What Are your thoughts on Exile?

I like the look of Exile so far, and I love to see the Gauss Hog. Though I’m a little unclear on if the footage of the Gauss Hog was on the Regular map or a Heavies version of the map. Though I do love the Gauss Hog a ton, it is a little overpowered and maybe shouldn’t be used on the default map. Either way I’ll be happy, as long as I can actually use it for once. It hardly ever made an appearance in Halo 3 and Reach and I can understand why. Though it is very fun to use, it’s a beast that is hard to be stopped by other players as long as you have the right crew. However I do hope 343 incorporates more use of the Gauss Hog in Campaign and Firefight. What do you guys think? Both of the Gauss Hog possibly in the default map, and the map in general.

<mark>Though I was a little that they didn’t show us a map that had a mammoth on it.</mark>

Edit: SORRY I SPELLED GAUSS HOG WRONG! I fixed it though.

Whats a “Gnause Hog?”

> Whats a “Gnause Hog?”

We will find out soon enough.

Exile looks amazing.

To me, this game is reminding me a lot of Halo 3, with the exception of the new tweaks and add-ons (which also look amazing and smooth) The map also reminds me of Halo 3.

> Whats a “Gnause Hog?”

It’s the worthog that instead of a turret on the back, it has this gun that shoots a beam that instantly kills someone when it hits them. You can see it in the B roll they did for the Exile map. It’s also sitting beside the regular worthog in a screenshot they showed of Exile.

No that’s the gauss hog

> Exile looks amazing.
>
> To me, this game is reminding me a lot of Halo 3, with the exception of the new tweaks and add-ons (which also look amazing and smooth) The map also reminds me of Halo 3.

Yes, this game is looking to be the perfect combination of Halo 3 and Reach. I’m loving the way it looks right now. This map reminded me a bit of Halo 3 too, which I love. Halo 3’s maps were far better than the maps for Reach. Of the maps they’ve shown, I’ve liked: Haven, Longbow, and Exile. I didn’t much like how Adrift looked. It reminded me too much of Condemned which was a terrible map in my opinion.

> No that’s the gauss hog

I had a feeling I spelled it wrong, thanks! I might go and fix that.

To me it looked amazing. Seems very dangerous too with a lot of things to explore from vehicles to the terrain. Kudos…

> > Whats a “Gnause Hog?”
>
> It’s the worthog that instead of a turret on the back, it has this gun that shoots a beam that instantly kills someone when it hits them. You can see it in the B roll they did for the Exhile map. It’s also sitting beside the regular worthog in a screenshot they showed of Exhile.

Gauss Hog.
He knew what you meant but was being sarcastic at your failure.

Love exile, colour scheme seems like Battle Canyon/beaver Creek

The map is great and all and I’m sure it’ll play well, but I’m just a little disappointed that they’re showing off all maps designed for larger teams. I really was hoping to see more 4v4 maps in Halo 4. They’re all bigger and more complex. I don’t know, I just kind of miss the simplistic design of small maps.

And so long as we’re going to be jerks around here…

> > > Whats a “Gnause Hog?”
> >
> > It’s the worthog that instead of a turret on the back, it has this gun that shoots a beam that instantly kills someone when it hits them. You can see it in the B roll they did for the Exhile map. It’s also sitting beside the regular worthog in a screenshot they showed of Exhile.
>
> Gauss Hog.
> He <mark>new</mark> what you meant but was being sarcastic at your failure.
>
> Love exile, colour scheme seems like Battle Canyon/beaver Creek

Look at that failure.

It looks amazing for objective games. The banshee looked a little cramped flying at some parts of the map but it’s always better to have a banshee than no banshee on a map I’d say.

I think I’m going to love it.

So far it’s my favorite H4 map.

I think it’s a BEAUTIFUL map that looks like it’s a lot of fun to play on.

Well if there is a tank on the map as hasbeen shown as well as banshees, then there better be a Gauss hog to counter them. But the map looks great and reminds me of danger canyon from CE on the PC except it does a complete circle.

> The map is great and all and I’m sure it’ll play well, but I’m just a little disappointed that they’re showing off all maps designed for larger teams. I really was hoping to see more 4v4 maps in Halo 4. They’re all bigger and more complex. I don’t know, I just kind of miss the simplistic design of small maps.
>
> And so long as we’re going to be jerks around here…
>
>
>
> > > > Whats a “Gnause Hog?”
> > >
> > > It’s the worthog that instead of a turret on the back, it has this gun that shoots a beam that instantly kills someone when it hits them. You can see it in the B roll they did for the Exhile map. It’s also sitting beside the regular worthog in a screenshot they showed of Exhile.
> >
> > Gauss Hog.
> > He <mark>new</mark> what you meant but was being sarcastic at your failure.
> >
> > Love exile, colour scheme seems like Battle Canyon/beaver Creek
>
> Look at that failure.

There is a large difference in missing a letter and having a complete lack of spelling to begin with.

> There is a large difference in missing a letter and having a complete lack of spelling to begin with.

Way to backpedal buddy, but you already lost all credibility. Take my advice: stop making fun of people for misspelling words they use next to never (especially when you mess up your own words) and answer the question.

Posted this earlier but i really hope this is like the new Blood gulch. it be awesome if this was going to be considered so for the new season of R vs B too, which if you don’t know what im talking about go check… and with the mark 6 back it seems more of what i think might be happening… there’s just been so many good subtle hints that red vs. blue will meet halo 4. (i get they showed the release date with it but they skipped using reach for the actual seasons, which doesn’t bother me.)

but anyway this will probably be my favorite map and will also be the biggest non- forge map as well. even though at pax some of the walls were clearly placed to block people from going and exploring the whole map.
I also think that i will be spending plenty of time playing on this map and in forge with it. it just looks great.

All i need is to see the broken down pelican in this map and i don’t need to worry about whether or not red vs. blue will be there i’ll know it will.