What casual players think of the forums

“idgaf about the majority of the public calling a game flawed. A game they can’t win will always be flawed”

You have no idea how much this upset me. You can check my W/L ratio in all the Halo games, you can check my K/D granted in Halo 3 I messed around a lot. But this is ridiculous. You can give them all the reasons in the world about how good or bad a game is but their opinion doesn’t even matter. And it’s a shame people aren’t more concerned about the community or future of a game. When people voice their opinions with well constructive criticism and get bashed for it that’s ridiculous. I see why people on these forums get so upset especially from the transition from Halo 3 to Reach to 4.

But that’s what a casual gamer is. Casual. They don’t care as long as it’s fun (subjective) and entertaining. You know the same relationship between a dog and a tennis ball.

That’s horrible to think video games don’t have dedicated list anymore to appeal to this type of gamer especially in Halo 4 I clearly see where the line is needed to seperate the hardcore from the casual. Because the conversation hurt my brain.

I’m a casual gamer and I can disagree and agree with Halo 4 to be able to point out positive and negative aspects.

But when all the hardcore elitists that want a competition create threads and even post in threads that are actually offering positive feedback it isn’t exactly criticism when I see it. It looks more like they’re just trying to grab attention by posting what everyone else is posting.

It’s been going on since Halo 4 came out so I’m pretty sure everyone is fed up of seeing the same -Yoink- every day in gods knows how many threads.

I mean generally when you give criticism don’t you give good and bad aspects? All I see is two sides on the forums. The people that love the game and the ones that bash at it with every opportunity.

IMO I wouldn’t class anyone who actively posts on these forums as a ‘casual’. I see casual players as those who played for a month after launch and never touched the game again (AKA 50% of the population).

> IMO I wouldn’t class anyone who actively posts on these forums as a ‘casual’. I see casual players as those who played for a month after launch and never touched the game again (AKA 50% of the population).

I agree, the ones that play the game for a week or month, or for the cheevos are the players I would tend to class as casual, the players on the forums playing the game regularly I would say are the more die hard fans.

As this has nothing to do with Halo4 and is tipping on the edge of nonconstructive, and even flamebait, things are being lockdown.

If you may next time before ranting, think to one’s self “Self, is this promoting healthy discussion within the section I’m posting?”
If the answer is “No.” or “Probably not.”, please refrain from making that post.

Thank you and keep it clean.