What are some people thinking ?

I have read a lot of threads from people bashing halo 4 and what I can’t understand is people referring to age old games they can’t let go of like halo 2 saying its the best halo, and comments like bungie was better at making halo games etc.

I want to begin with the fact that halo 4 is by far the best halo ever made, 343 did an incredible job, the single and multiplayer are the best halo has ever seen and I hope 343 doesn’t listen to the whines of these old school halo gamers to change halo 4 into past halos, here’s why.

343 borrowed some of the best multiplayer features in gaming which elevated halo 4 to greatness, ideas such as perks, loadouts and more. Obviously those ideas came from call of duty which is the most successful game franchise in history, starting from modern warfare 2, cod has set and reset its own record as the highest selling game in the history of video games, that’s actual fact that can be found anywhere on the net.

Borrowing from cod was an intelligent move from 343, why wouldn’t they do that ? Borrow ideas from the biggest game franchise in history to make halo 4 appealing the mass majority of shooter fans ? It’s a leap forward for halo, I honestly don’t want to play the same crappy halo multiplayer over and over, same yoink different year.

Some people need to let go of bungies failure and move into the future of gaming. Obviously gamers want aspects like perks and weapon loadouts or cod wouldn’t be as successful, the mass majority of shooter fans want fast action with fast killing, not the crap bungie shelled out for years where people would empty an entire clip point blank, throw two grenades melee and MAYBE kill somebody, RIDICULOUS CHILD LIKE GAMEPLAY, yeah if we thank bungie for anything it’s for keeping the shooters genre back and dating it 10 years of the same crap with different titles wrapped in different box art.

343 also increased the graphics significantly, something halo desperately needed from the start. Granted halo 1 was graphically good for the console and tech limitations of its time but here we are 2012 with graphics that people couldn’t imagine even 4 years ago, 343 made halo eye candy.

Every halo except halo 4 is the exact same ridiculous gameplay for multiplayer, it’s outdated and got old after halo 2, developers usually expand games with each new title but oh no not bungie, they catered to kids which explains why halo is the most kid populated shooter and ever halo rated M, so that’s not an excuse. 343 elevated halo catering to the older hardcore shooter gamers, something bungie should have done from halo 1.

343 also assembled the best halo story ever, not quiet master chief while cortana spews out static orders to the chief game after game, but instead 343 made a much more deep, rich, more serious story, again catering more to the mature gamer which is what halo is rated for, and extremely amazing voice acting, better than most games in any genre. The production of halo 4 is huge and I don’t think enough people appreciate the blood and sweat 343 poured into halo 4.

Too many people looking at the past, a washed up and thankfully OVER developer like bungie. The future is 343, there’s no point in trying to nag 343 to make halo 4 into something it’s not, whining about the over power of the DMR ? Please, I’m over joyed its that powerful and I hope 343 doesn’t change that or ANY aspect of halo 4. I know halo 4 has some bugs etc but give it time for god sake, the game is merely over a month old and there aren’t many bugs or exploits compared to most games on release. 343 did a PHENOMENAL job and I hope 343 sticks to their guns in making halo 5.

Ill close by saying everything I’ve said in the thread is my opinions, I know people won’t like what I had to say but I feel according to the gaming industry of which I am a 30 year experienced gamer, 343 brought a game that the mass majority of shooter fans want in any shooter, the sales of the big shooter games speak for themselves.

I expect flamers and trolls but I really don’t care, I have my opinion which I stated and they will post theirs. I’m speaking on behalf of the mass majority of gamers out there who have been waiting for a halo like halo 4 since halo 1, the record sales of the biggest shooters back up some of my opinions stated.

343, keep going guys and don’t let the old school fanboys hold you back or tell you to change your masterpiece, I look forward to halo 5 and I’m really enjoying halo 4 EXACTLY THE WAY YOU MADE IT FROM LAUNCH and I know you know you gained a lot more of a halo audience when you expanded on the graphics, gameplay, and overall production. THANK YOU 343!

> I have read a lot of threads from people bashing halo 4 and what I can’t understand is people referring to age old games they can’t let go of like halo 2 saying its the best halo, and comments like bungie was better at making halo games etc.

Well, I would say Halo 3 was the ideal Halo game. It had a solid population for years and a robust system of Custom Game options and Forge to keep the Custom game population playing. Hours of my time were spent Forging, playing custom Zombies variants and more. Can’t say the same now.

> <mark>I want to begin with the fact that halo 4 is by far the best halo ever made,</mark> 343 did an incredible job, the single and multiplayer are the best halo has ever seen and I hope 343 doesn’t listen to the whines of these old school halo gamers to change halo 4 into past halos, here’s why.

That isn’t really a fact. I could point out the many flaws of the single players storyline fairly easily if you want me to.

