What do you "competitive" players think of Halo 4 multiplayer so far?

I’m anxious to hear what the competitive community think of Halo 4 judging by the info and footage we’ve seen.

Post away!

RAGHRAGHRAGHRAGHRAGHRAGHRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

…Yeah that’s pretty much what I think, in a nutshell.

> RAGHRAGHRAGHRAGHRAGHRAGHRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
>
> …Yeah that’s pretty much what I think, in a nutshell.

So does that mean you are excited or pissed? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sprint, Thrust, Perks, 30fps… a lot o Crysisy footage (fp opening gate scene and music, anyone noticed?).

Doubts, doubts and more doubts.

At its core it looks promising. Not a fan of sprint and perks but as long as it can be removed in the MLG and some other competitive playlists thats fine. Noticed in one of the pictures that the BR appears to still have spread based on the vapor trails and that is what is most concerning at the moment.

Perks look stupid. They may work, but I am going to be pessimistic. I was way too optimistic for Reach, and look how that turned out.

Frankie said that they understand such a drastic change could anger us, so there will be a place without them.

I approve.

EDIT: No bloom, good movement, and no health packs make a happy Sitri.

> > RAGHRAGHRAGHRAGHRAGHRAGHRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
> >
> > …Yeah that’s pretty much what I think, in a nutshell.
>
> So does that mean you are excited or pissed? :stuck_out_tongue:

A bit of both. On one hand BR is back, no bloom F*** yes.

Buuut on the other, we have sprint, thrusters, perks, and based on the reticle it looks like spread is back too (though that’s pure speculation). FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Overall, I’d say it’s a step up from Reach, which is something.

So far I’m disappointed. Perks? Check. Progression System? Check. Sprint? Check. No Beta? Check. No gameplay (longer than a couple seconds) shown? Check. Fail? Double Check.

> I’m anxious to hear what the competitive community think of Halo 4 judging by the info and footage we’ve seen.
>
> Post away!

It looks good, except for the sprint part. But there is still a possibility that it will be removed in ranked (if we have ranked). Then I’m super happy.

I’m a little concerned so far, the BR is back so im extremely happy and it’s looking good. Sprint is a little worrying but it seem’s movement speed and jump height are looking ok so far but until i experience a MP Beta (if any) i can’t come to a proper conclusion.

There is only so much you can glean from that video and i still have several question’s such as for example:

Are strafe’s viable again? will sprint mean a decrease in movement speed a la Reach?

How does the ranking system work? is 1-50 back?

And most importantly, how big is the skill gap? hopefully at least as big as Halo 3 for example.

All I have to say is— rat-tat-ta

It looks like a crappy CoD knock-off.

Were very happy thank you for asking ----> Watch the best in esports live - MLG

I noticed that in one part he got 5 points for a headshot and assist and I dont know if i like the new scoring >.<

I’m not convinced.

Loadouts and AAs are back, on top of Perks?

This really sounds like Reach all over again.

I don’t have enough information yet to form an opinion on core gameplay mechanics. I can say: it looks very pretty, a breath of fresh air from the greys and browns of Reach.

Sprint, Thrust, Perks, Progression System, 30fps… a lot o Crysisy footage (fp opening gate scene and music, anyone noticed?).

Doubts, doubts and more doubts.

Honestly?

I’m generally disappointed. You admit you’re doing something very controversial with gameplay, yet no beta? But perks…Really? I’m all for change but this was one thing Halo never needed to have a good multiplayer. I’d rather you delay the release if that means there’ll be a beta.

Other than that, maps look great, BR sounds good, gameplay seems much faster, and the game just looks real pretty.

Technically, stripping out all the mechanics that probably can be (sprint, perks and so on), the game looks promising. The new BR reticle could possibly mean they’ve implemented an idea I,ve thought many times about myself. A big reticle that instead of hindering the weapon’s accuracy, creates a psychological effect that makes aiming more demanding at range. I’m also happy to hear that the maps have been designed around competitive gameplay, but on the other hand, there is no proof of that.

Looking the full picture with perks, sprint, and loadouts, the future doesn’t look very bright. I’ve said multiple times that sprint is unnecessary, all its effects can be achieved with a high default movement speed and good map design. The only reason to add it is to add realism, and atteract the gamer crowd who have used to playing games that include sprint. Loadouts are an obvious thing, they simply don’t work. While I really hope they would, I can’t think of a way they would add something to support the skill gap of the game.

Then there are the perks, which I really can’t say anything about as I have no idea of what they will be like. My personal expectations towards them still aren’t very high. Then, finally, there is the ability to see all power weapon locations on the map. I simply can’t come up with a way how that could possibly improve gameplay. It simply discourages teamwork and is generally a bad addition.

That’s pretty much all I can say about Halo 4 gameplay until we get more concrete information. Personally, I’d say the future doesn’t look very bright for the competitive community.

> Technically, stripping out all the mechanics that probably can be (sprint, perks and so on), the game looks promising. The new BR reticle could possibly mean they’ve implemented an idea I,ve thought many times about myself. A big reticle that instead of hindering the weapon’s accuracy, creates a psychological effect that makes aiming more demanding at range. I’m also happy to hear that the maps have been designed around competitive gameplay, but on the other hand, there is no proof of that.
>
> Looking the full picture with perks, sprint, and loadouts, the future doesn’t look very bright. I’ve said multiple times that sprint is unnecessary, all its effects can be achieved with a high default movement speed and good map design. The only reason to add it is to add realism, and atteract the gamer crowd who have used to playing games that include sprint. Loadouts are an obvious thing, they simply don’t work. While I really hope they would, I can’t think of a way they would add something to support the skill gap of the game.
>
> Then there are the perks, which I really can’t say anything about as I have no idea of what they will be like. My personal expectations towards them still aren’t very high. Then, finally, there is the ability to see all power weapon locations on the map. I simply can’t come up with a way how that could possibly improve gameplay. It simply discourages teamwork and is generally a bad addition.
>
> That’s pretty much all I can say about Halo 4 gameplay until we get more concrete information. Personally, I’d say the future doesn’t look very bright for the competitive community.

Too bad for them. All they do is whine and complain about everything.