What are your 3 favorite campaign missions?

Favorite campaign missions, top 3, go!

1. Blue Team: has a Pillar of Autumn / Cairo / Dawn feel to it … very classic Halo campaign. I want more of this in the future. I’ve replayed this mission the most. Love it.

2. Swords of Sanghelios: First time I played it, when I entered the council chambers, grabbed energy sword, charged up the stairs, heart pounding, gotta save the Arbiter … genuine immersion there. Great mission; loved the vehicle combat as well.

3. Reunion: most beautiful Halo set piece to date, Genesis is lovely. It’s a very short mission, but hearing “Olly olly oxen free” was something I really hoped would be in this campaign. I’m a big fan of the books.

Well, those are my three favorite missions. What about you guys?

The Breaking
Reunion
Guardians

> 2533274807544947;2:
> The Breaking
> Reunion
> Guardians

“Guardians” probably would have been my fourth. Exuberant Witness is great talking yoink to Cortana at the end.

> 2533274883669557;3:
> > 2533274807544947;2:
> > The Breaking
> > Reunion
> > Guardians
>
>
> “Guardians” probably would have been my fourth. Exuberant Witness is great talking yoink to Cortana at the end.

She/It really is. I love that little ball. (Oh wow t
hat sounds bad).
But I hope we see more of her. Much better than 343 and

I love how vengeful she was towards Cortana; and without her; chief & blue team would still be in the Cryptum.

All of the missions on Sanghelios were my fav. I just enjoyed being there much more than I expected, especially Sunaion.

> 2533274933538004;5:
> All of the missions on Sanghelios were my fav. I just enjoyed being there much more than I expected, especially Sunaion.

I just which that we hadn’t spent so much time there and could have explored that (Civil War) with a small expansion where we played as the Arbiter and 3 elites.

Glassed
Reunion
Swords of Sanghelios
Enemy Lines
Battle of Sunaion (basically every non-roleplaying Sanghelios mission. They’re great.)
Guardians.

I straight up enjoyed the Campaign… I’d have included The Breaking as well, but… every time I see those large Forerunner structures I’m supposed to enter, I’m reminded that it’s just another one of those Promethean killboxes like always… and the ENTIRE mission was one, just with outstanding music for a change.

Battle of Sunaion: This mission felt great in terms of gameplay and scale. The big battle had weight and importance to it on an epic scale.

The Breaking: Loved the emotional weight through this entire mission. The last fight with the Warden was satisfying and the end cutscene was heartbreaking.

Guardians: Much for the same reason as above, the emotional weight felt good. It was nice to see Locke rescue Chief from the Cryptum rather than ending with Blue Team inside. The sequence of destroying the cores was some good classic open ended Halo combat. Plus it’s a good snowy level.

Blue team was my favourite, then genesis

Battle of Sunaion: It’s a freaking Covenant D-Day man! You can’t get better than that. Storming the “beachhead” with the Arbiter and Swords of Sanghelios and taking out AA guns and then fighting the Warden with the Arbiter at the end. Probably one of my favorite levels in all of Halo.

Genesis: This is the last mission right? If so, it was just so much fun and had so many options. You get to see all the different enemies up close with no danger when you see Exuberant’s collections. Then a Mantis run that could easily be turned into a vehicle battle of your choice due to the sheer amount of different choices and paths you are given. Then the ending with Exuberant sticking it to Cortana at the end. Fantastic level.

Blue Team: While very linear, it really has one of the most diverse atmospheres in any one level of almost any Halo game. You got the corridor shooting feel of Pillar of Autumn/Cairo Station, but also get a slight horror feel with the hunters following you through the bowls of the ship and the suicide grunts smashing into you. Plus camo elites. Hearing Blue Team speak for the first time in a game and being able to interact with them is just awesome beyond belief and I love their conversations throughout the missions. Finally that Banshee battle to the Halo theme was just amazing.

This could honestly be my favorite Halo campaign. I love the story (though I like many have some criticisms) and I didn’t feel like there were any levels that I was forced to play that weren’t really interesting like The Library or Tsavo Highway or Quarantine Zone.

1. Battle of Sunaion
  2. Reunion
  3. Swords of Sanghelios
    (4. Guardians)

If I had to pick only 3 it’d have to be;
Reunion
Genesis
Guardians

The planet genesis was awesome when first shown in Reunion, vertical climbing down a guardian was epic, Exuberant Witness is the best and I hope she isn’t a one-off and we see her in h6, and Osiris with the save at the end was so awesome, sorry Osiris haters, they epic.

Meridian Station

Alliance

Before The Storm

Kappa

I can’t think of three good missions, to be frank. I’d have to give credit to Reunion if only because it finally validates the previously meandering, disconnected plot points of Halo 5, but no other missions were memorable for good reasons.

> 2533274833380875;10:
> Battle of Sunaion: It’s a freaking Covenant D-Day man! You can’t get better than that. Storming the “beachhead” with the Arbiter and Swords of Sanghelios and taking out AA guns and then fighting the Warden with the Arbiter at the end. Probably one of my favorite levels in all of Halo.

+1 !!

Silent Cartographer is ALL

The Breaking. Felt like midnight.
Reunion. Actually explored blue team as people.
Blue Team. Had Blue team

Halo 5 really didn’t have any good missions, let alone a good campaign which in my opinion was absolutely banal from start to finish. Where it can be argued that 343 has learned from Halo 4, all i see are baby steps that sort of just move around in circles.

Map design most of the time is symmetrical which becomes especially prominent during the forerunner sections of the game, whether it be to save time or whether it is just the result of pure laziness, the truth resulting from this is that maps are now less enjoyable, as when you find yourself discovering one half of an area, you don’t bother looking back as you already know what the other side looks like perfectly without ever needing to pay attention. A perfect example of this is the mission “The Breaking” which is an exact mirror reflection of itself from start to finish ruling out any variable strategies which require using map variations. A direct contrast to this is a mission like the Silent Cartographer from the first Halo, which had plenty of solutions to a single mission, while being un-jeopardized by poor map design. Another thing that kills Halo 5 map design is it’s weak vehicle sections which essentially cover up the underdeveloped sections of the world, further hidden by the clutters of enemies which fill a void of wasted opportunity.

4: Evacuation- My favourite part of the Meridian sequence, Mission 6 and its urgent atmosphere felt awesome. The Guardian rising from the drill site looked so awesome, and that race to the Space elevator was cool in either a 'Hog or Mongoose, especially when Soliders occupied human vehicles and you had to chase them down the trail.

3: Genesis- My favourite ‘sandbox’ mission. It was great to see three-sided combat on such a large scale, and I enjoyed the weapon variety the map presented. Jumping down the Guardian was epic, and Exuberant made for an adorable tour guide.

2: Enemy Lines: Great use of the Kraken in this mission. It served as a constant adversary for you to chase, and its boarding sequence was much more fun than the Lich’s in Halo 4 (not as good as Scarabs though). The Covenant blockade sequence was an awesome challenge that offered numerous stratergies to get through it.

1: Battle of Sunaion- Just so damn awesome…

I want to do another campaign run to see my favorite since I’ve just played on Legendary. I’d say one of my favorites would have to be Reunion and it’s funky tree glory.