What are these "perks"?

No really what are these perks? Did 343 actually announce perks in halo 4 or are people just being stupid again comparing everything to cod?

Frankie made a comment shortly after the first look trailer where he said your armor would have an effect on your stats in-game.

Essentially, he confirmed perks without actually confirming them.

> Frankie made a comment shortly after the first look trailer where he said your armor would have an effect on your stats in-game.
>
> Essentially, he confirmed perks without actually confirming them.

But did he say “Perks”, no he did not.

> But did he say “Perks”, no he did not.

Whether they use the name “Perks” or not, it doesn’t change what they are.

The function of armour permutations will basically perform the function of a perk: an enhanced ability.

However, in this day and age the word ‘perk’ is commonly associated and almost married to CoD’s terminology which causes a lot of people to think the the same characteristics will be seen in Halo. This is in no way correct.

At this time we know nothing about these so called perks.

> Frankie made a comment shortly after the first look trailer where he said your armor would have an effect on your stats in-game.
>
> Essentially, he confirmed perks without actually confirming them.

He later elaborated on that, (after seeing the back lash on these forums) saying that they are NOTHING like the perks in cowadoody.

I may theory that they are not in fact perks. They are AA’s enhancements that are tied to you armor, so there wont be a traditional loadout per se, but this:
Choice of Gun
BR
DMR
AR

AA’s - certain armor pieces give you AA. So say I have Armor that is reflective of Camo AA. Shoulders, Helmet, Wrist. Sprint - Knees
I would be able to choose Camo and Sprint.
My camo would last 3/4 of the full amount and my sprint would last 1/4 of the full amount or a burst type usage.

Just a theory, you may only be able to choose one AA with the total time reflective of how many pieces you have of the set.

They are what we are already used to.

> > Frankie made a comment shortly after the first look trailer where he said your armor would have an effect on your stats in-game.
> >
> > Essentially, he confirmed perks without actually confirming them.
>
> But did he say “Perks”, no he did not.

Your right.

They just look, function, act, smell, and taste like perks.

> > > Frankie made a comment shortly after the first look trailer where he said your armor would have an effect on your stats in-game.
> > >
> > > Essentially, he confirmed perks without actually confirming them.
> >
> > But did he say “Perks”, no he did not.
>
> Your right.
>
> They just look, function, act, smell, and taste like perks.

We dont know how they function…
-_-

i got a feeling they will just be small things, extra grenade, extra ammo, extra AA power, etc

> > > > Frankie made a comment shortly after the first look trailer where he said your armor would have an effect on your stats in-game.
> > > >
> > > > Essentially, he confirmed perks without actually confirming them.
> > >
> > > But did he say “Perks”, no he did not.
> >
> > Your right.
> >
> > They just look, function, act, smell, and taste like perks.
>
> We dont know how they function…
> -_-

or their look, act and smell. We nothing of them and that’s all there is to say at this point.