyone just wants Halo CE to be re-released every other year. Halo CE became a instant classic and will always be.
For those against these changes please tell me what would be OK in your book to add to Halo?

Also who said that 343 is looking to Fix Halo? I see post like “Dont fix something that already
works” Adding new content is assumed to be a fix? Could it be a evolution?

Its just sad that these Changes that are said to be CoD like Are taking the spotlight over
all the new exciting changes. Halo Will never play like Cod Or even Similar to it.

We have 20 sec of gameplay to look at and None of the controversial additions are shown(We Have no clue what “perks” are).

Yes Sprint is in the game. And i Enjoy it. Most hate it because it adds a new game element.
Which is dissipointing because it feels natural in the Halo UNiverse.

Custom Classes will not effect the gameplay…Or atleast i dont think it will. I like the idea of choosing what primary weapon i want. Its not like you can choose a sniper or a rocket to start with.

Primary weapon selections
BR
DMR
Carbine
Needle Rifle
ect…

It gives everyone a chance to pick a weapon that fits with your play style.

The map control Focus has always been placed on Rocketts Sniper, Grenade Launcher, ect…

So being able to choose What primary Rifle you want to start with is a negative change? How?

I cannot imagine it playing anything like Call Of Duty.

Note I’m not perfect. This is MY General Opinion. Maybe its just me But i enjoy new
Content/changes to be added from Game to Sequel.

Listen Im just as big of a halo fan as most. I have also read all the books and love the Halo Universe. As most of you i want this to be the best Halo Game ever.

If i dont explain something well enough let me know i will elaborate.
I apologies for Grammar Errors. I’m on lunch and dont have much time!
Thanks for reading.

And These Machinma Guys talking about Weapon Attachments. Who has been talking about this?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

You sir, are a moronWe don’t want the same game year after year, but we sure as well don’t want them to change what made Halo, Halo.

Adding armor abilities isn’t a big deal. It’s making them the most important aspect of Halo and changing all the core mechanics of the game to suit armor abilities that is frustrating.

Overshield: replaced by armor lock AA
camo: replaced by active camo AA
speed: lowered to increase the worth of sprint
jet pack: not sure if jump was nerfed because of this or not. It seems like jet pack flies so high that it wouldn’t matter anyways

^This is the stuff that pisses us off.

No rank: how would continually having a ranking system lead to a boring game.

Bloom: Sweet, throw this on random useless guns. Don’t spit in the competitive communities face and ruin their most important weapon with it. This isn’t shadowrun

etc…

People are afraid of change and that’s ok, they have memories of older Halo games and want to re-create those with each new installment and are worried that they can’t.

Nostalgia makes people fear change.

>

Could you atleast say why?

> >
>
> Could you atleast say why?

did

> Nostalgia makes people fear change.

No…

We “fear” the terrible “changes” (i.e rip offs) that 343i think Halo needs.

Most of us can straight up admit that no Halo game has been perfect.

We can also see that it’s going further and further down the wrong path. It’s not even Halo anymore. It’s just another generic shooter with longer kill times.

> > > You sir, are a moron
> >
> > Could you atleast say why?
>
> did

Alright well thank you for your input. I was really talking about additions in halo 4. I agree with the Halo Reach Changes (Armor Lock, Camo Ect…) Bloom is Gone Armor lock might be removed.

> It’s not even Halo anymore.

Nostalgia

> People are afraid of change and that’s ok, they have memories of older Halo games and want to re-create those with each new installment and are worried that they can’t.
>

No, they are afraid that they won’t be able to enjoy their Halo. 100% of the Halo people I know quit Halo, except for my cousin, who plays when he comes over or if I’m online.

Why, because Reach had suck blatant flaws that made it so difficult to enjoy the game and it wasn’t one flaw, but in almost every aspect of MM that made it impossible to continue playing.

Well, the core mechanics suck, at least I can play ranked. Oh, nevermind, well at least there are multiple competitive maps to enjoy, nope, it would seem that 90% of these maps are forge world and asymmetrical. ETC

Sprint makes sense, but with that argument nothing in MM makes sense anymore. The concern over sprint was in how it would effect balance, which didn’t really matter when the game came out because they all broke balance.

> Sprint makes sense, but with that argument nothing in MM makes sense anymore. The concern over sprint was in how it would effect balance, which didn’t really matter when the game came out because they all broke balance.

Another huge concern with sprint was the fact that it slows game play down dramatically by making people think they are running fast when the base player speed was actually slower than previous Halos. Also that you could hide in cover easily while being shot.

