What do the Pros/MLG community think?

Sundance DiGiovanni ‏ @MLGSundance (CEO of MLG)
I really hope that the written word is a lie.

Tyler Ninja Blevins ‏ @Ninja_MLG
Attention @scott_343 and frank with all this -Yoink- being added we just want 1 thing,CUSTOMIZATION allow us to be able to turn the -Yoink- off RT
^^^
TiberiusAudley ‏ @TiberiusAudley
@Ninja_MLG @scott_343 Wrong. We want a game with a definable skill gap and good competitive play with its default settings.
The less we of competitive communities (http://BTB.net and MLG) have to tweak, the easier it is to expand.
The more we have to tweak, the more players we alienate in the process, and our audience/player base shrinks.
It’s a lot easier to draw an audience when it’s “They’re playing Halo” rather than "Oh, they’re playing -X Playlist-"

Red Bull Gaming ‏ @redbullGAMING
Halo 4 is the most anticipated title of 2012, according to Nielsen.

The Halo Council ‏ @TheHaloCouncil
Any positive reviews about the Leaked info yet? #Halo4

so, frank oconnor is the same guy that wrote for bnet who claimed that using button glitches in halo 2 was cheating. im no longer surprised.
Retweeted by Nick Johnson

Michael Chaves ‏ @FlamesworDsQ
.@scott_343 Halo 4 wants: 1) Same theater mode from H3 so groups can watch 2) A very well structured spectator mode 3) Ranked playlists

Ian Porter ‏ @Crimsix
I came to Halo so I didn’t have to play Cod. I guess my plan just went to -Yoink-.

Nick Johnson ‏ @NickBesTMaN
wakes up sees h4 information goes back to bed
Retweeted by MLG ACE

MLG ACE ‏ @MLGACE
I wonder where 343 got the idea to tap ‘X’ to spawn, join games in progress, sprint constantly and buy things with exp or points.

MLG ACE ‏ @MLGACE
Did I forget Spartan Spec Ops Mode? Loving the Originality these days

MLG ACE ‏ @MLGACE
This just in- Halo 4 will have kill streaks and multitudes of perks…#creativity

Nick Kershner ‏ @MaNiaCCCCCC
I think @HaloWaypoint proves college degrees do not mean you’re intelligent.

Kyle Lawson ‏ @Chiig
From the H4 news, i swear if covenant can see me thru walls im gonna be so mad!

Bryan Simon ‏ @BryanSimon
I hope this isnt real. RT @FatMarshall: Dude… read the new info on Halo 4. It’s over, man. It’s all over… http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=71353081
Retweeted by Kyle Lawson

Faisal Khan ‏ @GGoofy
Halo 4 = -Yoinked!-

Faisal Khan ‏ @GGoofy
I thought the cycle of each Halo game being worse than the last was gonna end with Halo 4. Thanks for proving me wrong 343! @HaloWaypoint

Tyler Ninja Blevins ‏ @Ninja_MLG
If there are any call of -Yoink!- settings implemented into halo 4 I can guarantee a flop, #keephaloHALO

Matt Piper ‏ @F0RMAL
343, what the hell are you doing?

I hope sprint isn’t always on as in you can have sprint and jet pack. Hopefully you can tweak it through the custom settings.

For the instant respawn I hope the same as well, that you can set spawn times in custom settings, which I am sure they will have.

Still can’t wait for Halo 4, each new one excites me no matter what!

Tony Kampy ‏ @TonyKampy
Dear God that better be a troll.

Tony Kampy ‏ @TonyKampy
Everyone is getting trolled hard right now by whoever faked that halo 4 info. There’s no way any of that is real…

Chris C ‏ @ohBlaze
WHAT THE -Yoink- DID I JUST READ. FRANK WHAT THE -Yoink-!

Eric Wrona ‏ @EDWSnip3down
@RichieHeinz:http://halocouncil.com/content.php?55-GameInformer-Halo-4-Information-leaked” After reading this the chances of me playing Halo 4 are about 1/100. Congrats 343, you really listened…

Eric Wrona ‏ @EDWSnip3down
Honestly, I said this about reach. If 343 asked 1 -Yoink!- pro player to test out reach before it came out, I would have made 100 changes. Fail

Scott R Lussier ‏ @MLG_Gandhi
The disappointment in what I’ve read cant be summarized.
Retweeted by Eric Wrona

Richie Heinz ‏ @RichieHeinz
After reading that, it really seems like Call of Duty: Halo. “Tap X” Instant respawns, joining in-progress games, sprint. #Sigh

Rob ‏ @Brother_Rob
RT @RyanTowey: Feels like I’m living through AnotheR horrible dream right now…is this seriously happening? @HaloWaypoint #343i

Str8 SicK(; ‏ @TheRealStr8Sick
Sigh…

Bradley ‏ @aPureGangster
343’s getting a little reckless over in WA.

