What are some maps you don't want to see remade?

I see so many people clamouring for Guardian to return, which is crazy to me considering how unsuitable it is for Infinite’s mechanics.

The original had a lot of tension because of the slow movement speed. There were certain areas that you just couldn’t enter or cross without leaving yourself exposed, and sprint would absolutely ruin that, not to mention how frustrating it would be to use the sniper given how close quarters the map already felt.

Regarding equipment, the map is far too small to let them breath. Imagine how ridiculously cheap repulsor would be with how unavoidable the narrow pathways and ledges are (or even how overpowered the gravity hammer would be given how much its range has been increased). The grappleshot would be useful for saving yourself if you fell off the map, but its utility beyond that would likely be pretty limited compared to more vertical maps.

If we’re going to see classic arena maps remade, I’d much rather see them go with more spacious ones. There’s a reason we haven’t seen any arena maps as small as Guardian in 343’s games

> 2535470395434446;1:
> I see so many people clamouring for Guardian to return, which is crazy to me considering how unsuitable it is for Infinite’s mechanics.
>
> The original had a lot of tension because of the slow movement speed. There were certain areas that you just couldn’t enter or cross without leaving yourself exposed, and sprint would absolutely ruin that, not to mention how frustrating it would be to use the sniper given how close quarters the map already felt.
>
> Regarding equipment, the map is far too small to let them breath. Imagine how ridiculously cheap repulsor would be with how unavoidable the narrow pathways and ledges are (or even how overpowered the gravity hammer would be given how much its range has been increased). The grappleshot would be useful for saving yourself if you fell off the map, but its utility beyond that would likely be pretty limited compared to more vertical maps.
>
> If we’re going to see classic arena maps remade, I’d much rather see them go with more spacious ones. There’s a reason we haven’t seen any arena maps as small as Guardian in 343’s games

I think Guardian would work with adding some more room to all the areas. I don’t want to see midship remade. Why? Because I am kinda sick of it and honestly the map is one of the worst maps with my play style. I would like to see Ascension redone though.

Ivory Tower is my least favourite map in the series. Hated it in Halo 2, hated it even more in Reach. Not sure if this is a controversial opinion or not. Can’t imagine I’d like it in Infinite either. I find it so dull to play especially for Snipers.

Boarding Action from CE is nostalgic and hilarious for custom games, but as a multiplayer map it can really suck to play in 4vs4. Big Team is pretty funny on it. Some maps are only bad because of some gametypes being a chore to play on them.

Guardian is top of my list for maps I want to see remade. It’s just a really good map and I can see it working well in Infinite.

I really don’t want to see Avalanche from Halo 3 make a return.
Whilst the map is visually quite cool the gameplay on it is horrific, the entire match can stalemate very easily and it becomes very boring.

To touch on your Guardian comment, I think the grappleshot and repulsor on that map would be very interesting to see. A lot of opportunities for throwing people off the map and traversal over large gaps.

> 2533274792737987;2:
> > 2535470395434446;1:
> > I see so many people clamouring for Guardian to return, which is crazy to me considering how unsuitable it is for Infinite’s mechanics.
> >
> > The original had a lot of tension because of the slow movement speed. There were certain areas that you just couldn’t enter or cross without leaving yourself exposed, and sprint would absolutely ruin that, not to mention how frustrating it would be to use the sniper given how close quarters the map already felt.
> >
> > Regarding equipment, the map is far too small to let them breath. Imagine how ridiculously cheap repulsor would be with how unavoidable the narrow pathways and ledges are (or even how overpowered the gravity hammer would be given how much its range has been increased). The grappleshot would be useful for saving yourself if you fell off the map, but its utility beyond that would likely be pretty limited compared to more vertical maps.
> >
> > If we’re going to see classic arena maps remade, I’d much rather see them go with more spacious ones. There’s a reason we haven’t seen any arena maps as small as Guardian in 343’s games
>
> I think Guardian would work with adding some more room to all the areas. I don’t want to see midship remade. Why? Because I am kinda sick of it and honestly the map is one of the worst maps with my play style. I would like to see Ascension redone though.