> People are afraid of change and that’s ok, they have memories of older Halo games and want to re-create those with each new installment and are worried that they can’t.
>

YOU ARE -Yoink!- ME OFF! i dont want nostalgia,i want it to be halo,i dont want to be able to choose my class cause this was never a part of halo and its just not halo and as the other guy said,sprint,jetpack,camo and armor lock destroys what halo is

if 343 wants to they can evolve equipment to wherever they want,i dont care,spartan ops is great but no stupid changes which destroy what makes halo halo

> > People are afraid of change and that’s ok, they have memories of older Halo games and want to re-create those with each new installment and are worried that they can’t.
> >
> > Nostalgia makes people fear change.
>
> YOU ARE -Yoink!- ME OFF! i dont want nostalgia,i want it to be halo,i dont want to be able to choose my class cause this was never a part of halo and its just not halo and as the other guy said,sprint,jetpack,camo and armor lock destroys what halo is
>
> if 343 wants to they can evolve equipment to wherever they want,i dont care,spartan ops is great but no stupid changes which destroy what makes halo halo

Calm down bro, don’t be upset over some text.

What exactly makes Halo “Halo”?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Are your parents brother and sister?

Some things do look good in halo 4 but I would say only half of what I’ve seen is what people would enjoy. The other half has been put in place to screw over the competitive community.

> Are your parents brother and sister?
>
> Some things do look good in halo 4 but I would say only half of what I’ve seen is what people would enjoy. The other half has been put in place to screw over the competitive community.

You do know 343 is working Directly with MLG right?

> > Nostalgia makes people fear change.
>
> No…
>
> We “fear” the terrible “changes” (i.e rip offs) that 343i think Halo needs.
>
> Most of us can straight up admit that no Halo game has been perfect.
>
> We can also see that it’s going further and further down the wrong path. It’s not even Halo anymore. It’s just another generic shooter with longer kill times.

What terrible Changes are you refering to? Rip Offs? Down the Wrong Path? Why is it so hard for people to be open minded? Every change to Halo since Halo 2 has been Flammed.

Halo 1-2 had the “Classic” feel. H3 implemented new things. (Power Drain, radar jammer etc.) But the gameplay still felt like a Halo Title. REACH on the other hand took Halo in a new direction, For better or Worse, its still a Halo Title, but doesn’t necessarily feel like “Classic” Halo.

I like to think that
Halo 1-3 = Spartan II’s - Classic Halo
Halo REACH = Spartan III’s - New Breed of Spartans, New style of Gameplay.
Halo 4 = Spartan IV’s - New Breed of Spartans, New Style of Gameplay.

Im very excited to see the Campaign story Progress, and now MM can progress along with it.

Its Evolution kids,

ADAPT AND OVERCOME!

> What terrible Changes are you refering to? Rip Offs? Down the Wrong Path? Why is it so hard for people to be open minded? Every change to Halo since Halo 2 has been Flammed.

Perks, Loadouts, Sprint, Any and all AAs, “dynamic” weapon spawns etc etc.

And the changes in Halo 2 and 3 still remained within Halos gameplay. Reach, the worst excuse of a game to have “Halo” in it’s title, changed the core gameplay to something that wasn’t Halo. So what’s the point of playing it?

If you don’t want Halo, go play something else and leave Halo to those who want to play Halo.

> > > People are afraid of change and that’s ok, they have memories of older Halo games and want to re-create those with each new installment and are worried that they can’t.
> > >
> > > Nostalgia makes people fear change.
> >
> > YOU ARE -Yoink!- ME OFF! i dont want nostalgia,i want it to be halo,i dont want to be able to choose my class cause this was never a part of halo and its just not halo and as the other guy said,sprint,jetpack,camo and armor lock destroys what halo is
> >
> > if 343 wants to they can evolve equipment to wherever they want,i dont care,spartan ops is great but no stupid changes which destroy what makes halo halo
>
> Calm down bro, don’t be upset over some text.
>
> What exactly makes Halo “Halo”?

Yeah…
Dual wielding wasn’t Halo, but they added it.
Boarding vehicles wasn’t Halo, but they added it.
Equipment wasn’t Halo, but they added it.
Just because Halo is evolving without you doesn’t mean it will fail. If you want to play a Halo game that stayed true to what made Halo Halo, go play Halo CE Anniversary lol.

I’m a competitive player just like you but I don’t make blind judgements on a game I’ve neither seen in action nor played.
Quit your whining, it’s not wanted.

> Its Evolution kids

Ripping off things from other games is neither evolution or innovation.