What are we thinking about 'The Weapon'?

The new campaign overview made me absolutely love The Weapon, but how is everyone else feeling about her?

I’ve seen opinions vary from annoying, great, lovable, and even suspicious. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

She’s adorable. Her innocence, naivety and inquisitive nature really adds a lot to the tone. I really like how distinctly different each of the three main characters are. The stoic, duty-driven, no nonsense Chief with his one-liners, the “normal guy” pilot who’s being dragged along on an impossible mission by Chief, and bubbly babytana.

I adore her, and cannot wait to see how her and chiefs dynamic evolves over the course of the game. I think she breathes some fresh air into the game in a way we haven’t seen in a while.

She seems to be a fresh alternative to our classic Cortana. One with a more naive and inexperienced design. She has a mission to lock down the rampant Cortana so maybe she is not as knowledgeable on anything other than her specific mission. I think it will be a game where instead of Chief constantly learning from the AI in his head, the AI will be learning from him. I’m excited for her to learn of all the things Chief can and will do to protect humanity and how he plans on making sure she helps him with that mission as well.

Love the Weapon.

And the banter between the Chief and Pilot/Weapon can be used to effectively re-tell the whole Halo story to a new generation.

Can’t wait for the Weapon and Cortana to meet (again?).

Since Cortana seems to have disappeared, I will be intrigued on how “The weapon” and her story arc, will interact with Cortana’s.

I’m looking forward to Chief getting to be a dad.

I honestly think she’s absolutely adorable and can’t wait to see how well their dynamic meshes. They work because just like Halo 2 Chief and Cortana they’re so vastly different but they work so well together. So if The Weapon builds up a relationship with the Chief much like Cortana did, I can see a very great duo.

I like her, a more naive Cortana who seems much more positive.

> 2533274805075298;7:
> I’m looking forward to Chief getting to be a dad.

“Chief, you mind telling me what you’re doing with that AI?”

“Sir. It’s bring your daughter to work day.”

Adorable

The first word that came to my mind was “adorable,” and it looks like I’m not the only one. Honestly, I think at this point in the Halo franchise, she’ll be more fun to have as an AI buddy than Cortana simply because Chief and Cortana already have so much history, and there’s no really good way that I can think of to progress their relationship in a natural way.

In contrast, “the Weapon” has this bubbly, childlike, and naïve quality to her that contrasts excellently with the Master Chief, who’s more grounded, grizzled, and experienced. It feels like we’re going to get more of a father-daughter this time around, and it’s intriguing to say the least.

I’ll Have to wait to play the game to see if I’ll like her ore not. I will say the forms of adult men saying she’s like a 8 year old girl and geting really excited are disturbing.:nauseated_face:

Her line “What did Cortana do exactly?” triggered me.
A smart AI that doesn’t know what Cortana did? Really 343? How can you possibly hide the most well-known piece of information from a smart AI?

Halo 5’s final mission made it clear that not only does all of humanity know her intentions but so do all the other species and AIs. So I ask again - how is it possible to hide this information from this new AI? Was she kept in some sort of vacuum? Would chief’s suit not have any records of current events? Local terminals etc that she has access to? If she was on Infinity, Roland would surely bring it up, no?

Aside from this, nice design but if I assume that she was created just like Cortana - then she could not be much different from Cortana.

> 2533274818084099;14:
> Her line “What did Cortana do exactly?” triggered me.
> A smart AI that doesn’t know what Cortana did? Really 343? How can you possibly hide the most well-known piece of information from a smart AI?
>
> Halo 5’s final mission made it clear that not only does all of humanity know her intentions but so do all the other species and AIs. So I ask again - how is it possible to hide this information from this new AI? Was she kept in some sort of vacuum? Would chief’s suit not have any records of current events? Local terminals etc that she has access to? If she was on Infinity, Roland would surely bring it up, no?
>
> Aside from this, nice design but if I assume that she was created just like Cortana - then she could not be much different from Cortana.

For sure. I think she knows more than she is letting on and may not be as innocent as we think.

