What are those things on the Spartans backs?

If you haven’t seen the Halo 4 RvB vids go look on the homepage and watch em.

I’m very curious as to what those things were on the back of Grif and Simmons. To me it looks like it could be Jetpack or a Glider. In the other vid Sarge has some weird looking black thing on his back.

Any thoughts on what these could be?

My first impression was a teaser for jetpack re-inclusion. It could also be a teaser for a new AA, boost pack (gives a quick superjump, not as much height/duration as a jetpack).

If you look at it it could definitly be a glider. I really don’t see a use for such a thing though… I’m mainly curious as to what the large ugly thing was on Sarges back.

> If you look at it it could definitly be a glider. I really don’t see a use for such a thing though… I’m mainly curious as to what the large ugly thing was on Sarges back.

My guess is that it looks like a place holder for the jetpack. I thought those Gundam/Virtual On mech boosters on the Spartan’s back would serve that purpose for MP anyways.

I think thats just the way the armor looks.

Booster or jetpack, it sure seems like a AA used for some kind of aerial combat at least, or similar. Still, it’s difficult to say since they’re not used actively ^^

They look awful. Hopefully if you don’t select jet pack then it won’t appear.

> I think thats just the way the armor looks.

It’s different from one video to the next. Some have the extra piece some don’t.

IDK about Sarge in the “Save the Date” video, but everyone else looks like a vastly improved jetpack. I mean, I suppose that the research that was supposedly lost on Reach could have been stored somewhere and found and now the UNSC has been working on upgrading the designs of previous AA’s to make them more efficient (and smaller). Just speculation though

perhaps 343 decided to make it obvious what AA people have instead of having a tiny glowing light that people can’t see…
#Bungie

Maybe we’re able to upgrade the jetpack through ranks and such.

Bad art design would be my guess