What do you appreciate most about Halo?

So since today is the 15th anniversary of Halo I thought I’d ask the Halo community:

What is the thing you appreciate most about Halo and why?

I appreciate the story above all things. The writers over the past 15 years have collaborated to make one of the most interesting, diverse, and luring stories in all of gaming and science fiction history. Despite the recent blemishes in Halo’s story (specifically Halo 5), I still have high hopes that Halo 6 and games/novels beyond that will continue to build upon Halo’s incredible story.

To conclude, thank you to everyone in 343 and the Halo community as a whole for making the amazing experience of playing Halo possible. I’ve made many friends and have had many memories over these years of playing Halo and I can’t thank everyone enough for it.

Here’s to 15 more years of Halo <3

I appreciate the fact the Halo has been able to build up such an amazing community on the forums and in the games

Love the story and the community

I love the camaraderie it builds. You had clans, LANS, midnight parties, split-screen speed runs, legendary runs, LASO runs, spartan companies, Vidmaster challenges, firefight challenges - the list goes on and on. I think one of the pillars of Halo (and sadly something the latest installment didn’t do too well) is that it’s a social, shared experience. It’s not solely an awe-inspiring solo experience, like exploring Rapture in Bioshock or freaking yourself out when you enter a windowless room in Dead Space. It’s bringing us gamers together on a common platform.

The Music. Iconic.

> 2533274887841772;1:
> So since today is the 15th anniversary of Halo I thought I’d ask the Halo community:
>
> What is the thing you appreciate most about Halo and why?
>
> I appreciate the story above all things. The writers over the past 15 years have collaborated to make one of the most interesting, diverse, and luring stories in all of gaming and science fiction history. Despite the recent blemishes in Halo’s story (specifically Halo 5), I still have high hopes that Halo 6 and games/novels beyond that will continue to build upon Halo’s incredible story.
>
> To conclude, thank you to everyone in 343 and the Halo community as a whole for making the amazing experience of playing Halo possible. I’ve made many friends and have had many memories over these years of playing Halo and I can’t thank everyone enough for it.
>
> Here’s to 15 more years of Halo <3

I appreciate that its always there for me, whenever I need to some me time, I turn on my xbox and play some halo :slight_smile:

I love the variation in gametypes. It is more fun to me to have objectives than to just go for kills. I’m better with direction. I also like having to work together as a team. I love all the weapons and different vehicles. I love when you get lucky and meet people who are nice and talk back and make friends.

The music. Marty and Michael are bae.

> 2533274817408735;8:
> The music. Marty and Michael are bae.

Marty is a legend.

> 2535419886271013;2:
> I appreciate the fact the Halo has been able to build up such an amazing community on the forums and in the games

For sure. The community is amazing.

I appreciate the story and its community (even if the community is divided currently).

I appreciate that Halo is a shooter that has captivated me as much with it’s story, characters, music, and expanded lore as it has with it’s addicting multiplayer and ability to foster a great community.

The characters, mainly Master Chief and Cortana. They are just so iconic. I bet if you showed a picture of one of them to a gamer who has never played Halo, they could tell you who they are.

> 2533274924401014;13:
> The characters, mainly Master Chief and Cortana. They are just so iconic. I bet if you showed a picture of one of them to a gamer who has never played Halo, they could tell you who they are.

That’s true. Master Chief is one of the most recognizable characters in the video game industry.

I appreciate the story and lore, considering how complex and interesting it is. It is also so expansive that its open for community interpretation, meaning even more stories related to the core lore. Its like a second life for me.

I DID appreciate its uniqueness and ability to stand out from other shooters with its amazing story and gameplay. However, I feel that 343 has ruined it a bit. Not to bash on them, but they have made alot of mistakes with the story and just trying to make Halo more like COD.