What am I playing for? What is my goal?

Hello Halowaypoint. I would 1st off like to praise 343i for making a beautiful game and for bringing a whole new life into the Halo story. I enjoyed this new campaign more than any other from pervious Halo games. But I would like to touch base on a few things that kinda bother me in terms of matchmaking. I am also aware that I am not the 1st person to post about these things, and I am also aware that I am not the last.

Matchmaking AKA Infinity.

Halo 4 multiplayer makes my eyes bleed…
I will name a few of the reasons and will explain further after naming each one.

  1. The Infamous Boltshot, who evers idea it was to make the Boltshot an off spawn secondary weapon is limited. I personally believe the boltshot is abused in matchmaking to an extent where if you don’t use it yourself you will have the most unpleasant time of your life. Boltshot needs to turn into a on map pick up that spawns every 60 seconds with 1 full magazine (like the mauler from H3)

  2. The DMR vs The BR, There is no question the DMRs rate of fire and crazy dead on aim from nearly any distance makes it impossible to win any battle against it. The BR has turned into a joke, making the BR a 5 shot doesnt only show all previous Halo games (that had the br)) the finger, but it also makes it extremely difficult to use with success. Make the BR a 4 shot and leave the DMR as it is and it should be a pretty fair match

  3. Ordance Drops in BTB, It makes using a Warthog,Ghost,and Banshee nearly impossible. When 16 players on a single map after a solid 3 minutes all have SAWs, Rockets, Cannons, and Snipes who in their right mind would even try flying a banshee? The Tank has turned into a huge bullseye. I would definatly suggest makeing it harder to get ordances in game and when someone gets one make it a good one. Make the people for something its FUN being the only guy on the map with a rockets

  4. The SR levels, are okay I dig em but honestly how long do you expect Halo to stay alive when people have already reached maximum rank after 2 and a half months of playing the game? and this isnt 1 or 2 guys… I play maybe 20 hours a week and Im a SR118…what the hell am I supposed to work for when I hit 130? What the hell am I working for? An emblem and a notification saying i maxed out on rank…WOW thanks 343 for waisting over a 100 hours of my life -_-

  5. Ranked playlists, Please finally do something about this. Stop making us play the waiting game. Give us a date when they are coming. I have no reason to play Halo. I bought black Ops just because Im tired of seeing Haven,Abandon,Complex, and Adrift. Make the ranks visible on our service record. Give us a reason to sit in front of our Xbox’s again PLEASE.

Guys in all honesty Halo 4 is a diamond…a diamond thats currently covered in -Yoink-…I believe Halo 4 could be the best HALO ever made. But you are honestly making me lose hope in this game. You are making me not want to play Halo you have yet to give me a reason to come back the only reason I do come back is because I have a lot of hope in this game…and you guys. PLEASE for the love of god make this worth my while. Been playing for 10 years…and I want to play for 10 more GIVE ME A REASON TO

and dont get me started on the beam rifle lol

> \ I enjoyed this new campaign more than any other from pervious Halo games.

And I quit reading.

> and dont get me started on the no-scope rifle lol

fixed, anyway i dont agree with what you think about the br, its kill time would be too fast if it was a 4 shot

Why play?

Umm…to win?

> Why play?
>
> Umm…to win?

This.

If you don’t like the way the game plays, find one you do like.

  • “What am I playing for, what is my goal?”

343: Your goal is to mindlessly walk around the map for hours each day and make no real progress in our game, because players who play spartan ops will always get more xp than you. And you have no real incentive to play.

  • Well 343, why dont you add a visible ranking system in game?

343: We dont want people to cheat or boost. But here, we will put this number on waypoint called a CSR. There ya go.

  • The real reason 343 does not want a competitive ranking system, is because from a marketing standpoint, the linear exp progression system is more user friendly, and never offers disappointment, but in theory, always gives the player a reason to continue. However, that is not how it works out. At all.

I am pretty sure that 5 DMR shots are fired quicker than 5 BR or am I wrong?

> I am pretty sure that 5 DMR shots are fired quicker than 5 BR or am I wrong?

thats why the dmr needs a nerf, if the br was a 4 shot then the light rifle and carbine would just be useless
EDIT:then people will say “buff the LR and carbine!!!” and if 343i does that then all the kill times would be too fast =/

> > Why play?
> >
> > Umm…to win?
>
> This.
>
> If you don’t like the way the game plays, find one you do like.

Amen,

Lots of reasons to play.

