What Community-made maps should be remade?

OK, I’ve seen a lot of threads about Bungie-made maps that should or shouldn’t be remade, but what about from our community?

Now I know that the majority of them, well, are horrible, but some of them are insanely fun to play on, and deserve a remake (IMO).

Both Reach and Halo 3 community maps are game. I haven’t played a whole lot of H3 community maps, so I can’t make an educated decision.

My current favorite is Treasury. I swear, the maker’s a genius. I also wouldn’t mind seeing Select, Chateau, Affinity, and that one indoor map whose name I can’t remember.

What community maps would you guys want to see in H4?

None: I want Halo 4 to have original maps. I’m sick of seeing all these remakes. I want the maps to be creative.

> None: I want Halo 4 to have original maps. I’m sick of seeing all these remakes. I want the maps to be creative.

Oh, wow, it only took one post.

Can we please drop the “I don’t wanna see any remakes originals only FTW LOL” beef? There is nothing wrong with a few remakes. Like maximum 4 out of 20 total.

343 will probably remake at least one map. This thread is not saying, “remakes only original maps are t3h wurst”. I’m not saying that at all. I’m saying that some of these community maps are really quite good, and that one or maybe more should be remade in Halo 4. I’m sorry if that’s too much to ask. (I’m not sorry.)

a

> > None: I want Halo 4 to have original maps. I’m sick of seeing all these remakes. I want the maps to be creative.
>
> I don’t want any community made maps to be remade, but I would like to see the return of:
> -Guardian
> -Zanzibar
> -Lockout
> -The Pit
> -Valhalla
>
> These are probably my favorite maps, ever. I would be very welcoming of their return. All my favorite CE maps already got remade though. :S

Those are all good maps, and if 343 wants to remake them, sure. But that isn’t what this thread is about. Which community-made maps should be remade? None? I refuse to believe that you don’t like Treasury. How can you not like Treasury?

a

None of them. Every single Community made map I have played on has been horribly built, filled with exploits and just plain boring.

Halo 4 should have original maps. If you disagree with that then I have nothing more to say to you.

A BTB map. Wayont.

> None of them. Every single Community made map I have played on has been horribly built, filled with exploits and just plain boring.
>
> Halo 4 should have original maps. If you disagree with that then I have nothing more to say to you.

Most community made maps Ive played have been fun

If any, Think Twice, Precipice, and Affinity. I really enjoy playing on those maps.

However I am probably biased, because I tested those maps before they hit Matchmaking.

I don’t believe there should be any remakes at all. At most, the remakes should be forge-made, and I’m assuming that forge will be greatly improved this time.

None, while there are still a vault of maps available which have not yet been remade, especially from Halo 2.

I’d like to see the following maps remade for Halo 4:

-Terminal
-Waterworks
-Gemini
-Burial Mounds
-Longshore

> OK, I’ve seen a lot of threads about Bungie-made maps that should or shouldn’t be remade, but what about from our community?
>
> Now I know that the majority of them, well, are horrible, but some of them are insanely fun to play on, and deserve a remake (IMO).
>
> Both Reach and Halo 3 community maps are game. I haven’t played a whole lot of H3 community maps, so I can’t make an educated decision.
>
> My current favorite is Treasury. I swear, the maker’s a genius. I also wouldn’t mind seeing Select, Chateau, Affinity, and that one indoor map whose name I can’t remember.
>
> What community maps would you guys want to see in H4?

Treasury? really? Like, you’re actually being dead serious? You think the developers should waste their time remaking a mediocre forge map like treasury.

And Select? Even Secret Schnitzel, the creator, himself thinks it’s horrible. I sort of liked some of the earlier versions, but it’s still just definetly not worth being remade by the developers.

Pretty much all the maps in matchmaking, except the MLG ones, are pretty bad in one way or the other, to be honest. They are likely to have gotten in simply because the creators had good contacts and had access to the community cartogaphers, who for the record don’t seem to understand map design quite as well as someone in a position like that should.

I don’t think any community made maps should be remade, but if any would, those should be something like Sequence, Arca, Nomad, Oversoul, Cladite, Fracture, Azula, Lux, Taurus, Fired up or Oasis.

How much do you people actually know about power positions, lines of sight, map control, movement options etc.? Do you actually care about the competitive value of the maps? I don’t think the pro circuit shuld have to be full of forge maps like in Reach, just because the disc maps are dreadful and have huge gaping flaws and completely broken flow.

Not trying to sound elitist, I just think you are wrong. Halo needs to go back in a more competitive direction, and not cater as much the purely casuals. The casuals can still have fun on competitive maps, but competitive players don’t have fun playing casual maps. A huge portion of the community is competitive, and I completely understand why the amount of Halo players has shrunk drastically.

Only one I can point out is Wayont. It’s actually balanced. Symmetrical, medium sized, no overabundance of power weapons, and what power weapons are on the map have very little ammo.

Honestly that’s how the whole game should be, but it’s a well made and visually pleasing map nonetheless.

Most, if not all, of the community maps are garbage. None of them deserve to be remade. The only good community maps I have played on are the maps that used to be in Team Classic and those were just remakes of Bungie map.

I do like Wayout, but it doesn’t warrant a remake.

I don’t think that any community maps from Reach should be remade by 343.
If a creator wants to remake their maps, that would be great, but 343 just won’t be able to capture the ideas of the author.
I, personally, remade some of my best maps from Halo 3 into Reach and plan to do the same in Halo 4. It allows me more creative freedom to be able to use (presumably) new tools to improve upon my favorite maps. I keep many screenshots,descriptions, and a YouTube video for reference.

It might be cool for 343 to do a fanmade Halo PC map like Hugeass, though

I gotta say, I really do enjoy Mt. Lam Lam and Wayont, so seeing those maps again would make me happy. They were great since they were big enough for vehicles, but not so big that you absolutely needed to use a vehicle.

I like Enclosed, except jetpack breaks that map. I still think it’s quite balanced for non-jetpack play, though.

> Treasury? really? Like, you’re actually being dead serious? You think the developers should waste their time remaking a mediocre forge map like treasury.
>
> …
>
> How much do you people actually know about power positions, lines of sight, map control, movement options etc.? Do you actually care about the competitive value of the maps? I don’t think the pro circuit shuld have to be full of forge maps like in Reach, just because the disc maps are dreadful and have huge gaping flaws and completely broken flow.
>
> Not trying to sound elitist, I just think you are wrong. Halo needs to go back in a more competitive direction, and not cater as much the purely casuals. The casuals can still have fun on competitive maps, but competitive players don’t have fun playing casual maps. A huge portion of the community is competitive, and I completely understand why the amount of Halo players has shrunk drastically.

OK. I don’t play MLG (I think maybe five games total since I got Reach), but I do think I know a little about what makes a map fun to play on.

Treasury, as I understand it, is mainly about the power position. The map is perfectly symmetrical and triangular: you’ve got Red Spawn, Blue Spawn, and the other corner that is the power position. Running straight across to the power position is dangerous because you are going to come in contact with the enemy first. It’s best (I’ve found) to go down the side and grab the GL and Rockets (if you’re playing with randoms), and then come up to the rear of the power position, ready to fight. The team that holds the power position is most likely to win. The attackers can attack from either side, straight through the middle, or from below.

I thought Treasury flowed pretty well, but apparently not?

By the way, I’m not a casual, and I agree that maps need to be designed from the top down. If Treasury is secretly a mediocre map and not worth remaking, then fine. But I thought it played well.