What are the chances of a Jackpot Weekend??

I am curious to see if 343 will dish one out. What do you think the chances are?

well I haven’t been on reach today, but when Bungie had control the jackpot would have been out by now.

> well I haven’t been on reach today, but when Bungie had control the jackpot would have been out by now.

Yeah, it’s still not up. To tell you the truth I am just curious to see the announcement page after the transition.

> I am curious to see if 343 will dish one out. What do you think the chances are?

I hope they do… But for some reason, I don’t think they will… Unless there ends up being tons of ppl who complain about it. But even then, as much as I liked the jackpot weekends and want em back, I dont think 343 will do it.

> > I am curious to see if 343 will dish one out. What do you think the chances are?
>
> I hope they do… But for some reason, I don’t think they will… Unless there ends up being tons of ppl who complain about it. But even then, as much as I liked the jackpot weekends and want em back, I dont think 343 will do it.

Why wouldn’t they? What reason is there for not doing one, seeing as it was a feature which was greatly recieved by the community?

> > > I am curious to see if 343 will dish one out. What do you think the chances are?
> >
> > I hope they do… But for some reason, I don’t think they will… Unless there ends up being tons of ppl who complain about it. But even then, as much as I liked the jackpot weekends and want em back, I dont think 343 will do it.
>
> Why wouldn’t they? What reason is there for not doing one, seeing as it was a feature which was greatly recieved by the community?

Well I guess I should just say I don’t think they’ll do them as regularly, IF they do… Cause don’t get me wrong, I loved playing a few extra games to score some extra cr and would love to do it again.

But if I had to guess, I think bungie just started doin that for their last couple of months with Halo, sort of as another ‘goodbye’ gift. Cause if you remember, they pretty much had them every consecutive weekend until bungie day… And even a couple weeks after I think.

So maybe the chances are good they bring them back, but I don’t see them happening regularly… More like CoD double EXP, only for special events and stuff. Just my opinion though.

> I think bungie just started doin that for their last couple of months with Halo, sort of as another ‘goodbye’ gift. Cause if you remember, they pretty much had them every consecutive weekend until bungie day… And even a couple weeks after I think.

They were doing Super Jackpot Weekends well before Bungie Day, but they were increasing in payout every week, peaking at 30k the week of Bungie Day. The last few weeks they’ve been at 15k and it’s come to be an expected feature that is now absent.

> … it’s come to be an expected feature that is now absent.

And it has made me sad. LOL

What game mode is it this week?

We checked the backend Matchmaking queue, and it was empty. So it’s not that we stopped the Jackpot Weekends, it’s that there weren’t any more planned. I’m not sure what the future holds as right now we’re focused on maintenance, but the second we get to the point where we’re ready to update things, we’ll let you know.

> We checked the backend Matchmaking queue, and it was empty. So it’s not that we stopped the Jackpot Weekends, it’s that there weren’t any more planned. I’m not sure what the future holds as right now we’re focused on maintenance, but the second we get to the point where we’re ready to update things, we’ll let you know.

I see. That’s a bummer…However, thanks so much for the update it is VERY appreciated!!! :smiley:

> > I think bungie just started doin that for their last couple of months with Halo, sort of as another ‘goodbye’ gift. Cause if you remember, they pretty much had them every consecutive weekend until bungie day… And even a couple weeks after I think.
>
> They were doing Super Jackpot Weekends well before Bungie Day, but they were increasing in payout every week, peaking at 30k the week of Bungie Day. The last few weeks they’ve been at 15k and it’s come to be an expected feature that is now absent.

Obviously you misunderstood… I didn’t say that the super jackpots were created just a couple of months ago, I know they’ve been around for a while… but as far as I remember they didnt used to do them EVERY weekend until about May. I could be wrong, but that’s just how I remember it.