What are the characters new motives?

How does the Librarian fit into Halo 5? Or did I miss something?
How will Arbiter fit into the new part of the Halo story?
Will Cortana be revived?
Where does Dr. Halsey fall into place?
What are the Forerunners intentions?

> How does the Librarian fit into Halo 5? Or did I miss something?
> How will Arbiter fit into the new part of the Halo story?
> Will Cortana be revived?
> Where does Dr. Halsey fall into place?
> What are the Forerunners intentions?

Why do people in this forum post these type of questions when we don’t know anything about the game yet, as far as we know it could be Chief watching how Forerunner paint dries.

But let’s put it simple:
She won’t, she is dead.
Who knows, we don’t even know if we play as MC at all.
No, she won’t, fans are already pissed of at Guilty Spark rising from the dead and Halsey being put in constant negative daylight, the last thing we need is a deus ex machina to revive Cortana.
That humans inherit the mantle, why do you think the Librarian gave us the Janus Key? Or why Forerunner technology tends to work for us? The Didact is just blaming the humans as he believes we are the reason behind the Flood.

It’s difficult to say with what little we know about Halo 5: Guardians

The Librarian fits into all Halo media in one way or another. Perhaps her ancilla survives elsewhere, or her physical form still lives. Her will survives through Humanity mostly, in the many geas she left in their genetic information.

The Arbiter is rumored to take a large part in Halo 5: Guardians, as he is seen speaking with SPARTAN Locke in the MCC trailer. Also there have been notions that the new title will take place on Sanghelios in part, but there is no such confirmation. Last we know he was fighting a civil war on his own planet against an insurrection funded by ONI, and he attended peace talks with the Jiralhanae Chieftain Lydus with Lord Hood and Captain Lasky.

It is generally accepted that the Cortana we know is dead and not able to be revived. Her storage chip was destroyed aboard Mantles Approach and she succumbed to rampancy, as all AI’s must. Chief may be provided another AI from a Halsey clone but it’s highly unlikely and still wouldn’t be Cortana.

Dr. Halsey was last seen traveling with the rogue Sangheili Jul 'Mdama, and wants “revenge” on either the UNSC or ONI for their attempt at assassinating her by the hand of SPARTAN Sarah Palmer. While she vocalized this, it may be true that she feels completely different, but it’s impossible to tell. She is an expert at deception and a genius at any rate. She will definitely play a huge part in Halo 5: Guardians, especially if she meets John.

There is only one Forerunner alive that we know of, and that’s the Didact. And it’s pretty clear what his intentions are, at least towards Humanity.

Thank you, and could you be a little less rude next time.
I did not even know that others have posted about these things.

Thank you Ndas Sroam.
Great replies. I always new the Dr. had
something against the UNSC and wanted revenge, but many
people told me it was a lie.

> Dr. Halsey was last seen traveling with the rogue Sangheili Jul 'Mdama, and wants “revenge” on either the UNSC or ONI for their attempt at assassinating her by the hand of SPARTAN Sarah Palmer. While she vocalized this, it may be true that she feels completely different, but it’s impossible to tell. She is an expert at deception and a genius at any rate. She will definitely play a huge part in Halo 5: Guardians, especially if she meets John.
>
> There is only one Forerunner alive that we know of, and that’s the Didact. And it’s pretty clear what his intentions are, at least towards Humanity.

And yet someone made a Halsey’s gift to humanity thread…and even without that information it had huge flaws (didn’t cross my mind as it was wrong on AIs in the first place).

Iso Didact and several Forerunners were still alive at the end of the wars, they left the galaxy though. It’s what Iso Didact meant with the Great Journey.

> Thank you, and could you be a little less rude next time.
> I did not even know that others have posted about these things.

Well could you next time wait till E3 2015 when we have generally more information (if you could call Chief wearing a cloak any information at all) about the story? Because it is really annoying to see these heavy speculations threads where a lot of times the creators (this includes you) are not aware of all the cannon and create speculation that is easily contradicted with has been given quite a while ago (or in this case, ask questions that have been answered or can absolutely not be answered at all).

But speculating about potential storylines is fun, it’s the story that keeps me playing Halo :slight_smile:

Is it just me or doe these questions sound like advertising taglines?

OT: No idea, we have too little information at the moment and Halo 5 isn’t out yet.

The Librarian probably fit into everything and everywhere since she seems like a bunch of space Magic.

Arbiter will probably have quite some role in Halo 5(hopefully too). Maybe we’ll get to fight during the Sangheili war.

I actually don’t think Cortana’s dead. I think they’re doing a gravemind with Didact and that Cortana is with him in some way.

I hoping for Chief to meet Halsey. I’d say that’s the next step after Cortana’s death for John to evolve as a person.

And for the Forerunners we’ll just have to wait and see if more appear.

> Thank you, and could you be a little less rude next time.
> I did not even know that others have posted about these things.

He wasn’t being rude at all. You really need to read and look if a topic similar to the one you desire to post is already there. A lot of these threads already do exist and it looks like you need answers, so find them in those threads.