What armor does Master Chief wear in Halo 5?

I’m pretty sure it’s the Mark VI GEN2 Armor but the torso armor looks more like the Reaper armor.

Chief’s armor in Halo 5 is an altered version of the original Mark VI Mjolnir armor. Between H3 and H4, Cortana updated the suit using nanomachines while Chief was in cryo. This is the canon explanation for why the armor looks different in Halo 4. Between Halo 4 and Halo 5, Chief gets a Gen 2 model of the same suit, inexplicably with the same alterations that Cortana had made to his Gen 1 version (perhaps the Gen 1 model was updated to Gen 2 specs).

This particular version of the Mark VI armor is not available in multiplayer as a customization item. The Reaper armor may look close but you won’t find an exact replication of the armor in multiplayer.

> 2533274817408735;2:
> Chief’s armor in Halo 5 is an altered version of the original Mark VI Mjolnir armor. Between H3 and H4, Cortana updated the suit using nanomachines while Chief was in cryo. This is the canon explanation for why the armor looks different in Halo 4. Between Halo 4 and Halo 5, Chief gets a Gen 2 model of the same suit, inexplicably with the same alterations that Cortana had made to his Gen 1 version (perhaps the Gen 1 model was updated to Gen 2 specs).
>
> This particular version of the Mark VI armor is not available in multiplayer as a customization item. The Reaper armor may look close but you won’t find an exact replication of the armor in multiplayer.

I’ve always wondered why the H5 Chief armour isn’t available in mp. Is there a reason for that that you know of?

> 2533275031939856;3:
> > 2533274817408735;2:
> > Chief’s armor in Halo 5 is an altered version of the original Mark VI Mjolnir armor. Between H3 and H4, Cortana updated the suit using nanomachines while Chief was in cryo. This is the canon explanation for why the armor looks different in Halo 4. Between Halo 4 and Halo 5, Chief gets a Gen 2 model of the same suit, inexplicably with the same alterations that Cortana had made to his Gen 1 version (perhaps the Gen 1 model was updated to Gen 2 specs).
> >
> > This particular version of the Mark VI armor is not available in multiplayer as a customization item. The Reaper armor may look close but you won’t find an exact replication of the armor in multiplayer.
>
> I’ve always wondered why the H5 Chief armour isn’t available in mp. Is there a reason for that that you know of?

There is no officially stated reason. It is my personal belief that when 343 decided to make Halo multiplayer canon, they did not make Chief’s “MOD” armor usable in mp so that no multiplayer Spartan would look like the Chief, thereby making him unique among all the multiplayer Spartans who were had become “canon”. The same theory can be applied to the armors of other prominent Spartans in the main story (Palmer, Fireteam Osiris, and Blue team). As far as I know, exact 1:1 replications of these Spartans can not be made in multiplayer, due to the addition of odd white markings on the mp versions of their armors and potentially a lack of their particular color schemes. In doing so, even if you run around multiplayer with black Helljumper armor, you won’t be Buck because the armor is slightly different.

> 2533274817408735;4:
> > 2533275031939856;3:
> > > 2533274817408735;2:
> > > Chief’s armor in Halo 5 is an altered version of the original Mark VI Mjolnir armor. Between H3 and H4, Cortana updated the suit using nanomachines while Chief was in cryo. This is the canon explanation for why the armor looks different in Halo 4. Between Halo 4 and Halo 5, Chief gets a Gen 2 model of the same suit, inexplicably with the same alterations that Cortana had made to his Gen 1 version (perhaps the Gen 1 model was updated to Gen 2 specs).
> > >
> > > This particular version of the Mark VI armor is not available in multiplayer as a customization item. The Reaper armor may look close but you won’t find an exact replication of the armor in multiplayer.
> >
> > I’ve always wondered why the H5 Chief armour isn’t available in mp. Is there a reason for that that you know of?
>
> There is no officially stated reason. It is my personal belief that when 343 decided to make Halo multiplayer canon, they did not make Chief’s “MOD” armor usable in mp so that no multiplayer Spartan would look like the Chief, thereby making him unique among all the multiplayer Spartans who were had become “canon”. The same theory can be applied to the armors of other prominent Spartans in the main story (Palmer, Fireteam Osiris, and Blue team). As far as I know, exact 1:1 replications of these Spartans can not be made in multiplayer, due to the addition of odd white markings on the mp versions of their armors and potentially a lack of their particular color schemes. In doing so, even if you run around multiplayer with black Helljumper armor, you won’t be Buck because the armor is slightly different.

