What counts as a true Halo fan?

I just need to clear this for my friend who is trying to get into the Halo franchise.

In my opinion…

-A fan is somebody who likes to interact and dedicate themselves to the community in hand in a way they feel comfortable.

-You can ‘become’ a fan today, so long as you know the basic stuff about the franchise, you’re a fan in my mind.

-You have your own opinion on the game, don’t go with the crowd, your mind is the ultimate weapon.

-If you dislike a game in the series because of ‘X’ take in mind ‘Y’ might like that game for the reason you hate it.

-Take some time to study the story, you don’t have to learn everything, so long as you know the basic story from CE to 3, you’re fine with me.

-Rank is only as important as you want it to be.

-Disagree with this post if you don’t agree, you have a right to.

Conclusion, at the end of the day, we are all fans of the series in our own respects.

Easy, you will try your hardest to stick with the franchise although not as an impulsive buyer.
That is all I need.
You should be a fan of the entire game because you like the entire game, not because you only like this one mode.

A Halo fan is a Halo fan.

That’s about as simply as one can put it.

Generalization incoming:

[/li]- A true Halo fan will like and support all of the games and lore no matter what. He may have favorites and dislikes, but he likes them all for one reason or another.

• A true Halo fan will only like and support a game that meets his criteria of a Halo game that is truly Halo. For most people, this means that the gameplay is similar or equal to that of the original trilogy.

My friend just wanted me to post my opinion on what a Halo fan could/should meet as a criteria.

> My friend just wanted me to post my opinion on what a Halo fan could/should meet as a criteria.

And there is nothing wrong with you doing so.

I think you basically have to feel like a fan of something in order to be a fan.

I wouldn’t make any special requirements. “You like something and want to stick with it” is as simple as I can put it next to “You feel like a fan”

> Generalization incoming:
>
> [/li]1. A true Halo fan will like and support all of the games and lore no matter what. He may have favorites and dislikes, but he likes them all for one reason or another.
>
> 1. A true Halo fan will only like and support a game that meets his criteria of a Halo game that is truly Halo. For most people, this means that the gameplay is similar or equal to that of the original trilogy.
[/quote]
It becomes an issue when these two sides start fighting each other. They both try to put the other side down and make themselves feel like they are worth more.
>
> The first group of people are bashed if they like anything past the Original Trilogy. They get called sheep and are compared to little kids not knowing what they want. It is up to the “big boys” to tell them what they like. If they disagree with anything than they are all stupid noobs and should just go play CoD instead.
>
> The second group is always stereotyped as MLG Tryhards. They are not allowed to disagree with any of the new features in games. Instead of being called stupid noobs, these people are always told to adapt. They are said to be living in the past.
>
> We are unable to compromise. It is one way or the other and no in between. I personally find it toxic and disgusting.

> A Halo fan is a Halo fan.
>
> That’s about as simply as one can put it.

Simply this. If you enjoy Halo, you’re a fan. Not anything else to it.

A fan is someone who likes a certain thing and tries to keep up with information about it.

To me? Nothing.

I dislike the whole “True Halo fan” because people use it as some kind of badge of honor so that they can feel that their opinions are more valid.

As far as I’m concerned, you like Halo? You’re a Halo fan. :stuck_out_tongue:

“true X fan” always makes me laugh.
You are a fan if you are, there is no “true” level unlocked.

If you like it and follow it, you are a fan. That’s it.

There is no such thing as a “true fan” for anything. I hate when people say stuff like this because it is just a way to make them feel like somehow they are better than you. Instead of seperating us let’s just be fans together. Sure I might like something more than you and be able to quote episodes or cut scenes. Maybe you can’t do that but you have read the books. Whatever we are all fans in our own ways and I say don’t even get into the discussion of true fan because there is never a winner.

> There is no such thing as a “true fan” for anything. I hate when people say stuff like this because it is just a way to make them feel like somehow they are better than you. Instead of seperating us let’s just be fans together. Sure I might like something more than you and be able to quote episodes or cut scenes. Maybe you can’t do that but you have read the books. Whatever we are all fans in our own ways and I say don’t even get into the discussion of true fan because there is never a winner.

Read the whole post please…

> Conclusion, at the end of the day, we are all fans of the series in our own respects.

> A Halo fan is a Halo fan.
>
> That’s about as simply as one can put it.

I third this.

A True Halo Fan is someone who plays Halo and enjoys the games. There doesn’t need to be any discrimination. Everyone on this website has something in common with each other and that fact is we came here out of our love of Halo. Support community members new and old. Building a big community of diverse members ensures that we Halo fans get a better game in the end.

its simple if you think you are a halo fan you are, there is no false or true only what you think

A Fan of halo is someone who will never give up on the franchise, a true fan isn’t someone who collects every bit of merchandise and acts like a poser.
No a true fan is someone who goes out there and fights, enjoys, gets their butt kicked and stands back up again.
Fans go out there with gusto and create new experiences.
Whether it be through the joy of winning, the attention and happiness of creating photos, maps, fan-fic, machinimas or making new friends.
When you truly love something you’ll experience moments of happiness, anger, pleasure, hate and laughter just like the same way you feel to the ones you care about.
Either way these experiences create memories that can’t be removed and can create new ideas for the future.
People may treat your ideas of halo as stupid and disregard them but a true fan wouldn’t care, to every fan halo is part of their own universe where their own dreams and hopes can be envisioned as a reality.
Fans don’t get distracted on the what ifs, should ofs and if onlys the one thing they choose themselves is the truth of their own universe.
They’ll force a path to make their dreams come true and leave a path for others to follow because that’s the way bungie did things, that is the way 343 do things, that is the way we do things and that is our hope… The hope that’ll create the heavens!!!

I need to stop watching tengen toppa gurren lagann xD

Isn’t this a true halo, fan?
http://www.ceilingfan.com/Modern-Fan-Halo-Ceiling-Fan-p/MFHAL-NO.htm
Apparently it’s a modern fan.

Someone who considers himself a halo fan is a halo fan I guess.

> Isn’t this a true halo, fan?
> http://www.ceilingfan.com/Modern-Fan-Halo-Ceiling-Fan-p/MFHAL-NO.htm
> Apparently it’s a modern fan.
>
> Someone who considers himself a halo fan is a halo fan I guess.

Ba dum tsshh