What can we observe from this?

I feel that there is a lot of data to be taken in from this gif of the 2 Battle Rifle shots:

1. Obviously no bloom
  2. Although we were told that there would be recoil, I do not see the reticule “crawling” up the screen.
  3. The movement of the spartans looks very fluid and realistic (look at the way the spartan actually crosses his leg over the other while changing directions)
  4. The shot recognition is wonderful. I know H4 is hitscan, but I would like for everyone to notice that the red Spartan is killed from behind and gives the blue Spartan an assist.
  5. There is another medal along with the assist medal. Any thoughts about what this is or what it may mean?
  6. The assist medal and the unknown medal both have numbers next to them. Is this going to effect score? If so, it will arguably be too much like CoD. If not, excellent! Hopefully these numbers just represent “Spartan points” to unlock things in game.

Let me know what you think. Please do not turn this into a CoD vs. Halo / 343 is doing something bad / I hate Halo 4 type of post. I simply want to know what each of you think about this few seconds of play.

From the .gif you can see that the points you get from kills, are the points you need to win.

> Prior to kill, Blue team score is 389.

> After kill, score is 396.

> I feel that there is a lot of data to be taken in from this gif of the 2 Battle Rifle shots:
>
> 1. Obviously no bloom <mark>Even worth noting?</mark>
> 2. Although we were told that there would be recoil, I do not see the reticule “crawling” up the screen.<mark>Hard to say for certain but the aim does go up with each shot. Can’t tell if it’s the player doing it though</mark>
> 3. The movement of the spartans looks very fluid and realistic (look at the way the spartan actually crosses his leg over the other while changing directions) <mark>I’ve been looking at the change of direction a lot and it does look very “crisp”. Maybe 343 ditched the terribad aim acceleration that made strafing almost pointless</mark>
> 4. The shot recognition is wonderful. I know H4 is hitscan, but I would like for everyone to notice that the red Spartan is killed from behind and gives the blue Spartan an assist.<mark>Can’t really comment on this</mark>
> 5. There is another medal along with the assist medal. Any thoughts about what this is or what it may mean?<mark>Probably the “everyone must get rewarded even if they did nothing” medal known as the “distraction” medal</mark>
> 6. The assist medal and the unknown medal both have numbers next to them. Is this going to effect score? If so, it will arguably be too much like CoD. If not, excellent! Hopefully these numbers just represent “Spartan points” to unlock things in game.<mark>Probably the amount of CoD poi… sorry, “spartan” points associated with the medals. Also added to game score so the lesser team with less kills can win even though they were worse</mark>
>
> Let me know what you think. Please do not turn this into a CoD vs. Halo / 343 is doing something bad / I hate Halo 4 type of post. I simply want to know what each of you think about this few seconds of play.
>
> http://h9.abload.de/img/gif3bqadk.gif

Replies highlighted.

> From the .gif you can see that the points you get from kills, are the points you need to win.
>
> > Prior to kill, Blue team score is 389.
>
> > After kill, score is 396.

You are right, I forgot to mention that. I really hope that this is only a certain gametype, and NOT competitive.

Can’t stop…looking at…the scenery.

I am right there with you. Every time I look at this gif, I am stuck on it for about 10 minutes at the least.

> From the .gif you can see that the points you get from kills, are the points you need to win.
>
> > Prior to kill, Blue team score is 389.
>
> > After kill, score is 396.

Here is something I didn’t think of before. You are correct in saying that the score goes up by 10 after the kill. The numbers by his name add up to 10, but what about the guy who took his kill? Did he get no points? I don’t think so. I think it was 5 points for the assist, none for that other medal, and 5 for the kill.

Something like that anyway…

Gif is awesome - thanks for posting.

The animation does indeed look impressive. Man I can’t wait. :slight_smile:

Looking more, my only concern is medal placement. I’m not sure I like it in the upper right corner as it obstructs long distance view briefly.

> > From the .gif you can see that the points you get from kills, are the points you need to win.
> >
> > > Prior to kill, Blue team score is 389.
> >
> > > After kill, score is 396.
>
> Here is something I didn’t think of before. You are correct in saying that the score goes up by 10 after the kill. The numbers by his name add up to 10, but what about the guy who took his kill? Did he get no points? I don’t think so. I think it was 5 points for the assist, none for that other medal, and 5 for the kill.
>
> Something like that anyway…

My geuss is that it was ten points for the kill, and the assist and other medal are spartan points.

> Also added to game score so the lesser team with less kills can win even though they were worse

Your face when the gametype was a mash-up, for demonstration purposes.

> > Also added to game score so the lesser team with less kills can win even though they were worse
>
> Your face when the gametype was a mash-up, for demonstration purposes.

Any game of slayer where the score is affect by anything other than killing is broken.

Why do you think Arena failed so hard? It took stats other than kills and deaths into account (and ranked people individually in a team game but that’s irrelevant to this)

I had a few games where we out scored our opponents but they “won” because they had more assist between them. Why should they have won when they lost? How does that make sense?

And yes, it’s been confirmed that medals are included in the score of slayer games. It’s not going to be just about killing. Such a terrible idea.

The more i see this the more i want the game.

is it me or have they really crunched down the hitbox so it was not as ridiculous as it was in previous games?

> > > Also added to game score so the lesser team with less kills can win even though they were worse
> >
> > Your face when the gametype was a mash-up, for demonstration purposes.
>
> Any game of slayer where the score is affect by anything other than killing is broken.

No, you misunderstand. The gametype shown in that .gif was a mash-up of slayer and objective. It’s not an actual gametype. Frankie confirmed this on NeoGAF.

> And yes, it’s been confirmed that medals are included in the score of slayer games. It’s not going to be just about killing. Such a terrible idea.

Source?

> > > > Also added to game score so the lesser team with less kills can win even though they were worse
> > >
> > > Your face when the gametype was a mash-up, for demonstration purposes.
> >
> > Any game of slayer where the score is affect by anything other than killing is broken.
>
> No, you misunderstand. The gametype shown in that .gif was a mash-up of slayer and objective. It’s not an actual gametype. Frankie confirmed this on NeoGAF.
>
>
>
> > And yes, it’s been confirmed that medals are included in the score of slayer games. It’s not going to be just about killing. Such a terrible idea.
>
> Source?

That^. It’s not like they are going to suddenly make Slayer a point based game. I wish people would stop running wild with their imagination.

10 points for the kill makes more sense than 10 points for the 2 medals that the blue Spartan got. If the points came from just those to medals, then what happened to the points granted from his teammate getting the kill?

> 10 points for the kill makes more sense than 10 points for the 2 medals that the blue Spartan got. If the points came from just those to medals, then what happened to the points granted from his teammate getting the kill?

Anyone happen to agree?

Unknown medal=distraction

Im sure this has already been covered but, 3 grenade types, radar bigger? and with green instead of yellow dots for friendlies. Not sure if leading your bullets is a factor, has this been confirmed?