What director would you want for a movie?

For the longest time now, we’ve talked about a movie being made, even got excited when Peter Jackson was producing and Neil Blomkamp was directing. However, for the time being, I don’t really trust many directors in the industry to make a Halo movie right. Peter Jackson really dropped the ball on The Hobbit, and Blomkamp made Elysium and Chappie. Some would point out Joss Whedon or JJ Abrams would be good choices. I do think they’re great directors (The Force Awakens looks amazing) but I think Halo is not the tone for them. For the time being, until a competent director can prove to be the right match, I think there should be a serious hold on the idea of making a movie, do you agree?

Spielberg xD

No thanks on Spielberg, he still is responsible for movies like “Indiana Jones 4” and “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” as well as producing Transformers.

Give me Chris Nolan.

If I can’t have him, then Zack Snyder (imagine those stylized action sequences and the dark take on Chief).

If I can’t have him, then George Miller. He handled Mad Max : Fury Road so well, especially featuring a character without many lines like Chief, and so many practical effects.

Wes Anderson, because screw it. I want some wacky cinematography, vibrant colouring and and off the beaten path plot.

I still think Peter Jackson is a good fit in terms of scale.

> 2603643534586909;5:
> I still think Peter Jackson is a good fit in terms of scale.

But not in terms of faithfulness to the source material or a believable story. Hobbit trilogy, anyone?

I think for Halo, I’d like to see Christopher Nolan or Doug Liman take the director’s chair. Nolan has proved his ability to do sci-fi with Interstellar, and has a good track record of excellently made films.
As for Liman, Edge of Tomorrow was so excellent that he would easily be a good choice for Halo.

> 2533275034118914;6:
> > 2603643534586909;5:
> > I still think Peter Jackson is a good fit in terms of scale.
>
>
> But not in terms of faithfulness to the source material or a believable story. Hobbit trilogy, anyone?
>
> I think for Halo, I’d like to see Christopher Nolan or Doug Liman take the director’s chair. Nolan has proved his ability to do sci-fi with Interstellar, and has a good track record of excellently made films.
> As for Liman, Edge of Tomorrow was so excellent that he would easily be a good choice for Halo.

I agree, that’s why I pointed the “scale” aspect for Jackson. It could just be a matter of making sure we hire WETA regardless of who is directing. I definitely like Nolan too, could be very interesting and Zimmer needs to come with him for the score.

And I have to admit, I’m glad Blomkamp didn’t get to make his Halo movie after seeing those hideous prototype Elite and Prophet props. He clearly had no intention of following the original lore on even a visual basis.
Besides, we would’ve gotten a painfully obvious allegory plot packed full of extreme violence, grimy imagery, and graffiti. Lots and lots of grafitti and concrete.

> 2533275034118914;8:
> And I have to admit, I’m glad Blomkamp didn’t get to make his Halo movie after seeing those hideous prototype Elite and Prophet props. He clearly had no intention of following the original lore on even a visual basis.
> Besides, we would’ve gotten a painfully obvious allegory plot packed full of extreme violence, grimy imagery, and graffiti. Lots and lots of grafitti and concrete.

Haha. Great assessment.

Neil Blockamp.
Did you guys not see what he did with the HALO 3 landfall Trailer???

I don’t trust any of them with Halo.

Kevin Grace and/or Frank O’Conner should do it or it shouldn’t happen.

At least a 343I employee that loves the universe (Ok that’s all of them)

But not somebody from the Movie business.

Peter Berg

> 2533274883030212;10:
> Neil Blockamp.
> Did you guys not see what he did with the HALO 3 landfall Trailer???

Yes, but did you the conceptual models he did for the life size elite? He or his designers took too much creative freedom, it did not look good.

The guys who did the Penguins of Madagascar. ;

Simon J. Smith and Eric Darnell :smiley:

Clint Eastwood. The best bad-Yoink- today

Spielberg = no. Hasn’t made a good movie in 30 years.
Blomkamp = no. Based on District 9, yes. Based on the two movies since, definitely not.
JJAbrams = no. He’s already got Star Trek and Star Wars - that’s enough.
Doug Liman = very strong maybe.
David Twohy = maybe.
Joss Whedon = no. Love the guy, will always love Buffy. Love Avengers. But not right for Halo.
Chris Nolan = maybe.
Joe Johnston = ?
Guy Ritchie = ?
Wes Ball = ?
Kevin MacDonald = ?
Marc Forster = strong contender.
Ridley Scott = maybe.
The Hughes Bros. = very strong maybe.
The Wachowskis = everyone but me thinks they tanked after Matrix, so I say YES, everyone else will say NO.
Timur Bekmambetov = maybe.

If michael bay directed a halo movie…

Everybody would be armed with rocket launchers and things that would go boom

Hot babe spartans

Sgt. Johnson’s body would explode as soon as he dies

More explosions

Suicide grunts explosions would be intensified ten fold

Even more explosions

Dual wielding sniper rifles that shoots explosive rounds

Explosions

Did i mention that there would be explosions?

> 2533274875778143;17:
> If michael bay directed a halo movie…
>
> Everybody would be armed with rocket launchers and things that would go boom
>
> Hot babe spartans
>
> Sgt. Johnson’s body would explode as soon as he dies
>
> More explosions
>
> Suicide grunts explosions would be intensified ten fold
>
> Even more explosions
>
> Dual wielding sniper rifles that shoots explosive rounds
>
> Explosions
>
> Did i mention that there would be explosions?

Accurate assessment.

I’d go with Zach Snyder. The man can stick pretty closely to the source material as was shown with Watchmen.

> 2533274812652989;19:
> I’d go with Zach Snyder. The man can stick pretty closely to the source material as was shown with Watchmen.

cough
Man of Steel
cough