What do the grd dolls do?

They must be in there for a reason.

I doubt they do anything really, just cool easter eggs.

They squeak when you hit them lol.
Other wise they’re just a fun Easter egg joke.

Besides squeaking whenever you apply physical force to their bodies?

For now, absolutely nothing. Their just…there you know?

What does GRD stand for and why is that helmet NOT in Halo Reach Armory

> What does GRD stand for and why is that helmet NOT in Halo Reach Armory

GRD is just another fan term that is derived from the BOB helmet (which itself derives from the Golden Elite Rangers you find in Reach). BOB is a reference to Marathon, a game Bungie worked on before Halo and it stands for Born On Board.

So many fan theories rose up, first starting with killing all the Golden Elite Rangers ( officially known as BOBs) in Reach, than beating the entire game on Mythic, surviving Lone Wolf etc. Those were some crazy times on B.net

Anyways, there’s this unique helmet that was leaked befog the defiant map pack was released and looked like really weird/incomplete EOD/Gungnir helmet. First it was called Fafnir, than BOB , and finally, the GRD Helmet. Despite it looking really ugly and incomplete, i was told that the helmet looked like something found in Marathon. Here’s what the helmet looks like

The actual term GRD originated from the last Bungie day. On the main promotion, there was this unique visor color that had world on it (Bungie VS the World Promotion. The helmet rocking this supposed visor was the EVA helmet). Some swear that during the live stream, Bungie members had this unique visor in The Armory but didn’t use it and of course wasn’t in the players Armory to use.

I doubt they’d be some throwaway easter egg. Finding them all must have something to do with unlocking the armour somehow. Maybe we need to do something with them once they’ve been found?

> I doubt they’d be some throwaway easter egg. Finding them all must have something to do with unlocking the armour somehow. Maybe we need to do something with them once they’ve been found?

Yep, you have to push them all into one pile and throw a grenade at it so they all fall into the water on Penance. Helmet unlocked.

> > I doubt they’d be some throwaway easter egg. Finding them all must have something to do with unlocking the armour somehow. Maybe we need to do something with them once they’ve been found?
>
> Yep, you have to push them all into one pile and throw a grenade at it so they all fall into the water on Penance. Helmet unlocked.

not gonna lie, i LOL’ed. that’s pretty amusing to imagine. :smiley:

> > What does GRD stand for and why is that helmet NOT in Halo Reach Armory
>
> The actual term GRD originated from the last Bungie day. On the main promotion, there was this unique visor color that had world on it (Bungie VS the World Promotion. The helmet rocking this supposed visor was the EVA helmet). Some swear that during the live stream, Bungie members had this unique visor in The Armory but didn’t use it and of course wasn’t in the players Armory to use.

I thought the term GRD came from many users claiming to have saw the actual BoB helmet in the armour on Bungie Day during the live stream, when in a matter of fact, due to the frames being captured on the card, had GUNGNIR and EOD overlapping each other making it look like GRD.

This is the first I have heard of seeing the Earth Visor in the armoury on Bungie Day, although, since Bungie Day, it was confirmed by a Bungie Employee the helmet has nothing to do with them.

For those who don’t know what this all means, here is a screenshot of one of the GRD dolls.

GRD Doll<—link

> I doubt they’d be some throwaway easter egg. Finding them all must have something to do with unlocking the armour somehow. Maybe we need to do something with them once they’ve been found?

That’s unlikely. Mostly just a cool easter egg to remind us that the GRD Helmet is still out there.

Finding all the dolls has nothing to do with unlocking the helmet, there were rumors of having 100% armory and commendation completion and pass the campaign on Laso.

Can I haz reconz!!!

