What do you love about Halo? Past AND Present?

I see far too much negativity in the Halo community now. Its sad. I wanna hear what you guys ( The fans ) love most about Halo, the history, the universe, the characters, and the multiplayer!!

Ill throw some of mine out there for starters…

1.) Shooting grunts in the face. Always entertaining.
2.) Sticky kills!
3.) Double kills!
4.) Triple kills! etc…
5.) No scope headshots!
6.) The new perspective on Chief and Cortana’s relationship. The whole " whos the real machine" thing…
7.) The customization of your spartan in Halo MP. I love some of Halo 4’s armour sets and hope to see more cool ones in 5.
8.)The Covenant. They look cool, cool history and lore, and they are fun to fight!
9.) Forge!
10.) Custom games!
*11.) Lan parties back in the Halo 1 days

Ok, heres my top *eleven, whats yours?

Those huge vehicular levels in campaign like Tsavo Highway or The Desert level on the Ark. Grunt dialogue. History of the Elites. The Arbiter. The Fall of Reach book. The ever expanding universe. Fireteam Osiris/Blue team dynamic. Hunt the Truth. The amazing soundtrack (H3 warthog run music, look it up). And as you said, the evolution of Johns character through the death of Cortana.

The dramatic and deep story
The variety of races and the causes of the wars between them
The AI battles between the other races
The OST
The places we visited and we will visit

I loved the design and visual identity of old Halo, the great gameplay and the amazing atmosphere but thats just the past, most of it is gone now…
About the present…343 still has to deliver something amazing, they might be on a good track with the atmosphere they are going for …the design looks rather monotonous and over-designed but the gameplay looks much better than H4, thats a plus!
Music might be better than H4 as well…

> 2533274801973487;4:
> I loved the design and visual identity of old Halo, the great gameplay and the amazing atmosphere but thats just the past, most of it is gone now…
>
> About the present…343 still has to deliver something amazing…the design looks rather monotonous and over-designed but the gameplay looks much better than H4, thats a plus!
> Music might be better than H4 as well…

Have some hope. I am confident that this will be 343’s home run effort in every aspect.

Most people in this forum are like “Loved everything from the past games, hate everything from the current game!”. Then when Halo 6 comes out they’re going to say “Hate everything from this game, loved Halo 5”.

Just like how everyone is praising Reach now.

The Lore and the OST.

The trueskill matchmaking is THE feature that got me hooked on Halo 2. Playing BTB with land and air vehicles with true skill matchmaking was so much fun. Always nice to know the game tried to match you with someone around your skill level.

The co-op campaigns have also been an absolute blast. Especially H3 and H4 co-op campaigns.

It is unfortunate that the trueskill feature hasn’t worked quite as well since H2 and H3. They implemented the visible ranks into TMCC and for the most part it works fairly decent. From what I played in the H5 beta, it was very hit and miss. Hopefully it is resolved with the full game. REALLY looking forward to Warzone. 24 players with land and air vehicles, JIP, afk booting, and no team killing. Along with AI bots. Sounds perfect.

> 2533274795233660;6:
> Most people in this forum are like “Loved everything from the past games, hate everything from the current game!”. Then when Halo 6 comes out they’re going to say “Hate everything from this game, loved Halo 5”.
>
> Just like how everyone is praising Reach now.

Not I sir!

> 2535468947915585;5:
> > 2533274801973487;4:
> > I loved the design and visual identity of old Halo, the great gameplay and the amazing atmosphere but thats just the past, most of it is gone now…
> >
> > About the present…343 still has to deliver something amazing…the design looks rather monotonous and over-designed but the gameplay looks much better than H4, thats a plus!
> > Music might be better than H4 as well…
>
>
> Have some hope. I am confident that this will be 343’s home run effort in every aspect.

I still have some hope for the atmosphere (I already edited it in :wink: ) gameplay looks all reight but nothing that keeps me going for thousands of games, I know people might try to turn this in some sort of sprint-defence thread, but I simply don’t like the way Halo plays with two diffrent movementspeeds with one forcing you to lower your weapon (not gonna waist my time responding to any “I.luv.sprint.it.is.so.much.more.better.and.old.Halo.is.bland!” posts so please, don’t even try…)

I have no hope for the design/visual identity though…we have seen the direction 343 is taking Halo and I don’t see it satisfying me in any way…maybe H6 will be better!

