What Aspects Make You Come Back To Reach

Since the beginning of Reach’s release, the game has been a favorite of mine. The campaign is “iffy” in my opinion, but I think that the multiplayer and firefight is challenging and enjoyable. I have played Halo 3 in the past and played Halo 4 at its release. They are both great games, but there is something about Halo: Reach that keeps you coming back. These are just rough numbers, but I checked Halo 4 a few days ago and they had barely 15-20000 players at one time. Reach has had consistently 20-28000 players during the same time period. It seems if Reach is having a “second renaissance”, yet it is a shame that its falling by the wayside like bungie did to Halo 3. But what keeps you coming back to Reach: the long-life multiplayer, the firefight, the forge? Please comment–Thanks guys!

(I know there are a million pages on Waypoint sorry if this topic is a repeat)

Hey man
I’ve played reach since beta day one and I just love this game so much but the main reason I consistently come back is the community reach has always had a solid and fun community and hopefully will always stay that way.
Add me on HT GDM see you all on the battlefield :slight_smile:

Grifball Dash and Anniversary Classic.

I partly agree with snickerdoodle - I can’t live without AnniSlayer.

I regularly play Halo 3, Reach, & 4 … it just depends on my mood. I was actually going to play some anniversary online now.

Playable sangheili, visuals, better playlists, and most of all: clan raids.

I’m playing Reach because it is one of my favorite games in the Halo series and I think Bungie did a great job with Reach’s multiplayer, aside from a few small issues like AL and such. I’m also trying to get to Inheritor right now so it is keeping me busy :slight_smile:

Imo, Reach definitely had some of the greatest DLC Maps. It is a shame that none of them usually ever show up.

Totally agree about DLC maps. They look and play amazing.
But anyways, just about everything. Super good competition (especially in Doubles), great customs, decent community, and just…I don’t know. So many good memories of playing with friends and…how could I not come back to re-live and make some more memories?

It’s just a plain great game.

I mean, just a couple months ago I bought the legendary flames and officer (which I’ve wanted for a long time), so, I don’t intend to quit on this game until it dies.
When the servers shut down is when my skull and flames will stop glowing in the world of matchmaking.

I came back cause the Halo reach clan community is 100x better than Halo 4’s

oh boy, because i hate jsut about everything to do with halo 4’s multiplayer.

but, in order of my most hated first ,and minor problems last:

1.instant respawns
2.virtually no custom games options compared to reach/halo 3.
3.loadouts, enough said.
4.Back to the original vehicles. whatever happend to falcon, chopper,prowler,hornet, reavanant ect. way less variety.

5.no invasion (by far my most loved gametype in halo)
6.no playable elites ;(

i’m sure there are more reasons i’ve forgoten, but those are the things i hate the most that immediately jump out at me.

All of the above. Minus Faggotlock.

Other:

Mostly to capture gameplay for my youtube channel and also keep up to date with Halo in general. I have a ton of gripes about reach and what it did to Halo. With that said I still play it because if I am going to debate with someone on the fallacies of games like reach and Halo 4 I need to have concrete proof that no I’m not bad at the game and thats not why I hate it (many assume if you dislike a certain game you must be bad at it, such a huge fallacy). I do quite well in reach in fact.

You know the saying “If you know your enemy better than you know yourself, you will never suffer defeat”

I apply this to Reach and Halo 4 exactly.

> Other:
>
> Mostly to capture gameplay for my youtube channel and also keep up to date with Halo in general. I have a ton of gripes about reach and what it did to Halo. With that said I still play it because if I am going to debate with someone on the fallacies of games like reach and Halo 4 I need to have concrete proof that no I’m not bad at the game and thats not why I hate it (many assume if you dislike a certain game you must be bad at it, such a huge fallacy). I do quite well in reach in fact.
>
> You know the saying “If you know your enemy better than you know yourself, you will never suffer defeat”
>
> I apply this to Reach and Halo 4 exactly.

However when you strip loadouts and sprint and place AA’s on the map Reach easily becomes the best in the series gameplay-wise. This is why I like Reach, you can essentially change what you want, without modding.

Not necessarily in order of importance, Reach is my favorite because:

1- Customizable playable character in all modes - which appear even in the campaign cutscenes.
2- Jump, shoot, run (player mechanics) seem more natural.
3- Theatre for all modes.
4- Simple & fair loadouts in MM.
5- Arcade firefight.
6- Nearly endless rankup, with the haunted helmet being the ultimate prize, creates an incentive to play.
7- The music.
8- While not adhering too closely to canon, I also like the Noble Team and The Fall of Reach story.

> However when you strip loadouts and sprint and place AA’s on the map Reach easily becomes the best in the series gameplay-wise. This is why I like Reach, you can essentially change what you want, without modding.

I wouldn’t want to play a custom game though. I go and play Halo 3 to get the classic Halo gameplay which to me is far better than any reach custom game could offer. Especially since 3 has the BR and better maps.

That’s all opinion right there man. Better maps is opinion really…and still, the facts are presented to you in that, a custom game in Reach can give almost WHATEVER you want.

Any game I like better than another person might is preference, due to a difference in opinion…but some facts can’t be avoided. And why would I give a piece of trash for an inaccurate 4 shot BR? Hate that thing sometimes…
Lol anyways that was partially opinion.

Still, Reach is my favorite game and I think most of it’s maps are superior anyways. You can’t technically definitively say one Halo game is the best. But a lot of people agree it seems.