What do we do.. 10 years of meh visuals!!

If halo infinite is graphically this bad at launch and this is supposed to be the game we play for 10 years… I don’t I see myself 10 years!!! from now to stay and play a game that in some lightning already looks like Minecraft and can still be played on base Xbox one… I don’t understand 343 logic with this.

I agree that the visuals are pretty damn bad but I feel like Minecraft is a bad comparison considering it’s literally a 10 year old game that is still played by a lot of people today.

Lol you know what I mean tho lol. Game already looks 10 years old and I reaallly don’t have confidence that at release the game will look Better. So if the game looks bad and is labeled as a game that didn’t live up and we’re stuck with it for 10 years… what do we do just say ight thanks 343 for killing halo then leave… halo don’t deserve that.

I don’t see myself playing any game that exists today ten years from now.

Honestly, Halo would be better off with a Call of Duty style model where they have two studios and release a game every 2 years, with each game getting 4 years of development.

They don’t have to all be mainline Halo. I’d be pretty happy with a spin-off akin to ODST where you play as a new Spartan who isn’t as experienced or developed as chief. Maybe that’s what they were trialling with H5, but that didn’t land because of the overall story of the game.

> 2533274801036271;4:
> I don’t see myself playing any game that exists today ten years from now.
>
> Honestly, Halo would be better off with a Call of Duty style model where they have two studios and release a game every 2 years, with each game getting 4 years of development.
>
> They don’t have to all be mainline Halo. I’d be pretty happy with a spin-off akin to ODST where you play as a new Spartan who isn’t as experienced or developed as chief. Maybe that’s what they were trialling with H5, but that didn’t land because of the overall story of the game.

I’m pretty sure spin off campaigns are the intention of this ten year cycle.

As for the graphics, I think people are being incredibly overdramatic about it and just finding the weirdest hill to die on. Seriously, I expected all the complaining to be solely about Halo having sprint again.

It will most definitely not last anywhere close to 10 years if the visuals don’t drastically improve. Main reason being that over the next couple years Halo: Infinite is going to have a lot of competition and will need to be able to stand out amongst that competition in regards to both gameplay AND graphics to last a decade.

This is how games like The Witcher 3 and Destiny 2 are still going strong. Both of which actually have better visuals then the Halo: Infinite July gameplay ironically. The Witcher 3 has a much better lighting system for its’ day night cycle. and great increment weather to boot.

The Halo: Infinite July gameplay did not even have any wind. The grass and trees were all static.

> 2533274801036271;4:
> I don’t see myself playing any game that exists today ten years from now.
>
> Honestly, Halo would be better off with a Call of Duty style model where they have two studios and release a game every 2 years, with each game getting 4 years of development.
>
> They don’t have to all be mainline Halo. I’d be pretty happy with a spin-off akin to ODST where you play as a new Spartan who isn’t as experienced or developed as chief. Maybe that’s what they were trialling with H5, but that didn’t land because of the overall story of the game.

I understand its your opinion, but in all honesty i dont know how some people even think thats viable, lets not adopt anything more from other games please. That would lead to sooo many problems, even though i consider Halo doomed already

> 2533274843630494;7:
> > 2533274801036271;4:
> > I don’t see myself playing any game that exists today ten years from now.
> >
> > Honestly, Halo would be better off with a Call of Duty style model where they have two studios and release a game every 2 years, with each game getting 4 years of development.
> >
> > They don’t have to all be mainline Halo. I’d be pretty happy with a spin-off akin to ODST where you play as a new Spartan who isn’t as experienced or developed as chief. Maybe that’s what they were trialling with H5, but that didn’t land because of the overall story of the game.
>
> I understand its your opinion, but in all honesty i dont know how some people even think thats viable, lets not adopt anything more from other games please. That would lead to sooo many problems, even though i consider Halo doomed already

I just can’t believe it has been 5 years since Halo 5 and the gameplay they produced to show for that 5 years of extended development was poor quality.

> 2533274863446848;1:
> If halo infinite is graphically this bad at launch and this is supposed to be the game we play for 10 years… I don’t I see myself 10 years!!! from now to stay and play a game that in some lightning already looks like Minecraft and can still be played on base Xbox one… I don’t understand 343 logic with this.

The worse part is they’ll be limited on what they can do because its on current gen as well.

Literally copying Destiny.

https://youtu.be/xymQaE7Ci3A<!–/data/user/0/com.samsung.android.app.notes/files/clipdata/clipdata_200728_205636_580.sdoc–>

> 2533274843630494;7:
> > 2533274801036271;4:
> > I don’t see myself playing any game that exists today ten years from now.
> >
> > Honestly, Halo would be better off with a Call of Duty style model where they have two studios and release a game every 2 years, with each game getting 4 years of development.
> >
> > They don’t have to all be mainline Halo. I’d be pretty happy with a spin-off akin to ODST where you play as a new Spartan who isn’t as experienced or developed as chief. Maybe that’s what they were trialling with H5, but that didn’t land because of the overall story of the game.
>
> I understand its your opinion, but in all honesty i dont know how some people even think thats viable, lets not adopt anything more from other games please. That would lead to sooo many problems, even though i consider Halo doomed already

Well then if it’s doomed, it clearly needs to adopt more things from profitable, successful gaming business models to save itself from damnation. I’m just being facetious though, it’s not doomed in any sense of the word.