> 2533274801973487;10:
> > 2535468947915585;5:
> > > 2533274801973487;4:
> > > I loved the design and visual identity of old Halo, the great gameplay and the amazing atmosphere but thats just the past, most of it is gone now…
> > >
> > > About the present…343 still has to deliver something amazing…the design looks rather monotonous and over-designed but the gameplay looks much better than H4, thats a plus!
> > > Music might be better than H4 as well…
> >
> >
> > Have some hope. I am confident that this will be 343’s home run effort in every aspect.
>
>
> I still have some hope for the atmosphere (I already edited it in :wink: ) gameplay looks all reight but nothing that keeps me going for thousands of games, I know people might try to turn this in some sort of sprint-defence thread, but I simply don’t like the way Halo plays with two diffrent movementspeeds with one forcing you to lower your weapon (not gonna waist my time responding to any “I.luv.sprint.it.is.so.much.more.better.and.old.Halo.is.bland!” posts so please, don’t even try…)
>
> I have no hope for the design/visual identity though…we have seen the direction 343 is taking Halo and I don’t see it satisfying me in any way…maybe H6 will be better!

We all have our opinions, I can respect someone’s opinion if they can respect mine.

> 2535468947915585;9:
> > 2533274795233660;6:
> > Most people in this forum are like “Loved everything from the past games, hate everything from the current game!”. Then when Halo 6 comes out they’re going to say “Hate everything from this game, loved Halo 5”.
> >
> > Just like how everyone is praising Reach now.
>
>
> Not I sir!

I said most people.

Past:
The Style and Music
The Sandbox Design
The Vertical and Interesting Map Design
Leading shots against strafing opponents with your handcannon old-west style.
Interesting enemies and allies.
A wide open campaign with tons of interesting set pieces like Scarab Battles.

Present:
Thrusters are kind of cool, I guess?
Ricochet is a pretty good gamemode.
That Halo 5 is returning to some of the things that…made Halo great in…the…past…

> I said most people.

Yeah, most people sure are praising Reach right now…

> 2533274833600810;11:
> > 2533274801973487;10:
> > > 2535468947915585;5:
> > > > 2533274801973487;4:
> > > > I loved the design and visual identity of old Halo, the great gameplay and the amazing atmosphere but thats just the past, most of it is gone now…
> > > >
> > > > About the present…343 still has to deliver something amazing…the design looks rather monotonous and over-designed but the gameplay looks much better than H4, thats a plus!
> > > > Music might be better than H4 as well…
> > >
> > >
> > > Have some hope. I am confident that this will be 343’s home run effort in every aspect.
> >
> >
> > I still have some hope for the atmosphere (I already edited it in :wink: ) gameplay looks all reight but nothing that keeps me going for thousands of games, I know people might try to turn this in some sort of sprint-defence thread, but I simply don’t like the way Halo plays with two diffrent movementspeeds with one forcing you to lower your weapon (not gonna waist my time responding to any “I.luv.sprint.it.is.so.much.more.better.and.old.Halo.is.bland!” posts so please, don’t even try…)
> >
> > I have no hope for the design/visual identity though…we have seen the direction 343 is taking Halo and I don’t see it satisfying me in any way…maybe H6 will be better!
>
>
> We all have our opinions, I can respect someone’s opinion if they can respect mine.

Really? This is your contribution to this thread? Did I, at some point, not respect your opinion within those post or did I even mention you at all?

> 2533274801973487;14:
> > 2533274833600810;11:
> > > 2533274801973487;10:
> > > > 2535468947915585;5:
> > > > > 2533274801973487;4:
> > > > > I loved the design and visual identity of old Halo, the great gameplay and the amazing atmosphere but thats just the past, most of it is gone now…
> > > > >
> > > > > About the present…343 still has to deliver something amazing…the design looks rather monotonous and over-designed but the gameplay looks much better than H4, thats a plus!
> > > > > Music might be better than H4 as well…
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Have some hope. I am confident that this will be 343’s home run effort in every aspect.
> > >
> > >
> > > I still have some hope for the atmosphere (I already edited it in :wink: ) gameplay looks all reight but nothing that keeps me going for thousands of games, I know people might try to turn this in some sort of sprint-defence thread, but I simply don’t like the way Halo plays with two diffrent movementspeeds with one forcing you to lower your weapon (not gonna waist my time responding to any “I.luv.sprint.it.is.so.much.more.better.and.old.Halo.is.bland!” posts so please, don’t even try…)
> > >
> > > I have no hope for the design/visual identity though…we have seen the direction 343 is taking Halo and I don’t see it satisfying me in any way…maybe H6 will be better!
> >
> >
> > We all have our opinions, I can respect someone’s opinion if they can respect mine.
>
>
> Really? This is your contribution to this thread? Did I, at some point, not respect your opinion within those post or did I even mention you at all?

