What do you actually like about Halo: Reach?

I understand that forums are meant for feedback and that feedback usually contains areas we all feel need improvement or areas that need to be lynched. 343 can’t do a whole lot about Reach, but they can use the feedback for Halo 4 and future games. However, as much as the cons need to be pointed out so do the pros. What about Reach are you actually satisfied/content with? What do you think was done right, if anything? Lets let 343 know what we feel was done right or was on the right track and should see a return in the future.

Honestly? Nothing. There is not a single aspect of the game that I don’t think could be improved in some respect.

> Honestly? Nothing. There is not a single aspect of the game that I don’t think could be improved in some respect.

I generally dislike Bloom, AAs and the weird physics that vehicles suddenly have. I pretty much loved anything about Halo 2 soo.

When the frame rate is not constantly dropping I enjoy the campaign and firefight.

> > Honestly? Nothing. There is not a single aspect of the game that I don’t think could be improved in some respect.
>
> I generally dislike Bloom, AAs and the weird physics that vehicles suddenly have. I pretty much loved anything about Halo 2 soo.

Well I was trying to go for a concentrated source of positive feedback. They know how we feel about the things we don’ like, it’s everywhere on the forums. I just wanted a place where they could see what didn’t suck. And if you don’t feel there was anything good about it then feel free to say so. I would just ask to stay away from specific aspects you don’t like.

Pros: Love the motion tracker tells me the height of the enemies, The overheat on turrets(stop those who would shoot like there is no tomorrow on the falcon) Sprint speeds up gameplay. Invasion is a fun gametype.

Cons:The motion tracker can induce camping especially on Sword base. DMR/Sniper do to much dame against vehicles. Armor Lock completely dominates in CQC. Revenant is sort of random when it comes to damage.

Obviously they’re more but these are the first I could think of

> > > Honestly? Nothing. There is not a single aspect of the game that I don’t think could be improved in some respect.
> >
> > I generally dislike Bloom, AAs and the weird physics that vehicles suddenly have. I pretty much loved anything about Halo 2 soo.
>
> Well I was trying to go for a concentrated source of positive feedback. They know how we feel about the things we don’ like, it’s everywhere on the forums. I just wanted a place where they could see what didn’t suck. And if you don’t feel there was anything good about it then feel free to say so. I would just ask to stay away from specific aspects you don’t like.

OK…welll…I love the AR! It’s a beast compared to the H3 AR :smiley:

And the needler.

If AAs were removed, it would be 3x as good. Still not saying a whole lot.
Vehicles are generally useless.
There is a stupid amount of power weapons.
generally, the people who play it are idiots.
double deaths in living dead destroys the whole playlist for me.
Something I like? hmmmm…
I would like a non suckish DMR. that would be cool. So with no bloom DMR would be awesome!

> I understand that forums are meant for feedback and that feedback usually contains areas we all feel need improvement or areas that need to be lynched. 343 can’t do a whole lot about Reach, but they can use the feedback for Halo 4 and future games. However, as much as the cons need to be pointed out so do the pros. What about Reach are you actually satisfied/content with? What do you think was done right, if anything? Lets let 343 know what we feel was done right or was on the right track and should see a return in the future.

Grenade launcher
revanant is cool, but choppers should exists alongside
plasma launcher (though i think in H4 it should be a clone of the missile pod but minus the slow movement speed)
PP
needler (finally done right , though if bloom is removed id like the other reticule elites have to buff them up same for pp and PR)
Ar would be perfect if it had 60 rd clip
hitscan
focus rifle was really designed cool and sounds great and is actually very effective but could use a damage buff

Let’s see, I’m going to break this down. (Also if I mention things from Halo 3 and not from previous games, just know that it’s the game I had the most experience with)

Campaign: I don’t know what it is, but I personally didn’t like Reach’s campaign at all. It lost the charm that previous Halos had (mainly 1 and 3). The original Halos had campaigns that were fun, lighthearted, and even cheesy at times, and I loved every bit of it! Reach’s campaign tried to be all rugged and it just doesn’t fit in with Halo in my opinion.

Campaign Skulls: I loved it much more in Halo 3 where I was tasked with actually finding the skulls. It added a level of depth and exploration to the game, gave the game more replay value.

Matchmaking: There is rarely much lag in the games I’ve played, so that’s good. The Psych profile would have been a nice addition if it actually worked well. While voting is nice, I prefer Halo 3’s veto system. With voting, you are likely to play the exact same maps over, and over, and over. With veto, it forced players to play more of a variety of maps. The only way to improve in this area would be to go back to veto, and then add a custom game search where you can find the games you want to play.

Matchmaking Playlists: I liked how in Halo 3, there was a bit of objective in Team Slayer. I feel as though it was better for the game overall, but at the same time I guess it is important to keep a slayer only playlist. Also, I hate how the community maps are mixed into many of the main matchmaking playlists. Majority of the games played are on forgeworld, on maps that I can’t stand. the only forge map i enjoy playing on is Affinity, the rest are trash. It’s a nice concept to have player submitted maps in matchmaking, but please make them have their own playlist and make the main playlists have official maps only. It is nice to have Grifball and Infection playlists though. On that note, where’s the race playlist already?!

