What are perks?

“Halo’s not Call of Duty,” O’Connor continued, “Halo’s a sandbox game about really emergent things. A lot of things that worked great about Call of Duty - and don’t get me wrong, I was addicted Black Ops all of last year - they do player rewards really well. We’re not trying to do the same thing, it’s as simple as that. We’re trying to do something else, and to push our game forwards and not theirs.”

They are just called perks, you guys really need to understand what he is trying to say. He’s trying to make this game FASTER and Harder, it seems like most of the people on the forums don’t want a competitive game… Which is sad…

To some people, all they heard was “perks” and they went off into a rage without knowing all of the details.

As for me, it seems very promising and I know it’ll be implemented well.

> To some people, all they heard was “perks” and they went off into a rage without knowing all of the details.
>
> As for me, it seems very promising and I know it’ll be implemented well.

Well said, frenchfry.

> To some people, all they heard was “perks” and they went off into a rage without knowing all of the details.
>
> As for me, it seems very promising and I know it’ll be implemented well.

This. ^^^^
I shall wait and see what they entail.

Actually, I DO want a competitive game.

I want a game where I can drop in as a guest on a friend’s console and have the exact same interface and options as someone who’s logged 30 days of playtime. If I die, it’s because of player skill and nothing more or less. We had the same options deploying to the field, the same controller, the same movement speed. That’s a competitive environment.

I’d love to hear your explanation of how “perks” given for playtime contribute to a competitive environment instead of destroying it.