What are some of your "must play" 360 titles?

Beyond Halo of course, what are your three must play 360 titles and why? I’m always looking to expand my modest library.

Here are mine:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
-Incredibly immersive cyberpunk settings
-incredible soundtrack
-Stealth gameplay that is actually meaningful
-Makes you think about how themes in the game relate to life

Max Payne 3
-One of the best single player stories and settings I’ve played through
-Precise and beautiful gunplay
-Profound character immersion, you really feel like you’re playing as Max
-The cinematics, not only are exceptionally crafted but smoothly transitions the player from situation to situation

Dark Souls (Dark Souls II for 2014)
-An actual challenging game for once, rewards are earned and not handed out.
-Diverse gameplay, each weapon responds differently to the player and environment and requires individual mastery. Not a mindless hack and slash game
-Harkens back to old school RPGs, “There’s a fork in the road, do you go left or right?”. Each choice takes the player somewhere meaningful.
-Freedom, you’re basically given a sword and told to go. Where? That’s up to you.

> EDIT: Im back! Now with links for a trailer for each game!

Pretty good idea. I’ve added some too.

The BioShock series
-Must I say more?

Borderlands 2
-Tons of guns and enemies.
What more could you want?

Alan Wake
-underrated game, that is just simply amazing, and I think everyone who likes a good story should play it.

Portal 2
-Its Portal 2.

EDIT: Im back! Now with links for a trailer for each game!

Halo 2,3 Reach and 4

(Amazing the graphics going from 2 to 4 on the same system!)

Need for Speed games.

That’s about it.

Mass effect trilogy: due to the expansive well told story and the multiplayer in the third is kind of addictive (hard to start with since you have bad weapons etc.)

Gears of war trilogy (judgement if your willing): another great, skillful and addictive title with 3rd person multiplayer and a power weapon system like halo. The story’s ok but its visual art style is really nice.

Dishonoured: now this may not be a huge title but it has a really good story with an interesting plot twist and the DLC even furthers that with one of the interesting characters and flips your views on them. The gameplay is really fun, puzzling and has many ways to do each little thing.

Any TES or Fallout 3/NV are a must have for any RPG lover since they are just epic, enough said (although skyrim isnt as expansive as Oblivion or NV isnt as good as Fallout 3)

If you love survival horror then you might want to try out dead space. If you dare!!!

Space marine is a good game but if you dont much about warhammer 40,000 then I sort of go against it but its worth a try

Personally Im not massively into Borderlands but I can understand why theyre fun and liked by many.

For right now, all I can say is:

BioShock

BioShock 2

BioShock Infinite :slight_smile:

Gears of war and the walking dead games are mine.

The OP said “Xbox 360 Games” so I’m hesitant to name crossover titles (not including PC). Don’t believe anyone that says the Mass Effect trilogy. The trilogy is garbage, ME1 is fantastic though. Used to be a 360 exclusive.

As far as Microsoft exclusives go, I’m going to say Alan Wake. Great story, fun gameplay. Riveting. I believe I’m echoing an above statement about this game.

BioShock Infinite is an amazing game, although not an exclusive. Best game of 2013, the story is THAT good.

> The OP said “Xbox 360 Games” so I’m hesitant to name crossover titles (not including PC). Don’t believe anyone that says the Mass Effect trilogy. <mark>The trilogy is garbage</mark>, ME1 is fantastic though. Used to be a 360 exclusive.
>
> As far as Microsoft exclusives go, I’m going to say Alan Wake. Great story, fun gameplay. Riveting. I believe I’m echoing an above statement about this game.
>
> BioShock Infinite is an amazing game, although not an exclusive. Best game of 2013, the story is THAT good.

In what sense, gameplay? Story? If anything the gameplay of the first one is bad in comparison and had only the depth and exploration over the others.

Mine would have to be (excluding halo games)

Minecraft: Xbox 360 edition

Gears of war trilogy

And TES 4: Oblivion

> The OP said “Xbox 360 Games” so I’m hesitant to name crossover titles (not including PC).

You can talk about anything that’s on the 360

Oh boy, this is a hard one. For Xbox 360, I would say:

Fallout 3

• fantastic open world environment.
  • tons of historical background and references to the surrounding Washington D.C. area.
    -weapon crafting, customization, and character building all contribute to the RPG FPS playstyle.
    -Variety of choices between Good and Evil, options, and choosing different paths within the story

Elder Scrolls Oblivion + Skyrim

-Beautiful OST.
-Expansive open world environment.
-tons of in game choices.
-character progression, weapon variety, magic, and much more.

Bioshock
(First game, not Infinite)

-Excellent story
-Ability to carry all weapons for use in different situations.
-New areas provide different challenges
-tons of shocking moments
-still looks good for being around six years old!

Lol sorry but it’s way too true for me not to put it in.

-Halo Reach
-Minecraft

Those are my only two, but I actually just got portal 2 and am really enjoying it.

-Bioshock Infinite
-Telltale’s The Walking Dead
-Portal 2

Bioshock Infinite

• It’s a master piece
    -Very original
    -Very fun

Sleeping Dogs
-Great open world game

• My personal favorite storyline out of every game i’ve played.

-Far Cry 3

• Good story line
    -kindof like Skyrim
    -Lots of stuff to do
  • your on a Beautiful island

Some other good games: Saints row the third and IV, Dmc, Gears of war 3, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon and Skyrim.

My favorites on the 360 are Dragon Age Origins, Halo 3, Dark Souls and Fable 2.

Dragon age review: http://www.gamespot.com/dragon-age-origins/
I don’t think any game let’s your choices affect the story as much in Dragon age.

Fable 2 review: http://www.gamespot.com/fable-ii/

Dark Souls review: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/dark-souls-review/1900-6337621/

> Sleeping Dogs
> -Great open world game
> - My personal favorite storyline out of every game i’ve played.

I’ve been looking to get Sleeping Dogs for quite some time. Huge fan of Hong Kong action and I’ve been told it honours many of its themes.

> My favorites on the 360 are Dragon Age Origins, Halo 3, Dark Souls and <mark>Fable 2</mark>.

I’ll be honest, I thought Fable 2 was terrible. I’m interested to know what redeeming qualities earned it a place on your top 3.

Section 8 Prejudice
High concept FPS gameplay that goes to show just how far we haven’t come in the big franchises. This is probably my all time favorite game on any platform.

WH4k: Space Marine
Bubble wrap in shooter format with a surprisingly subtle campaign once you look just beyond all the radical ork-bashing. One of the very finest applications of the Sci-Fi shooter.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Just a damn well put together tactical shooter with great co-op potential. It’s hosted some of the best moments I’ve had on the Xbox 360 and easily deserves a recommendation.

Portal 2
A great synthesis of critical gaming elements that’s only let down by trying to be more accessible than the first. A great poster child for this console generation, for better or worse.

> > My favorites on the 360 are Dragon Age Origins, Halo 3, Dark Souls and <mark>Fable 2</mark>.
>
> I’ll be honest, I thought Fable 2 was terrible. I’m interested to know what redeeming qualities earned it a place on your top 3.

If you have to ask about redeeming qualities (ie. functional aspects that compare well to other RPGs) you aren’t in the right frame of mind to enjoy Fable. It’s an aesthetic experience.

Bioshock Infinite.

About to be Bioshock 2, in theory.