Firefight: Of all of the additions in Reach, I’d say that Gruntpocolypse is my favorite :). Custom firefight options are also fantastic. However, it would be nice to have a mode that plays much closer to the feel of ODST. Also, most of the maps were awful. I think the only map (DLC included) that I like in firefight is Courtyard. ODSTs firefight maps were far beyond the quality of Reach’s.

Custom Games: Custom game options were awful in Reach. There weren’t enough of them, and half of them were broken. Also, the impostering engine is awful. Playing 4 player splitscreen with that in the game makes it impossible to see anything until it is directly in front of you. (At least on Hemorrhage)

Forge: While Forge 2.0 is awesome it could still be improved. An undo edit feature would be nice, as well as an invert or stretch/skew object option. The main thing that ruined forge however is the limited pallet of object designs. I have never seen so much grey in a map in my life. It’s worse that the color pallet for Call of Duty. More themes would be nice, rather than just forrunner, and more maps than just forgeworld would be great. We don’t need a huge forgeworld, just give us a few that are half or a third of the size of Forgeworld rather than making it all one map (as epic as that may seem).

Theater: This one received a downgrade from Halo 3. It has a rewind button that still doesn’t work, and now you can’t go into it with a party.

Gametypes: It’s nice that there are new gametypes (CTF Slayer especially). Still upset though at the removal of VIP and how they ruined Juggernaut.

Maps: The maps in Reach (as of now) are awful. I find it funny how every map coming in CEA is going to be better than the Reach maps, and they are 10 year old maps! Also, multiplayer maps and campaign maps should be different, not recycled and used in both places.

Character Customization: This one is a vast improvement, with the exception being that I hate the new model for spartans, it needs to return to the Halo 2/3 beefy spartan model.

Trueskill: I feel like this hasn’t worked in Reach at all. Then again, I feel as though it was broken in Halo 3 as well.

Challenges: These are nice, but get too dull after a while. Needs some interesting variety.

File Browser: This is probably the one thing I’m completely satisfied with, great addition.

So overall, what do I like about Halo: Reach (pre-CEA)?
(AKA, TLDR):
Addition of grifball and infection playlists
Gruntpocalypse and Courtyard
Forge 2.0 (but not forgeworld), though there is still a ton of room for improvement
CTF SLAYER!!!
File browser

Other than those few steps forward, Reach mostly took several awful steps backwards.

Edit: I seem to have forgotten to bash AAs and Loadouts… (insert bad comments about them here)

Edit2: I seem to also have forgotten to bash DMRs bloom and paper vehicles shakes fist

I like to pwn n00bs.

That it’s getting a Title Update.

Because now it sucks.

> > > Honestly? Nothing. There is not a single aspect of the game that I don’t think could be improved in some respect.
> >
> > I generally dislike Bloom, AAs and the weird physics that vehicles suddenly have. I pretty much loved anything about Halo 2 soo.
>
> Well I was trying to go for a concentrated source of positive feedback. They know how we feel about the things we don’ like, it’s everywhere on the forums. I just wanted a place where they could see what didn’t suck. And if you don’t feel there was anything good about it then feel free to say so. I would just ask to stay away from specific aspects you don’t like.

I don’t really like anything from Reach as of now. Or anything that I think is essential to a Halo game(matchmaking, campaign, custom games).

Forge is the only thing that has really gotten a total overhaul, but I don’t find forge essential to a Halo game. It is however a super awesome feature to have.

The Grenade Launcher is the best addition to the game.
The Living Dead playlist, the fact that a permanent one actually exists!
The Plasma Launcher, it could have slightly better tracking though.
I reckon that I am the only one that actually likes the Focus Rifle as it is.
Non-regenerating health for the bottom layer of health.
Forge world was a good idea.
The Magnum melee animation (the one where the Magnum is tossed in the air), I’m glad they added that back in from Halo 1.

> That it’s getting a Title Update.
>
>
> Because now it sucks.

This. CEA + the TU will bring new life back into the game.

I’m with “nothing,” especially after playing space marine.

By comparison Reach’s campaign seems to me an entirely half–Yoink- thing. Or rather rather I guess it’s a whole–Yoinked!-, or a non–Yoinked!-, depending on what part of the half actually contributes to the crapiness, but anyway after playing richer, better games there’s not a single aspect to Reach (and I mean that quite litterally) that I can hold up and say “this is it, this is why I play video games.”

I like that it was the last Halo game made by Bungie.

• I like Armor Abilities (though I agree certain gametypes and sections of the campaign should exclude them)

• I like the new Forge

• I like the DMR (and how it’s not a power weapon)

• I like cheesy death animations

• I like the new weaponry

• I like the smoother controls and gameplay

• I like good netcoding

• I like the fact that bullets travel as fast as bullets (lol hitscan)

Excellent stuff.

Netcode and grenade launcher.