What button would be good for sprint?

^^^^^^^^

Since I use bumper-jumper I would prefer (X)

left thumbstick hopefully, i play with ‘bumper jumper’ and having ‘X’ has the ability button kinda sucks because i gotta take my hand off the thumbstick to use it

Switch it on and off with the d-pad.

I would prefer left stick. Every game I know except halo uses the left stick to sprint.

Put “change grenade type” on the D-pad and then make it B, or something to the effect of putting CGT on the D-pad an opening up a face button for more a more used action.

A = Jump
X = Action
B = Melee
Y = Switch weapons
LB = Armour ability
LT = Throw nades
RB = Switch nades
RT = Fire weapon
Left stick = Crouch
Right stick = Zoom

Obviously some of you might switch a few of these around, but the point is, they all have a purpose and thus you can’t just stick Sprint on one of them.

Hmm… I guess the D-pad could be used for zoom or nade switch, freeing up a button for Sprint?

I hope we have customizable controls with the necessary restrictions, I would prefer the left joystick stay for crouching especially with the Crouch jump we have been doing for so long

Inb4: No button.

> I hope we have customizable controls with the necessary restrictions, I would prefer the left joystick stay for crouching especially with the Crouch jump we have been doing for so long

Where would sprint fit in? D-Pad would suck.

> > I hope we have customizable controls with the necessary restrictions, I would prefer the left joystick stay for crouching especially with the Crouch jump we have been doing for so long
>
> Where would sprint fit in? D-Pad would suck.

Personally, I like Reaper’s idea. Put one of the less-used actions, such as nade switch, on the D-pad and then use a main button for Sprint.

> Where would sprint fit in? D-Pad would suck.

That`s why their should be customization , button-mapping would allow people to customize the controls to their preferences. So you can make sprint left stick and I can make it X.

> > Where would sprint fit in? D-Pad would suck.
>
> That`s why their should be customization , button-mapping would allow people to customize the controls to their preferences. So you can make sprint left stick and I can make it X.

Ill just make make crouch d-pad

i’d like LT use AA, X use grenades, rest can be bumper jumper …

> A = Jump
> X = Action/Get into Vehicles
> B = Pick up weapon
> Y = Switch weapons
> LB = Armour Ability
> LT = Throw nades
> RB = Melee
> RT = Fire weapon
> Left stick = Crouch
> Click Left Stick in direction= Sprint
> Right stick = Zoom
>
> D- Pad = Switch Grenade Type

Changed to what I would have. Just my opinion.

> > A = Jump
> > X = Action/Get into Vehicles
> > B = Pick up weapon
> > Y = Switch weapons
> > LB = Armour Ability
> > LT = Throw nades
> > RB = Melee
> > RT = Fire weapon
> > Left stick = Crouch
> > Click Left Stick in direction= Sprint
> > Right stick = Zoom
> >
> > D- Pad = Switch Grenade Type
>
> Changed to what I would have. Just my opinion.

Im worried about this, I don’t really want to change the controls

they could have sprint and crouch on the same left stick

click to sprint

hold to crouch

that’d be perfect for me personally

> they could have sprint and crouch on the same left stick
>
> click to sprint
>
> hold to crouch
>
> that’d be perfect for me personally

BEST F****** IDEA EVER!

I’m more curious as to whether or not the melee button will stay on RB or be switched back to the B-button.

> > they could have sprint and crouch on the same left stick
> >
> > click to sprint
> >
> > hold to crouch
> >
> > that’d be perfect for me personally
>
> BEST F****** IDEA EVER!

I disagree. What if someone adds crouch to their strafe? Or when they jump and crouch multiple times to evade from the enemy?

That would not work for me.