Oh, sorry about that. Just an old reflex acting up. Frankly this reminds me of when the Vidmaster challenges first appeared on Halo 3. Nobody knew what they were or why they existed, and all my friends thought I was crazy for going after all of them. It was fun to watch my friends scramble to do the same, a few months later, after it was announced that Vidmasters gave you recon. What was I going on about? Oh yes, Obviously these dolls seam a little more direct in their reason for being. However, their use is still a mystery to us. All I’m saying is that, it is unlikely that they would put in such an obvious reference to this mystery helmet without explaining it later on. Further more, you do not need to spent time looking for small, possibly untrue pieces of information. Once the information on how to get this helmet is released, you will see it on every 2 out of 3 Spartans. You will not miss it, so go get some rest and what you want will come to you.

> What does GRD stand for?

Did anyone ever answer this?

> > > I doubt they’d be some throwaway easter egg. Finding them all must have something to do with unlocking the armour somehow. Maybe we need to do something with them once they’ve been found?
> >
> > Yep, you have to push them all into one pile and throw a grenade at it so they all fall into the water on Penance. Helmet unlocked.
>
> not gonna lie, i LOL’ed. that’s pretty amusing to imagine. :smiley:

Well, I heard you have to take the six dolls, and simultaneously jump through the seven holes on Countdown, while meleeing each one, while teabagging, while in space.

It’s pretty simple, I unlocked it yesterday.

> > What does GRD stand for?
>
> Did anyone ever answer this?

“GRD” doesn’t stand for anything, as far as anyone knows. The term “GRD” came up when supposedly someone saw the helment in a Bungie employee’s armory during Bungie Day, and it read “GRD”. None of this is confirmed, actually, it’s all been denied. I refer to it as the BoB helmet, because it’s a reference to Bungie’s game, Marathon.

> > What does GRD stand for and why is that helmet NOT in Halo Reach Armory
>
> GRD is just another fan term that is derived from the BOB helmet (which itself derives from the Golden Elite Rangers you find in Reach). BOB is a reference to Marathon, a game Bungie worked on before Halo and it stands for Born On Board.
>
> So many fan theories rose up, first starting with killing all the Golden Elite Rangers ( officially known as BOBs) in Reach, than beating the entire game on Mythic, surviving Lone Wolf etc. Those were some crazy times on B.net
>
>
> Anyways, there’s this unique helmet that was leaked befog the defiant map pack was released and looked like really weird/incomplete EOD/Gungnir helmet. First it was called Fafnir, than BOB , and finally, the GRD Helmet. Despite it looking really ugly and incomplete, i was told that the helmet looked like something found in Marathon. Here’s what the helmet looks like
>
>
> The actual term GRD originated from the last Bungie day. On the main promotion, there was this unique visor color that had world on it (Bungie VS the World Promotion. The helmet rocking this supposed visor was the EVA helmet). Some swear that during the live stream, Bungie members had this unique visor in The Armory but didn’t use it and of course wasn’t in the players Armory to use.

Correct. And David Ellis confirmed it has a name, but it’s not called GRD. Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFq-___D7HU

> > > > I doubt they’d be some throwaway easter egg. Finding them all must have something to do with unlocking the armour somehow. Maybe we need to do something with them once they’ve been found?
> > >
> > > Yep, you have to push them all into one pile and throw a grenade at it so they all fall into the water on Penance. Helmet unlocked.
> >
> > not gonna lie, i LOL’ed. that’s pretty amusing to imagine. :smiley:
>
> Well, I heard you have to take the six dolls, and simultaneously jump through the seven holes on Countdown, while meleeing each one, while teabagging, while in space.
>
> It’s pretty simple, I unlocked it yesterday.

aww man, no wonder it didn’t work for me!

I honestly think that they’re there for a reason. They remind me of the halo 3 mythic map skulls. They do nothing until all collected. I read on another forums (bungies) that someone found a doll on countdown. What off they’re in all the maps, campaign and ff included and we have to find them ALL. It could be for nothin but it’s still fun. I’m sick of ll the people that hate on the search parties because it’s probably nothing. So what if we want to think we’ve found something. Even if it does nothing it’ll be cool and we had fun. Don’t hate.