What did Voltaire say about this?

Preface: This is an expanded version of a post I made on an existing thread.

Let me start by saying that I don’t care an iota about multiplayer (beyond unlocking armor for use in solo games). I can’t quite empathize with the countless buyers who are upset that multiplayer is broken since I have no emotional investment in MP. However, I certainly can sympathize with them. Considering that the vast majority of bugs have been relegated to matchmaking and custom games, those who bought the Collection for the sole purpose of playing online have every right to post legitimate criticism. I felt much the same way about Mass Effect 3’s character import disaster; having to wait months to play a game I’d shelled out $70 for (the N7 Collector’s Edition, no less) was a most unpleasant ordeal.

However, that’s by no means an excuse for the countless hate threads that have popped up. It seems that for every level-headed, well-reasoned complaint there are a dozen other forum-goers simply riding the 343i-bashing bandwagon, incapable of contributing anything but acrimony. Misery loves company, I guess.

As for my own experience, I’ve had a blast in the campaigns. The only glitch I’ve found is H2A Terminal 6’s refusal to unlock, though that isn’t sufficient to sully my opinion of the game. Those of us who have wound up with (more-or-less) stable playthroughs should be grateful. However, putting down those who are merely voicing their own valid concerns should knock it off; blindly apologetic white knights are hardly better than the toxic “Halo is dead” crowd.

Long story short, we all care about different aspects of Halo. Flaming someone for being displeased with the MCC is just as bad as belittling another for defending it. Keep it classy.

> 2533274900126904;1:
> Long story short, we all care about different aspects of Halo. Flaming someone for being displeased with the MCC is just as bad as belittling another for defending it. Keep it classy.

If only this was a forum rule…

> 2533274900126904;1:
> Preface: This is an expanded version of a post I made on an existing thread.
>
> Let me start by saying that I don’t care an iota about multiplayer (beyond unlocking armor for use in solo games). I can’t quite empathize with the countless buyers who are upset that multiplayer is broken since I have no emotional investment in MP. However, I certainly can sympathize with them. Considering that the vast majority of bugs have been relegated to matchmaking and custom games, those who bought the Collection for the sole purpose of playing online have every right to post legitimate criticism. I felt much the same way about Mass Effect 3’s character import disaster; having to wait months to play a game I’d shelled out $70 for (the N7 Collector’s Edition, no less) was a most unpleasant ordeal.
>
> However, that’s by no means an excuse for the countless hate threads that have popped up. It seems that for every level-headed, well-reasoned complaint there are a dozen other forum-goers simply riding the 343i-bashing bandwagon, incapable of contributing anything but acrimony. Misery loves company, I guess.
>
> As for my own experience, I’ve had a blast in the campaigns. The only glitch I’ve found is H2A Terminal 6’s refusal to unlock, though that isn’t sufficient to sully my opinion of the game. Those of us who have wound up with (more-or-less) stable playthroughs should be grateful. However, putting down those who are merely voicing their own valid concerns should knock it off; blindly apologetic white knights are hardly better than the toxic “Halo is dead” crowd.
>
> Long story short, we all care about different aspects of Halo. Flaming someone for being displeased with the MCC is just as bad as belittling another for defending it. Keep it classy.

You don’t need to be a fan of MP in order to empathize.
I don’t play campaign, but if it didn’t work (and it doesn’t), I’d still be able to empathize because I know what it feels like to be let down by something you’ve paid for.