> 343 borrowed some of the best multiplayer features in gaming which elevated halo 4 to greatness, ideas such as perks, loadouts and more. Obviously those ideas came from call of duty which is the most successful game franchise in history, starting from modern warfare 2, cod has set and reset its own record as the highest selling game in the history of video games, that’s actual fact that can be found anywhere on the net.

I’d argue the most successful franchise would be Mario since he has been around for years and continues to be a top seller. Doesn’t mean Halo needs to have fireballs and raccoon suits. But still, I get why 343i used some of Call of Duty’s features, the thing is though that they offer little for the players who don’t want to play that way.

> Borrowing from cod was an intelligent move from 343, why wouldn’t they do that ? Borrow ideas from the biggest game franchise in history to make halo 4 appealing the mass majority of shooter fans ? It’s a leap forward for halo, <mark>I honestly don’t want to play the same crappy halo multiplayer over and over, same yoink different year.</mark>

You don’t want to play the same game over and over again, but you want Halo to borrow ideas from a franchise that does? What exactly made the tried-and-true formula of Halo bad anyway? Halo 2 and Halo 3 proved that it worked and other games copied it.

> Some people need to let go of bungies failure and move into the future of gaming. Obviously gamers want aspects like perks and weapon loadouts or cod wouldn’t be as successful, the mass majority of shooter fans want fast action with fast killing, not the crap bungie shelled out for years where people would empty an entire clip point blank, throw two grenades melee and MAYBE kill somebody, RIDICULOUS CHILD LIKE GAMEPLAY, yeah if we thank bungie for anything it’s for keeping the shooters genre back and dating it 10 years of the same crap with different titles wrapped in different box art.

Explain what Bungie failed at since it was their Halo games that shaped up the shooter market as we know it today.

> 343 also increased the graphics significantly, something halo desperately needed from the start. Granted halo 1 was graphically good for the console and tech limitations of its time but here we are 2012 with graphics that people couldn’t imagine even 4 years ago, 343 made halo eye candy.

Good graphics don’t make a game though.

> Every halo except halo 4 is the exact same ridiculous gameplay for multiplayer, it’s outdated and got old after halo 2, developers usually expand games with each new title but oh no not bungie, they catered to kids which explains why halo is the most kid populated shooter and ever halo rated M, so that’s not an excuse. 343 elevated halo catering to the older hardcore shooter gamers, something bungie should have done from halo 1.

Past Halo gameplay is not outdated. I’d argue it is more skillful that the shooters of today that are just a spray of bullets and lead and explosions. The shooters of today are all style and no substance. Past Halos were both. You have no idea what you are talking about, that much is clear.

> 343 also assembled the best halo story ever, not quiet master chief while cortana spews out static orders to the chief game after game, but instead 343 made a much more deep, rich, more serious story, again catering more to the mature gamer which is what halo is rated for, and extremely amazing voice acting, better than most games in any genre. The production of halo 4 is huge and I don’t think enough people appreciate the blood and sweat 343 poured into halo 4.

You still want to know why Halo 4’s story isn’t as good as you make it sound?

> Too many people looking at the past, a washed up and thankfully OVER developer like bungie. The future is 343, there’s no point in trying to nag 343 to make halo 4 into something it’s not, whining about the over power of the DMR ? Please, I’m over joyed its that powerful and I hope 343 doesn’t change that or ANY aspect of halo 4. I know halo 4 has some bugs etc but give it time for god sake, the game is merely over a month old and there aren’t many bugs or exploits compared to most games on release. 343 did a PHENOMENAL job and I hope 343 sticks to their guns in making halo 5.

Bungie wasn’t bad though and Destiny is likely going to be a big hit. Maybe even bigger than Halo.

> Ill close by saying everything <mark>I’ve said in the thread is my opinions,</mark> I know people won’t like what I had to say but I feel according to the gaming industry of which I am a 30 year experienced gamer, 343 brought a game that the mass majority of shooter fans want in any shooter, the sales of the big shooter games speak for themselves.

So why did you call them facts earlier?

> I expect flamers and trolls but I really don’t care, I have my opinion which I stated and they will post theirs. I’m speaking on behalf of the mass majority of gamers out there who have been waiting for a halo like halo 4 since halo 1, the record sales of the biggest shooters back up some of my opinions stated.
>
> 343, keep going guys and don’t let the old school fanboys hold you back or tell you to change your masterpiece, I look forward to halo 5 and I’m really enjoying halo 4 EXACTLY THE WAY YOU MADE IT FROM LAUNCH and I know you know you gained a lot more of a halo audience when you expanded on the graphics, gameplay, and overall production. THANK YOU 343!