Not everything that’s popular is bad. Usually means there is enough quality there to maintain numbers.

Problem with Halo is, you want something that’s niche and not what the mainstream audience want. But then you won’t get a AAA title game because its niche and only to particular tastes.

Halo is moving in a positive direction for lots of people, you might not be one of them and that’s okay. Go play something else. No point wasting your time and efforts over a “doomed game”, it’s never going to be what you want it to be clearly.

> Go play something else. No point wasting your time and efforts over a “doomed game”, it’s never going to be what you want it to be clearly.

Yea, no thanks, i dont usually do what people on the internet tell me to.
I prefer to voice my opinion and do my best to help Halo become the game it one was.

Not everything thats popular is good also.
And you re telling me classic Halo was not mainstream? Popularity and playerbase drastically dropped with the addition of foreign mechanics, so i dont exactly understand how thats positive for a lot of people.
But if you say so, you must know something nobody else knows obviously.
I ve seen you on other posts, saying that you are a classic Halo fan yet you only have Halo 2 played on your profile, kinda seems like you re using that as an excuse, you know?

> Yea, no thanks, i dont usually do what people on the internet tell me to.
> I prefer to voice my opinion and do my best to help Halo become the game it one was.

Fair enough. It’s important to tell your side of the story, but if it’s not done constructively, no-one will listen. Considering how much of the community is excited for this game, and how far into production it is, little will be changed before final release despite forum posts unfortunately. Opinions are important but sales and profitability will be the only thing that will change and influence anything.

> Not everything thats popular is good also.
> And you re telling me classic Halo was not mainstream? Popularity and playerbase drastically dropped with the addition of foreign mechanics, so i dont exactly understand how thats positive for a lot of people.
> But if you say so, you must know something nobody else knows obviously.

Agreed, popularity doesn’t always breed quality. That’s usually synonymous with things that drop out of the public eye quickly - fidget spinners would be a good example of that. Halo was a huge game 20 years ago yes, even 10 years ago it dominated online. It still has a huge fanbase, but it is considerably smaller when looked at as a wider gaming culture in this day and age. It was not really mainstream though in the sense, as gaming wasn’t mainstream. The audience for gaming is just much larger now than it once was. This has resulted in more games of higher quality and different genres. Before people who played Halo now have plenty of futuristic FPS alternatives that may suit them more. A lot of the original fans have also grown up considerably and their tastes and preferences have evolved.

> I ve seen you on other posts, saying that you are a classic Halo fan yet you only have Halo 2 played on your profile, kinda seems like you re using that as an excuse, you know?

My stats are no longer showing since I changed my gamertag, this is my original Xbox 360 profile. I’ve got every FPS Halo game, beaten them all multiple times aside from Halo 5. If you don’t believe me just look at my gamerscore, I have achievements for every Halo game. I have three copies of Halo 3 because my original disc stopped working (Heroic Edition), got ODST and that scratched when my friend knocked over my Xbox so I bought another copy. Maybe I played the original too much getting that 5,000exp for the Five Star General. I’m a long term fan of Halo, but I’m also just a huge fan of video games and I see the benefit of doing things differently. I’ve left behind many franchises as they’ve evolved outside of my tastes, I’ve made peace with that. Halo hasn’t for me, but it sounds like it has for you which is a shame, but it is what it is. There are many great franchises out there.

you know both infinite and mincraft are getting ray tracing right? Sure it may be post-launch but that alone will vastly change it

> 2533274863446848;1:
> If halo infinite is graphically this bad at launch and this is supposed to be the game we play for 10 years… I don’t I see myself 10 years!!! from now to stay and play a game that in some lightning already looks like Minecraft and can still be played on base Xbox one… I don’t understand 343 logic with this.

I also have issues with the graphics, but you also have to take into account that if the game lasts 5 or 10 years, they are going to be upping the quality throughout its life. For instance, they have already promised a ray tracing patch, and ray tracing is an enormous improvement over traditional lighting. Aside from that, I imagine a few years down the line when they drop support for the Xbox One, they might do additional patches/content updates that are exclusive to the Series X and PC versions, sort of like how Bungie did with only releasing Destiny’s Rise of Iron expansion only on the Xbox One and PS4 versions. Of course, having great lighting and visuals at launch is the goal, but at this point we have to be realistic with the timeline and circumstances.

> 2533274863446848;1:
> If halo infinite is graphically this bad at launch and this is supposed to be the game we play for 10 years… I don’t I see myself 10 years!!! from now to stay and play a game that in some lightning already looks like Minecraft and can still be played on base Xbox one… I don’t understand 343 logic with this.

They are adding ray tracing after launch and will just add visual enhancements when necessary to keep it up to date graphics wise.

All the people thinking ray tracing will solve the issue, please try to understand: Better lighting techniques does not, in any way, increase texture resolution or add detail. While Halo Infinite does have incredibly flat lighting, the real problem is low texture detail/resolutions. It’s a problem with the art assets more than the lighting.

You can add ray tracing to the original Halo 2 and its not going to make those textures look any less “muddy” on a 4k display (though the actual lighting would be improved). Same with Minecraft, the ambiance and lighting is more dramatic but the texture detail remains pixelated. Ray tracing will not improve bad art, it will only light it more realistically/dramatically.

Also, 343 has had 5 years. The pandemic has been going on maybe 6 months? That’s not a valid excuse to cover the other 4 1/2 years of development time. Halo deserves better.