Bruh, after Halo 5. -Yoink- midship. Never want to see that crap again.

Trick question, because I want em all. I’ve said it before, but Halo is a big boy franchise now and should be carrying its legacy (weapons, vehicles, maps and armor) with it.

> 2533274805469694;6:
> Trick question, because I want em all. I’ve said it before, but Halo is a big boy franchise now and should be carrying its legacy (weapons, vehicles, maps and armor) with it.

Problem is it isn’t COD. The map design would need to be altered in terms of spacing and such to adjust the maps for the new movement.

Along with new maps that come on top of what’s there at launch, I’m pretty much open minded, So far been really happy with the map designs, it really depends on what works, as need to take into account grapple etc.
For sure there will be some new versions of older maps, can’t really say what I wouldn’t want redone, as what map might of felt awful in a previous game could turn out great in Infinite

> 2533274792737987;7:
> The map design would need to be altered in terms of spacing and such to adjust the maps for the new movement.

Nonsense. But more importantly, not the point.

Halo needs to carry its legacy all in one place (especially a free-to-play space). It doesn’t need to be in the matchmaking rotation, but it should be available. The only reason not to do this is resource allocation.

Tbf, Forge can and does make this happen. But official ports of original scaled geometry and textures would be almost too -Yoink!-. Add on top of that legacy weapons and vehicles and now I’m getting moist.

Foundry only because it was so boring and uninspired. Also probably most maps from Halo 4 because I can not name a single one for you and that does not speak well to their design. I remember there were a few that were fun, but not very memorable overall.

> 2557401216976241;10:
> Foundry only because it was so boring and uninspired. Also probably most maps from Halo 4 because I can not name a single one for you and that does not speak well to their design. I remember there were a few that were fun, but not very memorable overall.

Haven was a fun map for a bunch of gametypes. They remade it in Halo 5 and it looked and played pretty good.

Most the 4v4 maps were not very fun although Skyline wasn’t bad either. Not many maps I’d want to ever see again from that game.

> 2535470395434446;1:
> I see so many people clamouring for Guardian to return, which is crazy to me considering how unsuitable it is for Infinite’s mechanics.
>
> The original had a lot of tension because of the slow movement speed. There were certain areas that you just couldn’t enter or cross without leaving yourself exposed, and sprint would absolutely ruin that, not to mention how frustrating it would be to use the sniper given how close quarters the map already felt.
>
> Regarding equipment, the map is far too small to let them breath. Imagine how ridiculously cheap repulsor would be with how unavoidable the narrow pathways and ledges are (or even how overpowered the gravity hammer would be given how much its range has been increased). The grappleshot would be useful for saving yourself if you fell off the map, but its utility beyond that would likely be pretty limited compared to more vertical maps.
>
> If we’re going to see classic arena maps remade, I’d much rather see them go with more spacious ones. There’s a reason we haven’t seen any arena maps as small as Guardian in 343’s games

I think guardian could work if its not an exact remake. As for maps I don’t want to see make a return, I’d say Standoff and Avalanche from Halo 3, (but I even think they could work if the layout is tweaked enough) and most of Halo 4 and Halo 5’s mp maps

I’m not too keen on seeing Haven again anytime soon. Not because I think it’s a bad map or anything, I just don’t think a map should ever appear in more than two games in a row.

Forge remakes notwithstanding. I’ll let those slide.

> 2533274810177460;13:
> I just don’t think a map should ever appear in more than two games in a row.

Midship and Blood Gulch are currently sweating profusely.

Id love to see a Wizard/Warlock true remake on the game. It’s such a fun map.

Map I don’t want to see; Midship. How many times do we got to see this freaking map in a Halo game? It was in Halo 5 and although it always plays good I just think it either needs to come years down the line or not at all.

Maps I do want to see remade: most of the Halo 5 maps (easy to port, would work well in Infinite) but not immediately after launch, aside from that narrows would be my pick.

