What do I do about these guys?

If I’m not good at a video-game, my friends say I suck and that I need to invest more time into playing. If I’m good at a video-game, my friends say that I have no life. Can’t I just play my video-games for fun in peace?

So I’m 15-years-old and three of my “friends” have gotten mad at me because I’m already at SR 130.

Three Friends: *anger, yelling, all ticked off. SR 130 doesn’t make you a better player, you suck at Halo and you don’t have a life. You think you’re so good at Halo.

Me: I’m only SR 130 because I XP farmed on Spartan Ops with my Double XP, and yes I did play a lot, but that is because I enjoy this game. I never said I was a good playe—

Three Friends: *interrupts. You have no life.

Me: Why? Because I’m SR 130?

Three Friends: Yes and because you used Double XP.

Me: Who cares if I use Double XP? I just wanted to get the cool armor faster, that’s all!

Three Friends: *looks up K/D, other stats, and last time played. I see you have a positive K/D but you still suck at this game. And look, the last time you played was yesterday.

Me: I didn’t play yesterday, I just turned on my Xbox and downloaded the second half of Spartan Ops. Jeez.

Friend 1: Look at my K/D. 1.8. Better than yours.

Me: You are a better Halo player than me, you started playing Halo earlier than me too. But you are stupid for caring about K/D so much and never playing the game purely for enjoyment. Your K/D is significantly higher than mine because you never play Flood or any such playlist that will bring your K/D down. You just go for kills in Oddball all the time.

Friend 1: Last time we played Oddball together, I scored a lot more points than you.

Me: Yeah, you did. But all you did was go for kills which gives more points than holding the Oddball. I held the Oddball for over a quarter of the match and got less points than you. If I went exclusively for kills, your point total would still probably be a bit higher. But it wouldn’t be very different from mine.

Friend 2: *interrupts and says “I could easily beat you up you know”.

Me: Are you kidding?

Friend 2: *shakes head and challenges me to a 1V1

Me: Dude, last time you challenged me you got 3 kills and ended the game when there was still 8 minutes left.

They think that they’re so MLG. In fact, 2 of them used to have MLG Gamer Profile Pics.

Get new friends.

> Get new friends.

Yes, I should. Honestly people like these are what pollutes the world and Halo community.

> Get better friends.

This

Your friends sound like they suck (at being friends). Do what you want. If they are so judgmental of you, ditch them or talk it out with them.

> If I’m not good at a video-game, my friends say I suck and that I need to invest more time into playing. If I’m good at a video-game, my friends say that I have no life. Can’t I just play my video-games for fun in peace?
>
> So I’m 15-years-old and three of my “friends” have gotten mad at me because I’m already at SR 130.
>
> Three Friends: *anger, yelling, all ticked off. SR 130 doesn’t make you a better player, you suck at Halo and you don’t have a life. You think you’re so good at Halo.
>
> Me: I’m only SR 130 because I XP farmed on Spartan Ops with my Double XP, and yes I did play a lot, but that is because I enjoy this game. I never said I was a good playe—
>
> Three Friends: *interrupts. You have no life.
>
> Me: Why? Because I’m SR 130?
>
> Three Friends: Yes and because you used Double XP.
>
> Me: Who cares if I use Double XP? I just wanted to get the cool armor faster, that’s all!
>
> Three Friends: *looks up K/D, other stats, and last time played. I see you have a positive K/D but you still suck at this game. And look, the last time you played was yesterday.
>
> Me: I didn’t play yesterday, I just turned on my Xbox and downloaded the second half of Spartan Ops. Jeez.
>
> Friend 1: Look at my K/D. 1.8. Better than yours.
>
> Me: You are a better Halo player than me, you started playing Halo earlier than me too. But you are stupid for caring about K/D so much and never playing the game purely for enjoyment. Your K/D is significantly higher than mine because you never play Flood or any such playlist that will bring your K/D down. You just go for kills in Oddball all the time.
>
> Friend 1: Last time we played Oddball together, I scored a lot more points than you.
>
> Me: Yeah, you did. But all you did was go for kills which gives more points than holding the Oddball. I held the Oddball for over a quarter of the match and got less points than you. If I went exclusively for kills, your point total would still probably be a bit higher. But it wouldn’t be very different from mine.
>
> Friend 2: *interrupts and says “I could easily beat you up you know”.
>
> Me: Are you kidding?
>
> Friend 2: *shakes head and challenges me to a 1V1
>
> Me: Dude, last time you challenged me you got 3 kills and ended the game when there was still 8 minutes left.
>
> They think that they’re so MLG. In fact, 2 of them used to have MLG Gamer Profile Pics.

