What do I have to play for?

Why am I still playing Halo 4? I’ve reached 130 a while ago so level wise I have nothing to aim for. My matchmaking commendations is completed, and I really don’t want to do all these weapon commendations, because getting a ton of kills with the suppressor, storm rifle, etc. Doesn’t sound appealing to me at all. Each playlist’s numbers are completely laughable when looking at them when you realize this game is only 6 months old. This game is dying, and I really really hate to say it. If the CSR isn’t as good as we the community needs it to be you’re going to see a drop of numbers in everything. Instead of trying to get the people who play campaign and spartan ops and instead of trying to convert them into playing matchmaking something they have no interest in why wouldn’t you try to make the best experience for the people who already play matchmaking so they don’t leave the game. 343 I really hope for your guys sake the ranking system is extraordinary. If it’s not… Rest in pieces.

I play the game because it’s fun to me. I really don’t care if I’m a SR130 or SR20, if you have friends to play with, the game is fun.

> I play the game because it’s fun to me. I really don’t care if I’m a SR130 or SR20, if you have friends to play with, the game is fun.

Most of my friends left because Halo 4 wasn’t fun.

> > I play the game because it’s fun to me. I really don’t care if I’m a SR130 or SR20, if you have friends to play with, the game is fun.
>
> Most of my friends left because Halo 4 wasn’t fun.

I agree with both of you. I’m at 130 and I play just to have fun. I don’t care about commendations or achievments or anything. The problem is that I really only have fun for about 2 or 3 games and then I have to turn it off due to boredom.

> > > I play the game because it’s fun to me. I really don’t care if I’m a SR130 or SR20, if you have friends to play with, the game is fun.
> >
> > Most of my friends left because Halo 4 wasn’t fun.
>
> I agree with both of you. I’m at 130 and I play just to have fun. I don’t care about commendations or achievments or anything. The problem is that I really only have fun for <mark>about 2 or 3 games and then I have to turn it off due to boredom.</mark>

This is me 247. It just seems like there is a lot less room to improve in this game. Easy, aim people camping with camo. First person to shoot wins. Easy sniping. Sticky reticle.

CSR is being released on Monday. Anyone can earn the SR-130 with enough time in. But can you EARN a level 50 in Halo 4? That’s a thousand times more worth playing for to me than some level handed out to everyone who puts in the time.

Seriously. Can’t Halo learn a lesson from chess? I mean, when they didn’t come out with a ranking system in chess nearly 1500 years ago, what hope did they have of creating a lasting game? Nobody plays that crap for fun. Could they really expect chess to be played for more than a few months running simply on an inherent love for strategy and enjoyment? Extrinsic motivators are a must. Let’s have more pre-launch incentives, more purchasable add-ons to keep our attention, more developer’s time devoted to customizable character accouterments, and a number by my name. My how I love our current culture.

> CSR is being released on Monday. Anyone can earn the SR-130 with enough time in. But can you EARN a level 50 in Halo 4? That’s a thousand times more worth playing for to me than some level handed out to everyone who puts in the time.

It still doesn’t mean a whole lot (to me). I can’t see my progression unless I walk upstairs between games and check my computer, none of my friends even play anymore because the game has bored them, it’s the easiest Halo yet making it less of an achievement, and you can even get a 50 in Action Sack…

> > CSR is being released on Monday. Anyone can earn the SR-130 with enough time in. But can you EARN a level 50 in Halo 4? That’s a thousand times more worth playing for to me than some level handed out to everyone who puts in the time.
>
> It still doesn’t mean a whole lot (to me). I can’t see my progression unless I walk upstairs between games and check my computer, none of my friends even play anymore because the game has bored them, it’s the easiest Halo yet making it less of an achievement, and you can even get a 50 in Action Sack…

Your’e on the computer now, you can check after a session of playing. If you win, you know you’re closer to moving up, if you lose, you know you are moving down.

Get a 50 in Throwdown, that isn’t the same as Action Sack. Can’t do it? Well, probably because it is going to be very difficult. There’s your challenge.

> > I play the game because it’s fun to me. I really don’t care if I’m a SR130 or SR20, if you have friends to play with, the game is fun.
>
> Most of my friends left because Halo 4 wasn’t fun.

I find reading the forums more fun than Halo 4

> > > I play the game because it’s fun to me. I really don’t care if I’m a SR130 or SR20, if you have friends to play with, the game is fun.
> >
> > Most of my friends left because Halo 4 wasn’t fun.
>
> I find reading the forums more fun than Halo 4

lol cuz its true

> Why am I still playing Halo 4? I’ve reached 130 a while ago so level wise I have nothing to aim for. My matchmaking commendations is completed, and I really don’t want to do all these weapon commendations, because getting a ton of kills with the suppressor, storm rifle, etc. Doesn’t sound appealing to me at all. Each playlist’s numbers are completely laughable when looking at them when you realize this game is only 6 months old. This game is dying, and I really really hate to say it. If the CSR isn’t as good as we the community needs it to be you’re going to see a drop of numbers in everything. Instead of trying to get the people who play campaign and spartan ops and instead of trying to convert them into playing matchmaking something they have no interest in why wouldn’t you try to make the best experience for the people who already play matchmaking so they don’t leave the game. 343 I really hope for your guys sake the ranking system is extraordinary. If it’s not… Rest in pieces.

I am in the same boat. SR130, no enjoyable playlist, and all my friends agree that the matchmaking sucks and they all loved Halo 3 so it’s not like they hate Halo.

> I play the game because it’s fun to me. I really don’t care if I’m a SR130 or SR20, if you have friends to play with, the game is fun.

Yep!

And I set myself challenges. Recently, it has been to see how many kills I could get with one weapon before dieing.

Like, the past two days, with the Fuel Rod Canon, I had 12 shots in and and got 12 kills (no multi kills involved) and the killing frenzy. And, today got 10 kills with the shot gun, stuffed two shots with the killing frenzy. In the past I’ve done the same with just melee, iCanon, AR (all frenzies) and, sniper and DMR (running riots). I stuffed the Rocket Launcher only getting 8 kills but still got the frenzy with a couple of AR kills.

It breaks the boredom sometimes but, I do miss the spree specific medals for weapons. A lot more weapons to tackle though.

> CSR is being released on Monday. Anyone can earn the SR-130 with enough time in. But can you EARN a level 50 in Halo 4? That’s a thousand times more worth playing for to me than some level handed out to everyone who puts in the time.

Why would I care about getting a 50 in a playlist? It doesn’t actually do anything. At least when it was 3,it actually affected your ranked and you had to try to get a 50 to be a General. Now, it’s just like whatever.

Im in the exact same situation. I just got off after 1 game because it was roughly 2000 ppl playing the game (every single playlist included) Last night there wasnt a single person in the world playing the majestic playlist,what a waste it kind of made me sad to see halo bleeding so badly after only 6 months. Then to make matters worse i watched the upcoming black ops 2 DLC video and was impressed by the amount of goodies they recieve and i dont care for COD at all,ive been a halo fan since CE.ALL my friends stopped playing 2-3 weeks after launch.Finding ppl to play on XBL(who have brains is hopeless nowadays) RIP HALO we had some good times…

> > > > I play the game because it’s fun to me. I really don’t care if I’m a SR130 or SR20, if you have friends to play with, the game is fun.
> > >
> > > Most of my friends left because Halo 4 wasn’t fun.
> >
> > I find reading the forums more fun than Halo 4
>
> lol cuz its true

That would only be true if you could mentally block out the endless ‘Dear 343…’ threads and duplicate threads claiming to give new original insight into why the game is broken.