I didn’t know that the multiplayer versions of Osiris and Blue Team were slightly different, interesting. That’s a little too serious approach in my opinion, if that indeed actually is the reason. I would’ve really liked to have Chief’s armour in mp.

> 2533275031939856;5:
> > 2533274817408735;4:
> > > 2533275031939856;3:
> > > > 2533274817408735;2:
> > > > Chief’s armor in Halo 5 is an altered version of the original Mark VI Mjolnir armor. Between H3 and H4, Cortana updated the suit using nanomachines while Chief was in cryo. This is the canon explanation for why the armor looks different in Halo 4. Between Halo 4 and Halo 5, Chief gets a Gen 2 model of the same suit, inexplicably with the same alterations that Cortana had made to his Gen 1 version (perhaps the Gen 1 model was updated to Gen 2 specs).
> > > >
> > > > This particular version of the Mark VI armor is not available in multiplayer as a customization item. The Reaper armor may look close but you won’t find an exact replication of the armor in multiplayer.
> > >
> > > I’ve always wondered why the H5 Chief armour isn’t available in mp. Is there a reason for that that you know of?
> >
> > There is no officially stated reason. It is my personal belief that when 343 decided to make Halo multiplayer canon, they did not make Chief’s “MOD” armor usable in mp so that no multiplayer Spartan would look like the Chief, thereby making him unique among all the multiplayer Spartans who were had become “canon”. The same theory can be applied to the armors of other prominent Spartans in the main story (Palmer, Fireteam Osiris, and Blue team). As far as I know, exact 1:1 replications of these Spartans can not be made in multiplayer, due to the addition of odd white markings on the mp versions of their armors and potentially a lack of their particular color schemes. In doing so, even if you run around multiplayer with black Helljumper armor, you won’t be Buck because the armor is slightly different.
>
> I didn’t know that the multiplayer versions of Osiris and Blue Team were slightly different, interesting. That’s a little too serious approach in my opinion, if that indeed actually is the reason. I would’ve really liked to have Chief’s armour in mp.

Its very noticable with Osiris’s armors. Mostly in the body. If you look at a picture of Vale in campaign and the armor in the multiplayer, its easy to see. Most notable with Locke’s armor. I cant say on Blue Team’s armor as I haven’t gotten a good look at them.

It would be nice if you could earn them like while Achilles.

<p>It would be nice if you could earn them like Achilles.</p>

> 2533274817408735;4:
> > 2533275031939856;3:
> > > 2533274817408735;2:
> > > Chief’s armor in Halo 5 is an altered version of the original Mark VI Mjolnir armor. Between H3 and H4, Cortana updated the suit using nanomachines while Chief was in cryo. This is the canon explanation for why the armor looks different in Halo 4. Between Halo 4 and Halo 5, Chief gets a Gen 2 model of the same suit, inexplicably with the same alterations that Cortana had made to his Gen 1 version (perhaps the Gen 1 model was updated to Gen 2 specs).
> > >
> > > This particular version of the Mark VI armor is not available in multiplayer as a customization item. The Reaper armor may look close but you won’t find an exact replication of the armor in multiplayer.
> >
> > I’ve always wondered why the H5 Chief armour isn’t available in mp. Is there a reason for that that you know of?
>
> There is no officially stated reason. It is my personal belief that when 343 decided to make Halo multiplayer canon, they did not make Chief’s “MOD” armor usable in mp so that no multiplayer Spartan would look like the Chief, thereby making him unique among all the multiplayer Spartans who were had become “canon”. The same theory can be applied to the armors of other prominent Spartans in the main story (Palmer, Fireteam Osiris, and Blue team). As far as I know, exact 1:1 replications of these Spartans can not be made in multiplayer, due to the addition of odd white markings on the mp versions of their armors and potentially a lack of their particular color schemes. In doing so, even if you run around multiplayer with black Helljumper armor, you won’t be Buck because the armor is slightly different.

What a cool idea! I hadn’t thought of that all these years but it fits.

Speaking of nanomachines, is there another source besides Frankie in that one YouTube video?