Frankly I hope Halo 5 is better than Halo 4. Poorly told story, lack of custom game options, bad Forge environments, shoddy multiplayer, it needs improvement. Course, that is just my opinion.

[deleted]

Halos 2 and 3 had WORKING gameplay, which is why it didn’t change much, it didn’t need to, CoD doesn’t have the finesse that Halos 2 and 3 had because of how pretty much all guns are the same and the below-par map design.

I love H4, but that is utter nonsense. Halo is changing and evolving, but that doesn’t make Halo 3-era gameplay bad.

It was a stupid move to borrow from CoD, no one will be better at making CoD than CoD

I expected flaming but most people so far are giving their opinion which is opposite mine, obviously I disagree but everybody has freedom to post their opinion. Only one post was flaming with a little opinion, the guy who quoted everything I posted, in his case he has no clue what he’s talking about, I’m not about to get into a pointless argument with somebody who doesn’t understand nor have basic knowledge about halo, games or the industry itself both past and present.

I expected flamers, doesn’t bother me, I do like to see everybody else posting their opinions even if I don’t agree, some strong debatable points made.

343, don’t change halo 4, it’s perfect, amazing game. There is a minority asking for ridiculous changes such as lowing the power of the DMR, it’s gameplay aspects like that which make your game better than every halo, there are others I know you’re aware of, that’s a quick example, please change nothing, you made what every hardcore shooter gamer has wanted from a halo game from the beginning of bungies failures,

I know you’re also aware that hardcore shooter fans are the market now, a good example of proof is that halo 4 is 2nd on xbox live top 10 played games right now, second to ( oh what a surprise ) black ops II.

Stick to your guns no pun intended and keep bringing the gamers more amazing halo games. You saved the halo franchise and helped break the dry spell of killer app games.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

let’s be honest, you only love this game because it’s you friendly (aka noob friendly). You went from a 0.67 in Halo Reach to like a 1.03, and you’re loving it. But that’s exactly what everyone else hates about it, it’s that it allows people like you to do better simply because they felt bad for you and they don’t want you to leave the game because you’re awful at it.

>

Stat-flaming. Very mature.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Stopped at “halo 4 is by far the best halo ever made”.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Call it what you want. It’s the truth. This game is noob friendly and noobs love it.

> the mass majority of shooter fans want fast action with fast killing, not the crap bungie shelled out for years

A lot of issues with this statement.

1. 343 should be appealing to Halo shooter fans, not just shooter fans

2. Fast paced gameplay was done horribly. Instant respawn, disappearing weapons, long shield recharge waiting time, weapons that can kill in seconds, 1 hit kill guns. These were all implemented because they chose to leave Sprint in core gameplay…

3. Halo 4 campaign combat is as follows.

Vs. Prometheans: long drawn out grinding and playing it safe from long range. Often, it’s better to skip them and you can skip 90% of them IIRC.
vs. Covies: more methodical, have to think about ammo conservation

The campaign is the slowest in combat. You could kill the AI pretty fast in the trilogy, which is why there were large numbers of them. But in Halo 4, the AI are so powerful there’s simply not enough of them. Extremely small scale engagements (even Reach had a large number of enemies, enough to make the game lag…).

I don’t even know where to begin to address that post, especially considering it’s probably a troll post and you are criticizing Halo for not being CoD.

If you don’t understand what “people are thinking”, just actually read their arguments, that’s all I’m going to say.

>

Watch out, we have a Halo-Pro over Here!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

You don’t like when people say they liked the old halos the best, well I don’t like when people say they like the new Halos the best. Suck on that

I also stopped readin once you said Halo 4 is the best Halo by far. You are delusional

> >
>
> Watch out, we have a Halo-Pro over Here!

No I’m over here>

>

Not only that, he hated on the old Halos.

It’s like, if you don’t like Halo, why would you buy a Halo game?

Halo shouldn’t change, people should just not buy it if they don’t like it. I don’t like CoD, but I’m not asking for CoD to become Halo either.

Not that hard.

I mean sure, wanting the game to innovate is fine. But wanting the game to change its core just because you don’t like that core, that makes no sense.

> > > Call it what you want. It’s the truth. This game is noob friendly and noobs love it.
> >
> > Watch out, we have a Halo-Pro over Here!
>
> No I’m over here>

You mean over there?

Why do you say its your opinion and you don’t want flame yet you REPEATEDLY said “bungies failures”. Right, like a stupid statement like that won’t get flames. IMO halo has always slowly gotten worse. Halo 1 was simple and fun, it was the best. I like having unrealistic health and shields so there are actual firefights.

wow i couldn’t disagree more bungie was the best game developers ever they knew what made the core halo community happy and they stuck with it making little changes here and there(with the exception of reach of coarse) im not bashing 343 but bungie was way better in my opinion