I would say kick them in their Men’s Departments.

So I’m at SR 130 - should I make a specialized 1V1 Loadout with all the nice Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades or should I just play the dude in a 1V1 Slayer Pro match?

> So I’m at SR 130 - should I make a specialized 1V1 Loadout with all the nice Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades or should I just play the dude in a 1V1 Slayer Pro match?

I’d say playing without support or tactical packages AND beating him will give you respect. In the chance of denial, Halo wasn’t made with packages in the first place. You are the pro. If you just want to troll him, DMR and Boltshots with an Active Camo AA will do it. But he’s just going to pick on you more. Just a suggestion.
My personal opinion on the thread? You need respect. You play the game for fun, and who cares if you farmed XP a few times. You learned from this I’m sure. The one who plays with no regrets, and remembers it’s just a game, is the pro in the world of Halo.

Dont let your friends words be too cutting. As long as you are having a good time, that young spartan is the only thing that matters.

Thanks for all the kind words, friends. I thought all kindness had left these forums.

So these guys have played ever since Halo 3, playing Matchmaking everyday. I played Halo CE with my uncle and made a lot of good memories but never actually owned an Xbox or Halo until Winter 2010 (Reach was my first Halo game I owned).

If I troll the guy, I’ll just have a good time. But it will anger him.

If I win without AA’s, or Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades, he’ll just say I put too much time into Halo. Either way I’ll lose, but I guess I still want to win that 1V1.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Tell you what: Pick his 360 up, and smack him upside the head with it. If he is using YOUR 360, politely tell him to -Yoink- -Yoink- -Yoink- himself with a rusty -Yoink-

Seriously, you consider them friends. people who are like that need to be taken off friends list and need to have communications blocked.

If these guys are treating you like this, than they arent really your friends.

You have some -Yoink- friends. :confused: I’m one of the types who plays for stats because that’s my enjoyment (as just playing is yours).

OP, just do what you do. Find some other people to play with (you can check the Recruiting section if you need help) and enjoy Halo 4 the way YOU want to enjoy it. Just know there isn’t anything wrong with what you’ve done, some people are just easily butthurt.

First off I agree with you that rank, k/d, achievements, whatever is no way to measure a game.

Second I think that if I had people on my friends list like that I would promptly inform them that I am just playing the game for fun and not to take it too seriously.

If it continued I would remove them from my friends list. No one needs drama in their lives, everyone has way too much to deal with on their own.

And if you want to play halo for the heck of it Hit me up

SunTzu Ninja

> Tell you what: Pick his 360 up, and smack him upside the head with it. If he is using YOUR 360, politely tell him to -Yoink- -Yoink- -Yoink- himself with a rusty -Yoink-

As much as I would like to do that, it won’t accomplish anything and it will just get me in trouble. It doesn’t make a better person either, you can’t just destroy other people’s belongings lol.

If you’re a 130 then you probably do play too much. I’m at like SR115 or something like that and I play way more than what most would consider a healthy amount.

Yeah, I do need to make a couple of friends. My school doesn’t have the brightest people, though it’s ranked one of the top five academic schools in the province (I’m Canadian).

I will most likely delete them from my Xbox Live friends list very soon and block communications. But then they’ll just come up with more stuff to say at school aha.

Why do you even call them friends? Sounds like you need to find other people to play with.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_topics8_Recruiting.aspx

I’ve met a couple of nice people there.

> Yeah, I do need to make a couple of friends. My school doesn’t have the brightest people, though it’s ranked one of the top five academic schools in the province (I’m Canadian).
>
> I will most likely delete them from my Xbox Live friends list very soon and block communications. But then they’ll just come up with more stuff to say at school aha.

They can say what they want, they won’t be sending you hate messages over XBL anymore. Try to find friends though Waypoint. Every friend on XBL I found through Waypoint is usually really nice. Every time I tried outside of Waypoint…it didn’t end well.

Haha I hate people like that… They’re only saying that because they are jealous that you’re SR-130.