What are your expectations?

I know there is a lot of controversy, but what do you expect from Halo Infinite?

[deleted]

343 said they will share more details about multiplayer “soon”, so I am reserving judgment until then. As of now, I’m expecting a few things:

• There’s no way 343 didn’t learn their lesson from Halo 5 launching with barely any game modes. I am sure they are aware of how big of a mistake that was by now, so I expect Halo Infinite to launch with lots of playlists, including the basics like Infection, Firefight, and BTB, and hopefully other fun stuff like Fiesta. I’ll be surprised if I’m wrong about this. - I’m expecting a very good Forge mode. Really happy to hear it will have an undo button! - Halo 5’s Theater mode was a broken mess. I expect them to have it working for Halo Infinite. - There will definitely be some sort of reference to Craig, right?

Absolutely nothing.

> 2533274904158628;3:
> 343 said they will share more details about multiplayer “soon”, so I am reserving judgment until then. As of now, I’m expecting a few things:
> - There’s no way 343 didn’t learn their lesson from Halo 5 launching with barely any game modes. I am sure they are aware of how big of a mistake that was by now, so I expect Halo Infinite to launch with lots of playlists, including the basics like Infection, Firefight, and BTB, and hopefully other fun stuff like Fiesta. I’ll be surprised if I’m wrong about this. - I’m expecting a very good Forge mode. Really happy to hear it will have an undo button! - Halo 5’s Theater mode was a broken mess. I expect them to have it working for Halo Infinite. - There will definitely be some sort of reference to Craig, right?

I agree on the Forge. I’m really hoping for some next-level advancements.

I mostly want a really fun game and of course as a personal wish have playable elites make a comeback.

Kind of hard, though my biggest expectation/want was a return to original Halo gameplay. Though we are not getting that for the campaign, I am still hoping for multiplayer though I am not sure what we will see.

> 2533274903307005;4:
> Absolutely nothing.

Care to elaborate? I mean it’s fine if you have a negative opinion or expectations of the game, but if you’re gonna go through the trouble of posting your thoughts on the forums then you should, you know, post 'em.

I’m not really sure what I “expect” per se, but I’m “hoping” for a complete product whether I enjoy it or not. You know, a campaign with a conclusion that doesn’t end in a cliffhanger for expansions/DLC. Forge mode, Theatre, Customs, all finished and part of the game on launch day. Enough game modes to cover all the bases, and maybe a sort of social composer like in MCC so I can queue for multiple modes/playlists at once. To be honest I don’t think Firefight absolutely HAS to be included on day 1 if they need more time to work on it, an extra month or so wouldn’t kill anyone, but that’s probably the only mode they can afford not to have on launch. And like I said, if it’s not really my thing then so be it, as long as it’s finished and is generally well received then I can just move on and play something else. Not like I’m actually paying for the game anyway.

But as for actual “expectations”, I try not to expect much in general for any game before release. I’ve been playing video games long enough to not let the hype monster ruin it for me when they finally come out.

> 2535421500160695;1:
> I know there is a lot of controversy, but what do you expect from Halo Infinite?

My expectations are that the in game systems will follow the gears formula by the coalition. The coalition is an In-house ms developer in the same vein that 343 is…

For better or worse gears tried the semi open world format, in game progression equipment upgrades , a seasonal battle pass model also stepped away from a loot box system to a micro transaction system , all of this sounds very similar to the infinite marketing lines being trotted out by 343 and Ms to me.

This are my expectations I must say I didn’t like what they did with gears overall so I’m hoping the reality is much different “shrug” or at least a more player friendly refined version

> 2533274903307005;4:
> Absolutely nothing.

exactly this.
I dont have expectations.
That way i dont get dissapointed…
That, and throughout previous halos 4 and 5 had expectations and was very suprised and dissapointed.

Low, but ultimately hopeful. I’m more interested in the campaign than the relative cesspool that will be the inevitable reception of the multiplayer on this forum.

I’m expecting to like the gameplay and customization. I’m also expecting to hate the grapple hook.

Halo 5 was so different and I didn’t bought a Xbox one. For the first time in many years they brought back what Halo should feel. I’m eager to explore the ring and find some secrets. One of my favorite things in previous Halo was ennemie and marines funny dialogues.

For MP I look for a fun gamplay with a certain amount of skill, good customisation and good forge.

Overall, my expectations are still fairly high, but the demo did temper them a bit. Still waiting for MP reveal before I can make a decision for where I fully stand with Infinite pre-release.

I expect halo to take a Big step in a new direction but down to the details I imagine some/a lot of stuff will probably be hit and miss with a lot of people but for myself I’m glad were getting another halo game plus side it will be one i could actually get some of my friends to play as it being on PC now.

I’m still not sold on the open world aspect of the game, I have a feeling it will be a mostly empty world with a few camps scattered around for us to clear. But we’ll see.

> 2533274814945686;10:
> > 2533274903307005;4:
> > Absolutely nothing.
>
> exactly this.
> I dont have expectations.
> That way i dont get dissapointed…
> That, and throughout previous halos 4 and 5 had expectations and was very suprised and dissapointed.

This. If you set your expectations low enough, then you will not be as disappointed. Frank said himself to temper your expectations. :nerd_face:

I am trying to not expect anything because I know I will be let down. I don’t have much game time anymore and halo is my favorite game so I’m just trying to enjoy my last gaming moments before they come to an end. May the legacy live forever.

> 2535421500160695;1:
> I know there is a lot of controversy, but what do you expect from Halo Infinite?

To hopefully not get pissed off each time I turn my xbox on and ask myself why the heck I’m still playing halo.

> 2535421500160695;1:

Another Anthem/Crackdown 3 level disaster. Probably more like Crackdown 3: 5 years in the oven and still half baked. I was genuinely excited to see what the the Series X could do. Imagine my disappointment. Expectations are:

1. A half-baked, technically/visually underwhelming game.
  2. Featureless at launch
  3. Destiny 1 level of campaign content/design
  4. A large day one patch
  5. Every multiplayer mode stuffed with MTX’s
  6. The exciting premise of open world Halo completely underutilized and hamstrung by a game engine designed to work on severely outdated hardware.

I would love to be wrong, but that demo says I’m probably not.