What could have kept players hooked on Halo 5?

What are some of the things that you think would have kept veteran players to keep playing the gaming series they all grew up to love? I mean I feel that there are far more less people into halo nowadays because they are too lazy to learn to become better.

By making the games how they used to be, like Halo 1,2 and 3…they were all different yet they shared so much, this is why they had a consistent fan base.

What do you mean? I’m still hooked. But I understand what you’re trying to say…

The game could have been shipped complete. More playlists, more content. Same stuff people have been complaining about… If all that was in at launch, I think it would have kept more that just the veteran players.

good playlists…

I consider myself a veteran. The series is old enough that it has lost some fans just due to time and life priorities changing. I personally believe that Halo Reach and Halo 4 caused the series to lose a certain number of players as well.

PvE Warzone above all, because Halo would be much more enjoyable with a full house rather than just have the strictly PvP-only endgame that we have now.

I agree to an extent that Halo came out back when most of us were teenagers and had time to play. Now we are grown up with more responsibilities, and less time to play. I also think Halo Reach and Halo 4 turned alot of people off of Halo. As far as Halo 5 is concerned they need more game types and maps for sure. No matter how good a game gets, if its the same maps and game type over and over again people will get bored with it.

*A campaign that makes sence/isn’t terrible
*A good UI
*Many playlists e.g more than 5…
*Social playlists
*split screen
*more in depth armour customisation + game play customisable unlocks as oposed to request system

Hmm thinking about it, if 343 haden’t butchered almost every element to the game, if they haden’t made almost every element of the game worse than previous halo titles then people would be sticking around, I know I still would be.
Put halo 5 next to halo 3,reach and 4 and it is found seriously wanting
All you can say is the game play in halo 5 is a step up, in some respects

‘improve 1 thing, destroy 99’ - 343

Idk, probably keep the #1 thing that Halo is known for?

A vast variety of options

Also releasing the game with Btb…with 5+ dev made maps

And releasing with forge

Basically what I’m saying is release with a finished game…

> 2560752109561871;5:
> I consider myself a veteran. The series is old enough that it has lost some fans just due to time and life priorities changing. I personally believe that Halo Reach and Halo 4 caused the series to lose a certain number of players as well.

This guy is right…

Halo reach was very different, but I personally enjoyed it, but maybe that was because I was too poor to afford to play Halo 1, 2 and 3 online as a child…but reach was the first Halo that I seriously played online so I guess I got used to it.

Halo 4 on the other hand, I did not like it so much :confused: … Ordnance drops, loadouts, instant respawns and such…it felt like a step too far from the core principles of Halo.

It’s not that they “don’t want to be better”. There is a couple of factors why the old school crowd doesn’t play any more #1 most are grown and don’t game anymore at all. #2 they changed the core mechanics of Halo all together. The old school gamers don’t like the new mechanics because they believe it closes the skill gap. #3 the new maps for H5 are really mediocre. They aren’t near as good as before. They really aren’t putting quality into multiplayer any more. #4. Removal of a lot of playlist. They took away a lot of game types that were quite popular, multiteam, doubles, action sack, Grifball just to name a few.

Us old school gamers remember the golden age of gaming when studios cared and really wanted to make a awesome gaming experience. Now it’s just pump the game out with as little as possible to maximize profits who cares about gaming experience or wowing the gamers.

> 2533274923737396;11:
> > 2560752109561871;5:
> > I consider myself a veteran. The series is old enough that it has lost some fans just due to time and life priorities changing. I personally believe that Halo Reach and Halo 4 caused the series to lose a certain number of players as well.
>
>
> This guy is right…
>
> Halo reach was very different, but I personally enjoyed it, but maybe that was because I was too poor to afford to play Halo 1, 2 and 3 online as a child…but reach was the first Halo that I seriously played online so I guess I got used to it.
>
> Halo 4 on the other hand, I did not like it so much :confused: … Ordnance drops, loadouts, instant respawns and such…it felt like a step too far from the core principles of Halo.

I felt like Reach opened up Halo to the maximum since it was the most versatile and customizable of all the Halo games. It went down hill from there due to lack of content and features.

And yes Reach started the downfall and H4 didn’t help and finished it off… They took away what made Halo great starting with Reach. No more skill based rank and matchmaking. That whack “credit” based rank that was only a reflection of how much you played not how good you were. Then H4 had an even worse easier credit rank system that you reached max rank in like two three months easy.

Not to mention Reach started “armor abilities” and the worse thing in Halo ever… armor lock…smh

Anyone that has spent more then 10 min on these forums could make a list of at least 5 things that were left out, and a list of… (how big is the REQ pool up to these days) at least 100 things unnecessarily put in.

Edit: I just realized that you don’t need to spend any time on these forums to have a good idea about what is missing from the game. Strike that part.

I’m not saying the entire REQ pool is bad, but 75% of it is just packing peanuts compared to the stuff we care about.

By setting players a goal. This is why games like fallout are so successful; they always set players a goal. For example, if you want to enter the glowing sea (where there’s immense amount of radiation) you have to first acquire power amour and find some fusion cores. Doing so elongates what may seem like a small process into a long process requiring many small steps before hand.

But NobleWL, how can this be incorporated into Halo?

Customisation, that’s how. Amour sets, helmets, weapon skins, emblems, assassinations, stances all should be rewarded via an achievement system. Watch this video for an extremely in depth description of this system. For example, air assault could be unlocked by doing 10 ground pounds in one match.

Here’s some ideas:

• Argus Snipe 25 people in one arena match without dying - Noble Get 2 overkills in one arena match with power weapons without dying - Recon Win 10 arena matches in a row and get an overkill in each match - Assassin Assassinate 5 people in one arena match - Mark VI [Gen 1] Complete all master chief missions on legendary all skulls onDoing so gives players something to work for and gives value to the amour pieces. When you see someone wearing an Argus helmet you no longer view that as the lucky req pack winner but the person who is a god at sniping.

-gametypes
-No ADS/smart scope
-no sprint
-no clamber