What can't be taken away?

I am real tired of all these complaining threads(even though I am complaining now)
So let’s lighten the mood, I love to look positive towards games and hype it up, so here is the question:

What features that have been added to halo throughout the years were ground breaking and NEED to stay in every halo game?
I say

• XBL co-op
  • forge
  • assassinations
    -being able to see our feet
  • armor customizability
  • theater(i am not strong on this, but I do feel it should stay. machinima making has always been a big part of halo and it should stay as easy as it can for filmers)

Sprint! and dual wielding but it wont be in halo4, but whatever.

Just balanced maps. Those werent that abundant in Reach imo.

> Just balanced maps. Those werent that abundant in Reach imo.

THISthisthisthisthisthis…

Reach was an abysmal pit of despair when it came to competitive, balanced maps. The ONLY good on-disc Reach map I can think of is Powerhouse. That’s ONE map.

I also think you can’t forget about custom games. Reach totally abandoned custom gamers, and that was such a huge hit for us. Bring back the customs, 343!

Assassinations need a toggle option.

> > Just balanced maps. Those werent that abundant in Reach imo.
>
> THISthisthisthisthisthis…
>
> Reach was an abysmal pit of despair when it came to competitive, balanced maps. The ONLY good on-disc Reach map I can think of is Powerhouse. That’s ONE map.
>
> I also think you can’t forget about custom games. Reach totally abandoned custom gamers, and that was such a huge hit for us. Bring back the customs, 343!

I agree that custom games are a huge part of halo and they have pretty much died out. But how can 343 do anything about that, it’s not like it is harder to make a custom game, we have so many more tools than we used to. I think a big part is that matchmaking has gotten better and xbox community has changed. I would really like to see a way to have custom game matchmaking, which is pretty much action sack, but I dont see a way of having epic custom games unless u go out and invite random people.

Hijacking and boarding

=D I have 77 thanks! yay!

> Just balanced maps. Those werent that abundant in Reach imo.

I tend to agree with this. I gravitate toward the more symmetrical maps. I hate maps that allow one team an obvious advantage on initial spawn.

> > Just balanced maps. Those werent that abundant in Reach imo.
>
> I tend to agree with this. I gravitate toward the more symmetrical maps. I hate maps that allow one team an obvious advantage on initial spawn.

I think an advantage was okay for defenders in invasion. Oh we can’t lose invasion, that gametype rocks.

Vehicles:

-hijacking, boarding
-susceptible to EMP
-bumpiness (was only in CE)
-durability (in H2 and H3)

Weapons:

-plasma pistol, plasma rifle, needler
-sword, Wraith, fuel rod gun
-BR (obviously), sniper rifle, rocket launcher, shotgun
-needle rifle style weapon (this is out of preference actually), carbine style weapon

Equipment and AAs:

-active camo
-overshield

-grav lift
-deployable cover (I want it back mainly for blocking AI. This was one of the things that I badly needed in H1 and H2)
-drop shield (I included the last 3 because they felt Covie to me. And they are preferable)

AI:

-cannon fodder that lightens the mood in gameplay (i.e. Grunts)
-equally effective enemies (i.e. Elites)
-badasses (i.e. Hunters, CE style Spec Ops Elites)
-Flood
-sword Elites
-marines
-responsive (was in Reach to a limited extent but was too excessive in H3)
-susceptible to tactics and manipulation (was in Reach to a limited extent and was one of the things I liked about H1 and H2)
-reasonable (AI should be flinching from melee hits and shots once unshielded, no excessive teleporting, no shooting at enemies behind them or from an odd angle, no one-shot killing players after they betray allies, no instant betrayal after player betrays allies, minimal friendly fire, no instant disappearing)

Difficulty:

-consistent projectile speed (H1-H3)

Sangheili!

> Vehicles:
>
> -hijacking, boarding
> -susceptible to EMP
> -bumpiness (was only in CE)
> -durability (in H2 and H3)
>
> Weapons:
>
> -plasma pistol, plasma rifle, needler
> -sword, Wraith, fuel rod gun
> -BR (obviously), sniper rifle, rocket launcher, shotgun
> -needle rifle style weapon (this is out of preference actually), carbine style weapon
>
> Equipment and AAs:
>
> -active camo
> -overshield
>
> -grav lift
> -deployable cover (I want it back mainly for blocking AI. This was one of the things that I badly needed in H1 and H2)
> -drop shield (I included the last 3 because they felt Covie to me. And they are preferable)
>
> AI:
>
> -cannon fodder that lightens the mood in gameplay (i.e. Grunts)
> -equally effective enemies (i.e. Elites)
> -badasses (i.e. Hunters, CE style Spec Ops Elites)
> -Flood
> -sword Elites
> -marines
> -responsive (was in Reach to a limited extent but was too excessive in H3)
> -susceptible to tactics and manipulation (was in Reach to a limited extent and was one of the things I liked about H1 and H2)
> -reasonable (AI should be flinching from melee hits and shots once unshielded, no excessive teleporting, no shooting at enemies behind them or from an odd angle, no one-shot killing players after they betray allies, no instant betrayal after player betrays allies, minimal friendly fire, no instant disappearing)
>
> Difficulty:
>
> -consistent projectile speed (H1-H3)

I like the organization of this post, but I think you may be holding onto a few things that you should let go of. such as the flood. they are done and we need a new enemy. I do agree with all of what you said about the vehicles, and most of the other stuff though. not so much with the equipment and AAs, really I love the bubble shield, but no other equipment is needed. As for AAs the bubble shield can be one of them, I just don’t want armor lock. And it would be nice to have all the guns we love, but honestly I would be fine with a different arsenal.

> Sangheili!

This^^^ especially in mathcmaking.

More symmetrical maps, small ones as well as medium and large ones.

We really need Armor lock, Jetpacks, sprint and bloom. It’s the only way to make the game competitive.

> We really need Armor lock, Jetpacks, sprint and bloom. It’s the only way to make the game competitive.

no trolling please

> More symmetrical maps, small ones as well as medium and large ones.

I would like a giant map, similar to the PC bloodgultch, just something that we can have epic BTB on, but this will only work if we can keep connections not laggy and servers good.

If XBL co-op is going to have the same lag, they might as well not waste their time with it.

> If XBL co-op is going to have the same lag, they might as well not waste their time with it.

co op has never been too bad for me, some of my friends have had it real bad though.

I agree, lag is a big issue, especially in co-op modes like Campaign and FF. They should really have dedicated servers for ranked matchmaking at the least though, just like Gears of War 3 has.