What disc are we getting? (Collector's Edition)

Though there was a victory for us in terms of getting 343 and Microsoft to acknowledge our wants and needs for a physical disc and them giving us an option to get one, another issue has presented itself that needs confirmation and more information from 343.

What version of the disc will we be receiving when we trade in our digital codes? Will it be the standard disc or the Limited Edition disc? I don’t think I need to explain why getting the standard edition disc would be problematic or viewed negatively from a collector standpoint.

This may seem nitpicky to some people but in reality it’s really not, if anyone can get more information on this please do, this is something very important that needs to be known.

I really hope we end up getting the LE disc rather than the standard one, because not only did we pre-order the Collectors edition, in which we should have all the collectibles that are in the lower versions, i.e the LE disc, but we’ve also spend a fair bit of money on the LCE, so in a way we should be entitled to the LE disc, as it itself is a collectible!

If only 343 had put both a physical and digital copy of the LCE on sale, then all this could have been averted…

We don’t know yet. Relatively no information has been released about the situation, so just try to be patient and await the information to come out.

I think it’s reasonable to assume that if the exchange is allowed to take place at the retailer, you’d only get the standard edition disc.
If they simply opened up a LE game packaging just for the disc on every single LCE exchange, they would be left with countless packages of unsellable merchandise left over from each and every LE that was opened.

> 2661949065475413;4:
> I think it’s reasonable to assume that if the exchange is allowed to take place at the retailer, you’d only get the standard edition disc.
> If they simply opened up a LE game packaging just for the disc on every single LCE exchange, they would be left with countless packages of unsellable merchandise left over from each and every LE that was opened.

I’m pretty sure this is going to be a ‘take it home, enter the digital code on X website which we’ll void and then mail you a disc’ kind of scenario, not a direct exchange with a retailer. So if that is the case there shouldn’t be a problem sending us the Limited Edition disc.

> 2535410536498738;5:
> > 2661949065475413;4:
> > I think it’s reasonable to assume that if the exchange is allowed to take place at the retailer, you’d only get the standard edition disc.
> > If they simply opened up a LE game packaging just for the disc on every single LCE exchange, they would be left with countless packages of unsellable merchandise left over from each and every LE that was opened.
>
>
> I’m pretty sure this is going to be a ‘take it home, enter the digital code on X website which we’ll void and then mail you a disc’ kind of scenario, not a direct exchange with a retailer. So if that is the case there shouldn’t be a problem sending us the Limited Edition disc.

Yea, I know, that’s my idea you just quoted. But some people seem hellbent that they have to be able to pick it up in stores.

> 2661949065475413;6:
> > 2535410536498738;5:
> > > 2661949065475413;4:
> > > I think it’s reasonable to assume that if the exchange is allowed to take place at the retailer, you’d only get the standard edition disc.
> > > If they simply opened up a LE game packaging just for the disc on every single LCE exchange, they would be left with countless packages of unsellable merchandise left over from each and every LE that was opened.
> >
> >
> > I’m pretty sure this is going to be a ‘take it home, enter the digital code on X website which we’ll void and then mail you a disc’ kind of scenario, not a direct exchange with a retailer. So if that is the case there shouldn’t be a problem sending us the Limited Edition disc.
>
>
> Yea, I know, that’s my idea you just quoted. But some people seem hellbent that they have to be able to pick it up in stores.

If we ending up having to receive the disc in the post I wouldn’t mind it too much, but my recent experiences the past year with the postal services in the UK have been horrible to say the least, so i’m my situation I’d rather pic it up in person, just to make sure.

> 2533274816033675;7:
> > 2661949065475413;6:
> > > 2535410536498738;5:
> > > > 2661949065475413;4:
> > > > I think it’s reasonable to assume that if the exchange is allowed to take place at the retailer, you’d only get the standard edition disc.
> > > > If they simply opened up a LE game packaging just for the disc on every single LCE exchange, they would be left with countless packages of unsellable merchandise left over from each and every LE that was opened.
> > >
> > >
> > > I’m pretty sure this is going to be a ‘take it home, enter the digital code on X website which we’ll void and then mail you a disc’ kind of scenario, not a direct exchange with a retailer. So if that is the case there shouldn’t be a problem sending us the Limited Edition disc.
> >
> >
> > Yea, I know, that’s my idea you just quoted. But some people seem hellbent that they have to be able to pick it up in stores.
>
>
> If we ending up having to receive the disc in the post I wouldn’t mind it too much, but my recent experiences the past year with the postal services in the UK have been horrible to say the least, so i’m my situation I’d rather pic it up in person, just to make sure.

I believe most people said they wouldn’t mind waiting to get an actual disc as opposed go digital for those who wanted it. At least it ships a weak early though so you can get a head start on setting up the exchange.

It’s probably too early to tell until we actually learn how the exchange works. If it’s through local retailers (doubtful), they would probably give you the standard edition. The more likely option, some sort of mail-return deal directly with Microsoft, you may have a better chance of getting the limited disc.

Has there been any clarification on this yet?

> 2535410536498738;10:
> Has there been any clarification on this yet?

No. There has been no additional clarification from two days ago which was on a Saturday. The weekend is typically a slow time for news to roll out. 343i clearly stated we would be hearing about the subject again closer to launch.

> We’ll get into details as we get closer to launch, and we’d like to once again thank you for the feedback.
> Source.

So I know you’re eager for answers, but you will need to be patient on this one.

> 2533274803493024;11:
> > 2535410536498738;10:
> > Has there been any clarification on this yet?
>
>
> No. There has been no additional clarification from two days ago which was on a Saturday. The weekend is typically a slow time for news to roll out. 343i clearly stated we would be hearing about the subject again closer to launch.
>
>
> > We’ll get into details as we get closer to launch, and we’d like to once again thank you for the feedback.
> > Source.
>
>
> So I know you’re eager for answers, but you will need to be patient on this one.

Still looking for answers on this, I think I’ve been patient enough, has anyone heard anything?

Anything guys, the clock is kind of ticking here?

A few days ago I asked a Gamestop manager If they Would Change my code for a physical copy. To my surprise this retailer Had no Clue That this was happening and As Far as they know, they told me they couldnt Give Me a physical copy for my Digital code which I Am Very Very Very dissapointed. Because Supposedly This isssue with the digital code and physical has been resolved, yet I get denied the physical copy?

I really hope they announce something about this soon, as depending on how they do it, I may not be able to do the trade or download due to being at uni. Has anyone asked them about more information recently?

I’m just about to cancel the LCE unless they start getting specific about all of this and soon, they’ve been way too quiet.