What are the little things we miss from HW1

You know something I miss from Halo Wars 1? The changing music in the middle of a match when engaging a base. There was something satisfying about hearing the music get intense as you pit two armies against each other, vying to take down or defend a base. Then when you took the base down there was that brief victory tune. I dunno if it would be a little wonky to try adding to Halo Wars 2, but it would be cool to have that back.

• More Upgrade Options for each Units
  • Ingame Leaderboards for the relevant Ranked Playlists

I really miss the Disruption bomb!
We could really use it now more than ever with all these leader powers!

More unique unit upgrades
More maps and map theme variety.

Proper arbiter rage

I miss the hornet pilot guy, he always cracked me up with his boring voice and how he always sounded depressed. I guess the nightingale pilot is the spiritual successor to the hornet pilot, but hornets just aren’t the same with the new chick representing one of my favorite vehicles.

“…SIGH…hornet in the air…”

That never gets old.

Jackals, Conrad, hawks, vampires, special map control features and art style of the base menu and selector icon.

How every UNSC leader had access to a Pelican transport for 200 supplies.

-More individual map which special objectives like mercenary sentinels, mega turret or flood outbreak

• a real difference between the 2 factions,
    Covenant had a stronger hero with an ability, while UNSC had Spartans and special leaderpowers.
    -upgrades in quality and quantity which had an actual impact on the unit (hw2 is just a reduced form of this because of lazyness where most, not even all the leaders have 1 special unit and a hero)
  • the color of the units which looked more military.
    Even the colors in Multiplayer
  • the far better music
    -a campaign with an actual story which had a conclusion at the end.
    (the HW2 campaign starts with fighting Atriox and ends with fighting Atriox without achieving anything)
    -a campaign with a end which you can live with , and not an end which should just tease halo 6 campaign after they didnt do it right after a crappy Halo 5 .
    A honest DLC politic (yes I’m talking to you, awakening the greed)

Ranking denoted by little rank images and title rather than a number.

ridiculous (but tactical) ODST drop wars for tower control on fort deen.

decimating an army of armour with a cobra ambush.

#joysofwar

> 2533274881560701;4:
> More unique unit upgrades
> More maps and map theme variety.

The thing about upgrades in HW2 is that they aren’t used to increase the match’s length like HW1 does. For instance, units like flamethrowers, hunters, engineers, and hornets were completely worthless in HW1 unless certain upgrades were purchased, so people would wait a little longer to attack so they could complete their upgrades that were essential for victory. Upgrades basically padded the runtime of matches; they were filler.

In HW2, upgrades are used to make early-game units viable late-game, but not make them overpowered early-game. Hunters are good at destroying vehicles mid-game, since most vehicles at that time are very light, but when the scorpions and wraiths start rolling in, hunters need something to stay on top, to keep them viable, so at late-game, you could purchase the focused beams upgrade. You purchased the upgrade because the circumstances demanded it.

Upgrades in either game have entirely different purposes in the long run. I personally think HW2’s version of the system is better.
Darktempler0 I am commenting on your post as well. I figured you needed the explanation.

Lets not forget it was the time where the greedy a holes of Microsoft didn’t have to had a pay to win mode like blitz or req system with Shi tty cards in it.
Now they even shut down a fan made halo 3 pc mod, over 8000 people where playing at the time, because they ruined halo 4 and 5 kind of and the fans drifted off.

Super Turtling, have like 1 scarab and 50 billion engineers, once that scarab reached 3-4 stars its game over. Now the scarab is more balanced which means super turtling isn’t even half as good as it was in ye’ olden days

I miss a lot of things from the original.
-The music. The moment you start attacking a base and you get that awesome guitar solo starting your adrenaline rush. (I actually downloaded the whole sound track and listen to it at work)
-The Cobra. I just really miss that unit.
-The Explosions. Sounded more real and epic.
-The MAC Blast. Do I really need to explain that one.
-Tactical Objects on Maps. Things like extra generators, population boost, etc, made the maps more entertaining.
-The Warthog as a Scout Unit. I HATE THE JACKRABBIT.

Theres more I miss but these are ones I miss the most.

> 2533274869431087;12:
> Lets not forget it was the time where the greedy a holes of Microsoft didn’t have to had a pay to win mode like blitz or req system with Shi tty cards in it.
> Now they even shut down a fan made halo 3 pc mod, over 8000 people where playing at the time, because they ruined halo 4 and 5 kind of and the fans drifted off.

Let’s keep it tasteful Dark, please. This is just a forum post to reminisce on the things we liked from HW1, not go on any rants.

> 2535431243595189;13:
> Super Turtling, have like 1 scarab and 50 billion engineers, once that scarab reached 3-4 stars its game over. Now the scarab is more balanced which means super turtling isn’t even half as good as it was in ye’ olden days

Lol, that was always a pain to stop, and the ways to stop it were so strange. You needed a Cutter 4x Mac to red bar the engineers and weaken the scarab, Vampires to lockdown the engineers and kill and stop them from healing, and a full force of jump pack brutes to keep the scarab shooting only half the time with electric shot.

> 2533274888442030;15:
> > 2533274869431087;12:
> > Lets not forget it was the time where the greedy a holes of Microsoft didn’t have to had a pay to win mode like blitz or req system with Shi tty cards in it.
> > Now they even shut down a fan made halo 3 pc mod, over 8000 people where playing at the time, because they ruined halo 4 and 5 kind of and the fans drifted off.
>
> Let’s keep it tasteful Dark, please. This is just a forum post to reminisce on the things we liked from HW1, not go on any rants.

Sry just the frustration about modern day gaming development came through.
I know the developer like 343 and the employes like Postums and so on want to make a good game, which player like, and most time the publisher is the one which gives the instruction for in game currency and so on.
343 keep the good work up.

Being able to scroll around the map with the fog of war lifted after a match was complete. It allowed you to see where you possibly went wrong if you lost or see what base set ups the enemy had.

Rebel Controlled Bases!!!

I liked the music more in HW1 HW2 has a pretty nice score but nothing I find quite as stand outstandish.
I feel almost everthing else is better in HW2 though, maybe I’ll edit this if I can think of anyhting else. Maybe how the maps had a bit more variety although in 2s this was just the special hooks in the game which meant you had to play a certain way on certain maps. Overall with how many different units are actually good in HW2 there is a LOT more variety.