Its important to note that any map remade in Infinite will play drastically different than they did in other Halo games, I think a map like Lockout for example would be extremely cheap with Repulsor/Grapple and would just be a nonstarter for competitive play.

Edit: also noticed that nobody giving any BTB maps some love, so Sandtrap is most obvious pick for me, just an insane map and would still work well for 12v12 (huge map)

I’ll start of by saying due to the mechanics of Infinite i dont think any map that is gonna make me that happy. Overscaling of the maps that are remade just doesnt do it for me. To answer the question I would love to see these maps remade.
Reach: Spire
CE: Ice Fields
Halo 2: Burial Mounds
Halo 3: Standoff
Halo 4: Exile
Halo 5: NO!

Ones I dont want to see remade are
Reach: Sword Base
CE: Longest
Halo 2: Backwash
Halo 3: Isolation
Halo 4: Haven

Well it’s seems that there’s a rule of 3. As in 3 maps and done. Original release, remake, 2nd remake. For example:

Hang 'Em High (CE)
Tombstone (H2)
High Noon (HR)

Blood Gulch (CE)
Coagulation (H2)
Bloodline (H2A)

Zanzibar (H2)
Last Resort (H3)
Stonetown (H2A)

Battle Creek (CE)
Beaver Creek (H2)
Battle Canyon (HR)

There are more like Midship (H2), Wizard (CE), and Sidewinder (CE). So any map that only has the original version, or a remake without a second remake is good to go for Infinite.

> 2533274845983347;15:
> Map I don’t want to see; Midship. How many times do we got to see this freaking map in a Halo game? It was in Halo 5 and although it always plays good I just think it either needs to come years down the line or not at all.
>
> Maps I do want to see remade: most of the Halo 5 maps (easy to port, would work well in Infinite) but not immediately after launch, aside from that narrows would be my pick.
>
> Its important to note that any map remade in Infinite will play drastically different than they did in other Halo games, I think a map like Lockout for example would be extremely cheap with Repulsor/Grapple and would just be a nonstarter for competitive play.
>
> Edit: also noticed that nobody giving any BTB maps some love, so Sandtrap is most obvious pick for me, just an insane map and would still work well for 12v12 (huge map)

Yeah, personally I’ve never really enjoyed Midship, and it’s been remade enough times already.

Lockout like Guardian is just too claustrophobic for sprint, repulsor, and grappleshot etc agreed

Sandtrap is literally my first pick too! It’s insane that it hasn’t officially appeared again, and Halo Infinite is literally the perfect opportunity to bring it back.

> 2535470395434446;18:
> > 2533274845983347;15:
> > Map I don’t want to see; Midship. How many times do we got to see this freaking map in a Halo game? It was in Halo 5 and although it always plays good I just think it either needs to come years down the line or not at all.
> >
> > Maps I do want to see remade: most of the Halo 5 maps (easy to port, would work well in Infinite) but not immediately after launch, aside from that narrows would be my pick.
> >
> > Its important to note that any map remade in Infinite will play drastically different than they did in other Halo games, I think a map like Lockout for example would be extremely cheap with Repulsor/Grapple and would just be a nonstarter for competitive play.
> >
> > Edit: also noticed that nobody giving any BTB maps some love, so Sandtrap is most obvious pick for me, just an insane map and would still work well for 12v12 (huge map)
>
> Yeah, personally I’ve never really enjoyed Midship, and it’s been remade enough times already.
>
> Lockout like Guardian is just too claustrophobic for sprint, repulsor, and grappleshot etc agreed
>
> Sandtrap is literally my first pick too! It’s insane that it hasn’t officially appeared again, and Halo Infinite is literally the perfect opportunity to bring it back.

Well the real issue with remaking Sandtrap is they need to remake Elephant, but regardless its one of a kind and loved by many.

Midship/Heretic, I know it’s probably an unpopular opinion here but I absolutely hate this map in 4v4 because it’s way to small and it becomes a spawn trapping mess. 1v1 or 2v2 it works fine though.