What are the Guardians guarding?

Forerunners typically built elaborate creations for multifaceted purposes so the question is: What are the Guardians guarding? The Halos are weapons built for the destruction and also the containment of the flood so could the Guardians be designed with similar intentions and be weapon while being a prison for a old unknown threat?

What have they ever been guarding? They prevent you from straying too far off the battlefield.

> 2533274841696107;2:
> What have they ever been guarding? They prevent you from straying too far off the battlefield.

I assume they are guarding important installations… Not a lot of guardian lore at the moment despite their importance to halo

> 2533274841696107;2:
> What have they ever been guarding? They prevent you from straying too far off the battlefield.

No.

They are guarding Earth’s last city from the Darkness.

They are guarding their treasure. They are like space pirates. The one that pops out of the ground is like a parrot. He wants a cracker.

On a serious note, I never really thought about it. I just assumed they were protecting the Halo rings from being arbitrarily set off, or to ensure that the universe wasn’t destroyed whenever something got out. Idk

But when were they built? And by who?

A long time ago by the Forerunners.

Yeah, and who’s watching The Watchmen?

> 2533274809220485;6:
> But when were they built? And by who?

That’s the million dollar question, isn’t it? They look very Forerunner inspired to me, but what generation built them and what for?

The Traveler.

But depending on the location of the Guardians, they may be a first response kinda of machine in the event of extra-galactic threats assuming they are near the borders of the galaxy. I doubt that, but its a thought.

Important stuff.

That being said I like that we know so little about them, love my games with some mystery to start with.

> 2533274803493024;8:
> Yeah, and who’s watching The Watchmen?
>
>
> > 2533274809220485;6:
> > But when were they built? And by who?
>
>
> That’s the million dollar question, isn’t it? They look very Forerunner inspired to me, but what generation built them and what for?

Indeed, they might be forerunner built but let’s not forget that the forerunners were also divided, had many factions with interests, and époques.

Good question.

Maybe they are guarding the domain or the halos. I have a feeling that the chief is being tricked by the warden eternal into helping him awake the guardians. I have a feeling this warden eternal is taking orders from the didact to trick 117 so that he can destroy humanity once and for all because he hates us.

A possible hint at this is when the Guardian in the e3 2013 trailer is orange glow and the e3 2015 guardian is blue glow.

Just a thought

> 2533274841696107;2:

Also the prevent you from getting the front row seat in giant explosions…

> 2533274824409174;4:
> > 2533274841696107;2:
> > What have they ever been guarding? They prevent you from straying too far off the battlefield.
>
>
> No.
>
> They are guarding Earth’s last city from the Darkness.

God, the Destiny story was so bad…

When you make the enemy faction some mysterious nobody called the “Darkness” I have to ask if the writing staff was over the age of 10.

> 2533274981477006;3:
> > 2533274841696107;2:
> > What have they ever been guarding? They prevent you from straying too far off the battlefield.
>
>
> I assume they are guarding important installations… Not a lot of guardian lore at the moment despite their importance to halo

Well the Guardians killed me many times in Halo 3 when I strayed too far from the map…

They’re guarding the almighty space mop.

> 2533274913936758;14:
> > 2533274824409174;4:
> > > 2533274841696107;2:
> > > What have they ever been guarding? They prevent you from straying too far off the battlefield.
> >
> >
> > No.
> >
> > They are guarding Earth’s last city from the Darkness.
>
>
> God, the Destiny story was so bad…

What story?