What do you guys think about the light rifle?

I used to think that it was an awful weapon since at first I thought I kept getting head shots and always died by the time I broke their shields… but then I just admited that I sucked at it and used the br instead. So what do you guys think about the light rifle? I think I’m starting to get better at it… btw is it a 5 headshot kill from the hip or a 6 headshot kill from the hip?

From the hip you mean, not scoped? COD terminology in halo forums can be quite confusing.

> From the hip you mean, not scoped? COD terminology in halo forums can be quite confusing.

wait thats cod terminology? is there a halo terminology way to say that it’s not scoped?

> From the hip you mean, not scoped? COD terminology in halo forums can be quite confusing.

Wow, since when does CoD own the right to say Hipfire? It’s not COD terminology, it’s basic FPS logic. Don’t think that CoD invented shooting…

Yes it’s 5 hits when hip-firing. Assuming all bullets hit.

IMO the only buff it needs is to be made a hitscan weapon.

That travel time is killer, and makes it less effective at longer ranges than the DMR.

Maybe less recoil when getting shot in scope too.

Don’t like it. It gives your position away to easily for not being a sniper. Also the strange looking crosshairs make it feel awkward when trying to lock a headshot.

Animation looks no different when zooming in while playing halo games so hip fire is technically incorrect. Anyways, I’ve been in halo forums for quite some time and have never heard it referred to as hip fire.

so noone wants to talk about the light rifle? :c

> Animation looks no different when zooming in while playing halo games so hip fire is technically incorrect. Anyways, I’ve been in halo forums for quite some time and have never heard it referred to as hip fire.

so what should i call it?

The DMR and BR out shine it so it seems useless to me. It’s quite good at stripping shields so for a support role maybe but even then it still doesn’t stack up against the other weapons.

> > Animation looks no different when zooming in while playing halo games so hip fire is technically incorrect. Anyways, I’ve been in halo forums for quite some time and have never heard it referred to as hip fire.
>
> so what should i call it?

Call it whatever you want man. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page, not trying to be a -Yoink-. Anyways, I loved the light rifle at first because it seemed as if I was getting 5 shot kills whether the last shot was a headshot OR a body shot. However, I quickly grew tired of it and because it seems to have a slightly slower rate of fire than the DMR. I may be wrong but that’s the feeling I got. SO now I just go with the DMR and have my BR as my secondary.

> I used to think that it was an awful weapon since at first I thought I kept getting head shots and always died by the time I broke their shields… but then I just admited that I sucked at it and used the br instead. So what do you guys think about the light rifle? I think I’m starting to get better at it… btw is it a 5 headshot kill from the hip or a 6 headshot kill from the hip?

Lightrifle is ok, from the hip its not great but if you zoom it does better damage. I believe its 5 shots from the hip but 4 with a minimum 1 zoomed shot, 2 hip and a final shot to the head. It potentially has the fastest kill time but its quite hard to be in the situation that you can do it at times so then it potentially has the absolute slowest kill time.

So there are times you will get a kill you might not have otherwise and there are other times when you feel that if you ran DMR you would have survived. Its a really win/lose gun which I would only recommend if you are fully confident you can be good with it.

> The DMR and BR out shine it so it seems useless to me. It’s quite good at stripping shields so for a support role maybe but even then it still doesn’t stack up against the other weapons.

i think i might try forcing myself to use the light rifle until i end up killing both dmr and br users it will destroy my k/d ratio… but atleast ill feel more unique

> > > Animation looks no different when zooming in while playing halo games so hip fire is technically incorrect. Anyways, I’ve been in halo forums for quite some time and have never heard it referred to as hip fire.
> >
> > so what should i call it?
>
> Call it whatever you want man. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page, not trying to be a -Yoink!-. Anyways, I loved the light rifle at first because it seemed as if I was getting 5 shot kills whether the last shot was a headshot OR a body shot. However, I quickly grew tired of it and because it seems to have a slightly slower rate of fire than the DMR. I may be wrong but that’s the feeling I got. SO now I just go with the DMR and have my BR as my secondary.

So you run Firepower huh? I don’t bother with that as I can pick up a primary off a dead person easily enough if I really need it and the pistols have very practical uses anyway. It also means I can benefit from something better in that slot than the ability to run 2 primaries.

Tried it for one BTB game, found it surprisingly difficult to use, and gave up with it. I want to try using it again, though. Still seems like it would be useful in BTB.

I also found the light rifle lacking, it has potential but as of right now, i find more use using the Carbine for it’s speed and semi-rapid hip fire.

Using the light rifle may take more skill to actually master it.

> > > > Animation looks no different when zooming in while playing halo games so hip fire is technically incorrect. Anyways, I’ve been in halo forums for quite some time and have never heard it referred to as hip fire.
> > >
> > > so what should i call it?
> >
> > Call it whatever you want man. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page, not trying to be a -Yoink!-. Anyways, I loved the light rifle at first because it seemed as if I was getting 5 shot kills whether the last shot was a headshot OR a body shot. However, I quickly grew tired of it and because it seems to have a slightly slower rate of fire than the DMR. I may be wrong but that’s the feeling I got. SO now I just go with the DMR and have my BR as my secondary.
>
> So you run Firepower huh? I don’t bother with that as I can pick up a primary off a dead person easily enough if I really need it and the pistols have very practical uses anyway. It also means I can benefit from something better in that slot than the ability to run 2 primaries.

Yeah, I’m trying out and seeing if I like it. The main reason I’m using firepower is that I always seem to be running out of ammo in this game. Also, the BR seems to be a bit more efficient in close up battles so I use Promethean vision to be able to predict when a close combat situation is about to occur.

scoped in, it was beast. i started off using it. but close range i’d get beat more often then getting the kill.

all i gotta say is DMR.

I’ll occasionally change it up when i want too but the DMR is just crazy awesome.

Actually, to me the lightrifle is balanced out against the other precision weapons by its high damage. It shoots slower but it seems to do more damage overall.

I also noticed that if you are aiming at the head when the shield breaks, the shot goes through for the headshot.

Overall? I prefer my carbine due to its ability to consistently knock my foes scope around and high ROF, but the lightrifle is my second go-to precision weapon. Then again, I like the storm rifle, so maybe I’m just weird.

Not gonna lie, leading shots just does not work well with Halo 4’s lag compensation system.

I find that leading shots just does NOT work in a game against other weapons that have hitscan.

I’m rank 1 on BF3 stats for HS/K and I find it even more difficult to hit headshots with it, even without the drop, just because of the higher base movement speed in halo 4.