What can't we say here?

I ask this because I’ve gotten two messages saying that I need to watch what I say or I’ll be banned from this site, which I’ve only been on since January. Isn’t Halo rated M? Isn’t everyone on this site supposed to be “of age?” I’ll give you an example, one of my comments got blocked and I received a warning for saying someone “sounded like a fool.” Like really? Seriously? No one’s cussing here even though I’m sure we’ve all been doing so since middle school. Are the rules here kindergarten rules like no name calling or we get “time-outs” from the site?

Come on it’s not like I’m crushing anyone’s self-esteem here. I’m not out there ranting about how bad I think the game is and saying 343i is the worst. (I actually really enjoy this game although of course some aspects could be changed in my opinion). Should I use “yoink” rather than suffer the consequences for calling someone a doo-doo head? Come on I’m serious here I like the forums and I don’t even have 3 months here.

This is a forum, it’s separate from Halo. Forums have rules in place to ensure that all members are valued and respected. Just because Halo is rated M, it doesn’t mean you can act how you want on a Halo-dedicated forum.

Not that being said, what classifies as “insulting conduct” is up to the discretion of the moderators and forum staff, but doo-doo head shouldn’t warrant infraction.

> This is a forum, it’s separate from Halo. Forums have rules in place to ensure that all members are valued and respected. Just because Halo is rated M, it doesn’t mean you can act how you want on a Halo-dedicated forum.
>
> Not that being said, what classifies as “insulting conduct” is up to the discretion of the moderators and forum staff, but doo-doo head shouldn’t warrant infraction.

Oh okay, I just assumed it was cause I always had to put my birth date to see a video here before I joined the forums and logged into the website. But in all seriousness, I’m not trying to offend here I don’t think anyone is really. Plus most of the anger seems to be aimed at 343i…

It’s probably in the terms of use on this site somewhere but who actually reads those.
Here are some things I’ve figured out so far:
-Abuse and excessive swearing.
-Calling out hackers , cheaters and whatnot.
-Calling out players because of their waypoint stats unless asked beforehand.

There’s bound to be more but I g2g to work now.

You can’t complain if you didn’t read the Forum Rules or Terms of Use.

By the way, making threads questioning moderator decisions and spam (such as a thread with no relevence to the forum its in) are against the rules. If you have questions regarding moderator decisions, ask the moderators of forum teams.
Do not make a new thread about it.

I’ve gotten 3 messages so far. Seems to happen when people report you. The forum users are so -Yoink- sensitive you’ll get reported no matter what. I got reported because I called a guy a jerk because he called everyone else jerks lol

> I’ve gotten 3 messages so far. Seems to happen when people report you. The forum users are so Yoink! sensitive you’ll get reported no matter what. I got reported because I called a guy a jerk because he called everyone else jerks lol

Hahaha well that’s pretty lame indeed. I didn’t even know you could report people here; always thought it was those guys who work in the forums and virtually creep around.

The GAME is rated M. Not the forum…but I do have to admit that the enforcement of the rules are a bit…“overdone.” But you just gotta follow them I guess.

> The GAME is rated M. Not the forum…but I do have to admit that the enforcement of the rules are a bit…“overdone.” But you just gotta follow them I guess.

You’ve been here longer than I have, you know sometimes it’s a bit hard to hold your tongue lol

You definitely can’t say Yoink!, Yoink!, or Yoink! face.

Here’s a tip to avoid confrontation; don’t mention skill.

Everyone gets super sensitive and defensive when you mention skill.

> Here’s a tip to avoid confrontation; don’t mention skill.
>
> Everyone gets super sensitive and defensive when you mention skill.

Well good thing I haven’t done that here yet, cause on live it can easily be disputed with a 1v1 here it’s just pointless “look at my stats son!”