> 2533274818084099;14:
> Her line “What did Cortana do exactly?” triggered me.
> A smart AI that doesn’t know what Cortana did? Really 343? How can you possibly hide the most well-known piece of information from a smart AI?
>
> Halo 5’s final mission made it clear that not only does all of humanity know her intentions but so do all the other species and AIs. So I ask again - how is it possible to hide this information from this new AI? Was she kept in some sort of vacuum? Would chief’s suit not have any records of current events? Local terminals etc that she has access to? If she was on Infinity, Roland would surely bring it up, no?
>
> Aside from this, nice design but if I assume that she was created just like Cortana - then she could not be much different from Cortana.

It triggered you?

Seriously?

Did you not consider that, given that Cortana reached out to and turned many AI’s against humanity that it could be possible that this AI created to destroy her and delete herself right after WAS indeed on a needs to know basis?

If you think about it, it totally makes sense. And its better for the story, especially newcomers. Get a trip, my friend.

I think the idea of the weapons character is interesting and has potential to be an awesome addition to the lore.

I’m really worried 343 is just going to use her as a ‘vessel’ to cure Cortana’s rampancy and end the game with Cortana and chief together again like nothing was ever wrong. I hope I’m not right on that one though because I think that would be pretty lame…

> 2533274876991706;16:
> > 2533274818084099;14:
> > Her line “What did Cortana do exactly?” triggered me.
> > A smart AI that doesn’t know what Cortana did? Really 343? How can you possibly hide the most well-known piece of information from a smart AI?
> >
> > Halo 5’s final mission made it clear that not only does all of humanity know her intentions but so do all the other species and AIs. So I ask again - how is it possible to hide this information from this new AI? Was she kept in some sort of vacuum? Would chief’s suit not have any records of current events? Local terminals etc that she has access to? If she was on Infinity, Roland would surely bring it up, no?
> >
> > Aside from this, nice design but if I assume that she was created just like Cortana - then she could not be much different from Cortana.
>
> It triggered you?
>
> Seriously?
>
> Did you not consider that, given that Cortana reached out to and turned many AI’s against humanity that it could be possible that this AI created to destroy her and delete herself right after WAS indeed on a needs to know basis?
>
> If you think about it, it totally makes sense. And its better for the story, especially newcomers. Get a trip, my friend.

If you think about it - it makes no sense.

You created a thing for one purpose but you do not give it any context? You do not teach it about its adversary’s capabilities or plans? Why? Especially since she is bound to find this out anyway when she eventually meets Cortana. Its not like Cortana would become aware of The Weapon if she knew what Cortana did.

AI’s don’t just think about nothing and idle. They see and hear far more than humans.
Cortana could tap into Covenant battle-net in Halo CE, decrypt and unlock doors on Covenant ships but this AI can’t even tune into the radio or read a newspaper? Could it be a safety measure to prevent Cortana from finding out about The Weapon? Maybe. But then can you blame her if she starts inadvertently digging for details to fill in the gaps?

The only explanation I can see is that this is a new class of smart AIs that is specifically programmed to NOT show initiative and is literally meant to purge other AIs when encountering them - like some sort of malware?

I’m loving Miss Weapon. There’s a few lines I didn’t really like but obviously she doesn’t know what’s going on.

> 2614366390849210;17:
> I think the idea of the weapons character is interesting and has potential to be an awesome addition to the lore.
>
> I’m really worried 343 is just going to use her as a ‘vessel’ to cure Cortana’s rampancy and end the game with Cortana and chief together again like nothing was ever wrong. I hope I’m not right on that one though because I think that would be pretty lame…

Yeah, I’ve been thinking it’ll probably be like that. Or maybe some sort of transfer. By ‘rampancy’ do you mean Mantle Mania? Lol

> 2614366390849210;17:
> I think the idea of the weapons character is interesting and has potential to be an awesome addition to the lore.
>
> I’m really worried 343 is just going to use her as a ‘vessel’ to cure Cortana’s rampancy and end the game with Cortana and chief together again like nothing was ever wrong. I hope I’m not right on that one though because I think that would be pretty lame…

I hope thay do I’m not part of let’s kill off Cortana’s because the old fans like here.