Ryan Towey ‏ @RyanTowey
Its an overwhelming sadness man, a reality none of us want to face RT @MLG_Gandhi The disappointment in what Ive read cant be summarized

mason cobb ‏ @masoncobb
Maybe cod players will be good at halo now ohhhh @NickBesTMaN come on that was a good one

mason cobb ‏ @masoncobb
I’m trying I X-ray vision cortanas dress tho #bitchmob #tinyshirt

Ryan Towey ‏ @RyanTowey
Feels like I’m living through a horrible dream right now…is this seriously happening? @HaloWaypoint #343i

Nick ‏ @ImMarksman
Did you guys hear the good news? #343Studios is making the next CoD!

dmaq ‏ @dmaq1
Hope @bsangel is looking at the competitive halo communitys tweets and relaying … Everyone seems to be disappointed w the new H4 info

Jacob Reiser ‏ @JacobHysteria
yay 343! College here i come!

Tj Campbell ‏ @LxthuL
CANT WAIT FOR HALO 4. Whatever looking for a job

Frank [u4iX] ‏ @u4iXXX
"Don’t worry, armor abilities won’t change the way you play Halo, but now you can see through walls."

Joey Bentley ‏ @SaUcEySOARS
Lmao… “Weapons drop in pods to random places on the map” 343 -Yoink- your game development department asap

Ray Smith ‏ @CyReN_
Halo 4 information comes out the same weekend as Titanic. Coincidence?

Scott R Lussier ‏ @MLG_Gandhi
After reading the article on @TheHaloCouncil forums, I can honestly say halo 4 doesn’t seem promising. I’m struck with grief.

Frank [u4iX] ‏ @u4iXXX
Kills times over a second plus “X” for instant respawns equals a kill trade every time. Unless there is a HUGE skill gap, H4 has problems.

And now for my favourite:

TiberiusAudley ‏ @TiberiusAudley
"343i has no plans to include a dedicated Firefight mode." Are they seriously trying to give the middle finger to EVERY community?

So… there’s some hate, some jokes, one or two pros who still remain optimistic, but overall, if these leaks are true, 343 have successfully alienated a large portion of the fanbase. Congratulations.

“Halo 4 information comes out the same weekend as Titanic. Coincidence?”
~ Ray Smith

Not bad, not bad at all.

This ‘wall’ is quite depressing.

Interesting…

the best part is that they really have pissed off EVERYONE, not just MLG, not just “casuals”, not just people who like firefight most. EVERYONE.

I even see an ImMarksman tweet in there joking at how terrible and CoD-esque it looks, this is the guy in charge of twitch.tv, the gaming site of justin.tv, who makes money from people streaming CoD on his site. It’s that depressing.

But yeah the forums over there have pretty much blown up with anger and sadness.

Ian Porter ‏ @Crimsix
I came to Halo so I didn’t have to play Cod. I guess my plan just went to Yoink!.

exactly how I feel. I got into playing halo because I’m so -Yoinking!- sick to death of playing cod and cod clones. Every shooter that comes out has to be some “grunt” fighting in the desert with fakeass COD features. In Halo, you could be having a fight, look up, and see the entire milky way spiral in the sky.

> the best part is that they really have pissed off EVERYONE, not just MLG, not just “casuals”, not just people who like firefight most. EVERYONE.

You know, if it wasn’t actually fake, 343 has really impressed me with this. They have some balls!

Haha, Neighbor’s was -Yoinking!- hilarious.

You left out Sundance’s: “I really hope that the written word is a lie.”

> > the best part is that they really have pissed off EVERYONE, not just MLG, not just “casuals”, not just people who like firefight most. EVERYONE.
>
> You know, if it wasn’t actually fake, 343 has really impressed me with this. They have some balls!

Sadly it’s not fake. There are youtube videos of people flipping through the entire magazine and scans are all over the internet that match the videos. 343 has exceeded all expectations in the failure department.

Ghandi seemed so sad.

Sums up what quite a lot of us are feeling.

> “Halo 4 information comes out the same weekend as Titanic. Coincidence?”
> ~ Ray Smith
>
> Not bad, not bad at all.

Not bad

> Ian Porter ‏ @Crimsix
> I came to Halo so I didn’t have to play Cod. I guess my plan just went to Yoink!.
>
>
> exactly how I feel. I got into playing halo because I’m so -Yoinking!- sick to death of playing cod and cod clones. Every shooter that comes out has to be some “grunt” fighting in the desert with fakeass COD features. In Halo, you could be having a fight, look up, and see the entire milky way spiral in the sky.

Lol at believing that you’ll actually see a Halo in H4. Ridiculous.

So ironic that Crimsix reverted from being a MLG CoD pro to an MLG Halo pro, and now this happens… lol

Wow 343 good luck with Halo 4 I won’t be buying it.

This song can sum up Halo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGmAmJFUvzM

Finally I have something in common with the pros edit not much tho I still think you are way to particular

> Haha, Neighbor’s was -Yoinking!- hilarious.
>
> You left out Sundance’s: “I really hope that the written word is a lie.”

If the game turns out anything like it sounds atm, it won’t be anywhere near competitively viable. MLG won’t touch it with a barge pole.

This honestly sounds like a giant turd was dropped on Halo. I feel like Stan in the “you’re getting old” episode of southpark.

Good luck with the fire 343. Good luck