What are you going to forge?

I really like forge and am looking forward to it but I just don’t have an imagination so please comment your ideas so I can steal them and claim them as my own :slight_smile:

im gonna start simple and try recreate an easyish map like beaver screek and then reimagine it for Halo 5 (ill be new to forging so ill be using this as a learning step)

Space cargo ship, restaurant, training ground, village, hangar, the list goes on.

One of the best sources of inspiration I’ve found is the original multiplayer maps from all the older games. I’m not talking about simple re-makes, but just looking at stills of these old maps always brings back memories of experiences I had playing them, and of the fun I had just walking the maps in forge mode and looking at the visual details. I remember looking out the windows of Orbital at the views of Earth and being blown away. I built more than one map from that single source of inspiration. None of them were anything like Orbital, but they all had Orbital as their point of departure. Scour these maps - MCC makes it easy to do - and you might be surprised just how much food for thought you find.

Not sure until forge actually comes out.

I am making remaking maps I made in Halo 3 that were simply limited due to lack of scripting and switches. Specifically a map called Zombie Lab and a map based off dropping as an ODST.

Something more boId that I am planning on making is based off mission 10: The Gulag from MW2. I am almost positive I can remake it to be very similar to the mission.
This is the part of the mission Here.

I can see this as a VIP game mode of some kind. I can set it up where you have to simply get the VIP out of the island, but if the game mode is too limited I can simply make the objective to kill him by reaching his cell. Something to note is how in the video you can see that one person has to hold the control room and activate switches while the rest need to progress to the bottom floor.

This is what im going to be doing when forge comes out.

Textures

> 2533274831388058;6:
> I am making remaking maps I made in Halo 3 that were simply limited due to lack of scripting and switches. Specifically a map called Zombie Lab and a map based off dropping as an ODST.
>
> Something more boId that I am planning on making is based off mission 10: The Gulag from MW2. I am almost positive I can remake it to be very similar to the mission.
> This is the part of the mission Here.
>
> I can see this as a VIP game mode of some kind. I can set it up where you have to simply get the VIP out of the island, but if the game mode is too limited I can simply make the objective to kill him by reaching his cell. Something to note is how in the video you can see that one person has to hold the control room and activate switches while the rest need to progress to the bottom floor.

i was thinking more along the line that you should make it Infection when the mode comes out. 1 survivor is helping the Others escape and can spawn in utility’s like weapons. cover. and other things and the goal for the infected is to catch up to them and kill them and then make it to the control room and kill the helper. or it can be the other way around. where one infected is the controller and is trying to slow the survivors down.

Duck Hunt Halo 5 style

Hopefully somebody Forges a bunch of proper maps and creates an accompanying playlist that removes Sprint and Clamber.
That might get me to buy the game (though highly unlikely)

I’m a golf ball cannon enthusiast.

Hope there will be some good obstacle courses both for spartans and vehicles (always loved them)

Making a large covenant ship as a map will be really cool. Using your imagination to create a map is the purpose of Forge!!!

I have a tradition: I always try to forge a map that has tunnels under a main floor, and I always make a really balenced BTB map with a HUGE D*** in the background

From the sounds of what forge is meant to be like, i will be forging my very own Halo Installation with everything you would expect to find on one. There will even be maps within this map because it sounds like we can do that. ALSO, it needs a backgroud so i will have to forge a basic looking planet for it to be next to.

And then i saw the current forge maps in matchmaking and my dreams were crushed…

> 2717573882290994;11:
> Hopefully somebody Forges a bunch of proper maps and creates an accompanying playlist that removes Sprint and Clamber.
> That might get me to buy the game (though highly unlikely)

Cough

Probably Prisoner from CE.
It’s going to be a challenge, especially with Ground Pound and the Verticality of the map, but I have a couples of ideas to balance it.

Depends on the limits of this forge.

> 2533274953693601;18:
> Probably Prisoner from CE.
> It’s going to be a challenge, especially with Ground Pound and the Verticality of the map, but I have a couples of ideas to balance it.

Prisoner is actually one of the maps being voted to be remade in my thread. i linked to it twice in this thread. But here it is anyway. Link