Did I ever accuse you of doing so? I’m just here to say that despite our differences of opinion, I can still respect you, so long as it’s mutual.

> 2533274833600810;15:
> > 2533274801973487;14:
> > > 2533274833600810;11:
> > > > 2533274801973487;10:
> > > > > 2535468947915585;5:
> > > > > > 2533274801973487;4:
> > > > > > I loved the design and visual identity of old Halo, the great gameplay and the amazing atmosphere but thats just the past, most of it is gone now…
> > > > > >
> > > > > > About the present…343 still has to deliver something amazing…the design looks rather monotonous and over-designed but the gameplay looks much better than H4, thats a plus!
> > > > > > Music might be better than H4 as well…
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Have some hope. I am confident that this will be 343’s home run effort in every aspect.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I still have some hope for the atmosphere (I already edited it in :wink: ) gameplay looks all reight but nothing that keeps me going for thousands of games, I know people might try to turn this in some sort of sprint-defence thread, but I simply don’t like the way Halo plays with two diffrent movementspeeds with one forcing you to lower your weapon (not gonna waist my time responding to any “I.luv.sprint.it.is.so.much.more.better.and.old.Halo.is.bland!” posts so please, don’t even try…)
> > > >
> > > > I have no hope for the design/visual identity though…we have seen the direction 343 is taking Halo and I don’t see it satisfying me in any way…maybe H6 will be better!
> > >
> > >
> > > We all have our opinions, I can respect someone’s opinion if they can respect mine.
> >
> >
> > Really? This is your contribution to this thread? Did I, at some point, not respect your opinion within those post or did I even mention you at all?
>
>
> Did I ever accuse you of doing so? I’m just here to say that despite our differences of opinion, I can still respect you.

No, but your only response to this thread is a single line of telling people that you can respect other opinions eventhough nothing bad has happend yet, thats just something I don’t get behind.

1. The campaign
  2. The multiplayer (excluding Halo 3’s)
  3. The music (excluding Halo 4’s)
  4. 343’s General love towards this community

Any way, I love the direction Halo is going, and I love the places Halo has been. It is easier for me to explain what I didn’t like about present and past Halo’s rather then what I like, since I love so much about it. I didn’t like Halo 3’s multiplayer and I didn’t like Halo 4’s load outs, music or Spartan Ops. That is the extent of it. I love almost everything about this franchise and I always will! 343 is leading Halo in a great direction, and I trust them more then I trust the money sucking company that is Bungie-vision. (Acti-bungie? Idk both sound good.)

> 2533274801973487;16:
> > 2533274833600810;15:
> > > 2533274801973487;14:
> > > > 2533274833600810;11:
> > > > > 2533274801973487;10:
> > > > > > 2535468947915585;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274801973487;4:
> > > > > > > I loved the design and visual identity of old Halo, the great gameplay and the amazing atmosphere but thats just the past, most of it is gone now…
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > About the present…343 still has to deliver something amazing…the design looks rather monotonous and over-designed but the gameplay looks much better than H4, thats a plus!
> > > > > > > Music might be better than H4 as well…
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Have some hope. I am confident that this will be 343’s home run effort in every aspect.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > I still have some hope for the atmosphere (I already edited it in :wink: ) gameplay looks all reight but nothing that keeps me going for thousands of games, I know people might try to turn this in some sort of sprint-defence thread, but I simply don’t like the way Halo plays with two diffrent movementspeeds with one forcing you to lower your weapon (not gonna waist my time responding to any “I.luv.sprint.it.is.so.much.more.better.and.old.Halo.is.bland!” posts so please, don’t even try…)
> > > > >
> > > > > I have no hope for the design/visual identity though…we have seen the direction 343 is taking Halo and I don’t see it satisfying me in any way…maybe H6 will be better!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > We all have our opinions, I can respect someone’s opinion if they can respect mine.
> > >
> > >
> > > Really? This is your contribution to this thread? Did I, at some point, not respect your opinion within those post or did I even mention you at all?
> >
> >
> > Did I ever accuse you of doing so? I’m just here to say that despite our differences of opinion, I can still respect you.
>
>
> No, but your only response to this thread is a single line of telling people that you can respect other opinions eventhough nothing bad has happend yet, thats just something I don’t get behind.

Dude, I’m just saying that I’m not 343’s personal defense force. I don’t flip on my sirens when I see someone say: “I prefer the older games.”

i liked the rank system in Reach, where loses didn’t drop your rank

In my opinion, Halo has the best multiplayer in the industry. Campaign’s not too shabby either.