What did you do to Grifball?!?!

• No more Spartan Charging
• Instant Ground Pound
• Increased hammer area of effect

Why? Why? WHY?!? You broke the game mode!

First off, the only issue previously was how annoying energy sword charging was. It was not OP, as charging with an energy sword resulted in death pretty much 90% of the time, but the energy sword charger could always take the opponent with him. This is vastly considered a noob tactic used by players who cannot get kills otherwise. The simple solution is to remove 1 hit kill on ENERGY SWORD CHARGING, not remove Spartan Charges all together!

Now you might say that they removed charging to prevent spartan company’s from farming. If that is the case, why would they buff Ground Pound so significantly? People are ground pounding more than they are hammering now! Plus the old ground pound charge was amazing, because it gave you time to react or retreat, especially as the ball carier!

Hammer buff… why would you do this?! Grifball is now accidental team kill central! I’ve been booted from 2 Grifball games, EVER! I’ve been booted from 3 today alone! I’m not the only one, either. In the average Grifball game, I would get the message to boot a player usually a maximum of once per game. Since the update, I’m getting the boot message 3-4 times! Both teams are ending the game empty, or both teams are basically new teams from all the booted players and new people joining.

So the hammer got massively buffed, and the energy sword got majorly nerfed. There really is not a use for the sword anymore. Spartan charging with the energy sword used to be an amazing way to dodge or close a gap (only noobs spartan charge with the sword to get the kill). Now that it doesn’t have that, then why use it? The hammer is the new go to weapon for killing the ball carier now.

Love everything else in the update. Majorly disappointed with the Grifball and 6 man team changes though.

If I were responsible for fixing Grifball, this is how I would do it.

• Bring back Spartan Charging
• Remove the ability to 1HKO with Sword Charging, unless the Charge is from behind.
• Reduce the area of effect of Ground Pound to pre-buff
• Allow us to charge Ground Pound for longer, like previously. But keep the damage potential to be instant charged like it is now post-buff.
• Revert hammer back to old area of effect. Buff is literally breaking the game mode.

Sorry but this is meant to mirror the Grifball settings created by the GrifballHub. This will most likely not be changing.

> 2533274883849234;2:
> Sorry but this is the Grifball Pro settings created by the GrifballHub. This will most likely not be changing.

That’s an absolute shame…

Looks like I won’t be playing my absolute favorite game mode anymore.

• No more Spartan Charging

Oh man if only all of Halo 5 was like that.

You mean they fixed griffball and removed what made me not play it?

> 2533274923562209;5:
> You mean they fixed griffball and removed what made me not play it?

So you didn’t play Grifball, because it wasn’t team kill central? I invite you to give it a try since post-update. You will go mad from how many times you get team killed now. Also brace yourself to see ground pound, everywhere. Ground pound is more effective in many areas than the hammer now, even with the hammer aoe buff. I finished a game with 37 ground pounds today… Thats not right.

> 2533275000891502;6:
> > 2533274923562209;5:
> > You mean they fixed griffball and removed what made me not play it?
>
> So you didn’t play Grifball, because it wasn’t team kill central? I invite you to give it a try since post-update. You will go mad from how many times you get team killed now. Also brace yourself to see ground pound, everywhere. Ground pound is more effective in many areas than the hammer now, even with the hammer aoe buff. I finished a game with 37 ground pounds today… Thats not right.

My issue was the addition of abilities in general and the hammers broken physics. So if the hammer is better, and shoulder charge is gone along with thrusters then I’m cool with a GP being the only annoyance.

team killing has never in my griffball career been an issue because it’s part of the game. Intentional or not (although I can easily forgive accidental which can and do happen multiple times).

Sorry but NO. It plays so much better… like it should have from the start. I only played one game but absolutely loved it.
Not once did I get sworded from outside my radar. The new distance on the hammer is perfect, the sword now has its correct place as the defensive weapon against the ball carrier. NO Spartan charge really changes how the game plays, I am good with the slide still being in there. Now it really feels like a proper evolution from previous games rather than some poorly balanced game mode!

Great job 343, now its time to get my team back together!

dk wat ur talking about its hell of alot better

Ya on top of everything else you allow your own teammates to kick you from the game due to accidental DEATH. WTF!!! I mean seriously what the hell is that when your primary weapon is the gravity hammer. Either do away with friendly kills or better yet do away with this matchmaking rules in play with grifball. It happens a lot that you evidently kill your fellow team Spartan because s/he is next to the enemy. But yet you can get kicked by the same fellow Spartan? Come on. I’m a major halo fan but halo 5 is turning me away. I bought the Xbox one s just so I could continue the halo series. I’m beginning to regret this. One of my favorite multiplayer games is going right down the toilet. Get it together 343 and fix this dabockle. You already completely screwed campaign mode by having lock in 12 of 15 missions… do you really want Halo 5 going down as the worst Halo game? Please fix things that we bring to your attention. After all we are the fans, we buy the games, we keep you employed.

I miss the classic Grifball (Halo 3 and Reach) :’(

> 2535443291173526;10:
> Ya on top of everything else you allow your own teammates to kick you from the game due to accidental DEATH. WTF!!! I mean seriously what the hell is that when your primary weapon is the gravity hammer. Either do away with friendly kills or better yet do away with this matchmaking rules in play with grifball. It happens a lot that you evidently kill your fellow team Spartan because s/he is next to the enemy. But yet you can get kicked by the same fellow Spartan? Come on. I’m a major halo fan but halo 5 is turning me away. I bought the Xbox one s just so I could continue the halo series. I’m beginning to regret this. One of my favorite multiplayer games is going right down the toilet. Get it together 343 and fix this dabockle. You already completely screwed campaign mode by having lock in 12 of 15 missions… do you really want Halo 5 going down as the worst Halo game? Please fix things that we bring to your attention. After all we are the fans, we buy the games, we keep you employed.

Please do not revive old topics.

> 2535443291173526;10:
> Ya on top of everything else you allow your own teammates to kick you from the game due to accidental DEATH. WTF?!?! I mean seriously what the hell is that when your primary weapon is the gravity hammer.

Or you could just not kill your teammates?

Please don’t revive old threads.