If you cant, then play something else.

No one should torture themselves playing diamonds covered in -Yoink-.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> -
> - The real reason 343 does not want a competitive ranking system, is because from a marketing standpoint, the linear exp progression system is more user friendly, and never offers disappointment, but in theory, always gives the player a reason to continue. However, that is not how it works out. At all.

Its just re--Yoink!--ed, People are cheating in this infinity challenge. Infinty challenge there is even prizes envolved…I dont want a prize I just want my 50

> > I am pretty sure that 5 DMR shots are fired quicker than 5 BR or am I wrong?
>
> thats why the dmr needs a nerf, if the br was a 4 shot then the light rifle and carbine would just be useless
> EDIT:then people will say “buff the LR and carbine!!!” and if 343i does that then all the kill times would be too fast =/

You have a point, but how many peoples weapon of choice is the Carbine and LR? IDK how many people would truely be upset about it.

> 1. The Infamous Boltshot, who evers idea it was to make the Boltshot an off spawn secondary weapon is limited. I personally believe the boltshot is abused in matchmaking to an extent where if you don’t use it yourself you will have the most unpleasant time of your life. Boltshot needs to turn into a on map pick up that spawns every 60 seconds with 1 full magazine (like the mauler from H3)
>
> 2. The DMR vs The BR, There is no question the DMRs rate of fire and crazy dead on aim from nearly any distance makes it impossible to win any battle against it. The BR has turned into a joke, making the BR a 5 shot doesnt only show all previous Halo games (that had the br)) the finger, but it also makes it extremely difficult to use with success. Make the BR a 4 shot and leave the DMR as it is and it should be a pretty fair match
>
> 3. Ordance Drops in BTB, It makes using a Warthog,Ghost,and Banshee nearly impossible. When 16 players on a single map after a solid 3 minutes all have SAWs, Rockets, Cannons, and Snipes who in their right mind would even try flying a banshee? The Tank has turned into a huge bullseye. I would definatly suggest makeing it harder to get ordances in game and when someone gets one make it a good one. Make the people for something its FUN being the only guy on the map with a rockets
>
> 4. The SR levels, are okay I dig em but honestly how long do you expect Halo to stay alive when people have already reached maximum rank after 2 and a half months of playing the game? and this isnt 1 or 2 guys… I play maybe 20 hours a week and Im a SR118…what the hell am I supposed to work for when I hit 130? What the hell am I working for? An emblem and a notification saying i maxed out on rank…WOW thanks 343 for waisting over a 100 hours of my life -_-
>
> 5. Ranked playlists, Please finally do something about this. Stop making us play the waiting game. Give us a date when they are coming. I have no reason to play Halo. I bought black Ops just because Im tired of seeing Haven,Abandon,Complex, and Adrift. Make the ranks visible on our service record. Give us a reason to sit in front of our Xbox’s again PLEASE.

1: Boltshot is fine it takes skill to master.
2: BR can easily best DMR if you are skilled enough.
3: I can slightly understand this the ghost is fine, but the warthog needs beefing up.
4: Thats all video games and after you hit 130 ask for more specs and play custom games.
5: No.

> > and dont get me started on the no-scope rifle lol
>
> fixed, anyway i dont agree with what you think about the br, its kill time would be too fast if it was a 4 shot

if it required every single shot to land, the last being a headshot, then it would be balanced for mid to close range.

> > > Why play?
> > >
> > > Umm…to win?
> >
> > This.
> >
> > If you don’t like the way the game plays, find one you do like.
>
> Amen,
>
> Lots of reasons to play.
>
> If you cant, then play something else.
>
> No one should torture themselves playing diamonds covered in Yoink!.

I play because I have been playing Halo for a long time, I love the story, I love the Unniverse, I also loved the multiplayer. I don’t hate the multiplayer but you can not honestly tell me that Matchmaking is perfect and there are not a few things that you’d like to have changed. I voiced my opinion and Im sticking to it, Ill continue having hope. I just hope something will come that I can work with

> > 1. The Infamous Boltshot, who evers idea it was to make the Boltshot an off spawn secondary weapon is limited. I personally believe the boltshot is abused in matchmaking to an extent where if you don’t use it yourself you will have the most unpleasant time of your life. Boltshot needs to turn into a on map pick up that spawns every 60 seconds with 1 full magazine (like the mauler from H3)
> >
> > 2. The DMR vs The BR, There is no question the DMRs rate of fire and crazy dead on aim from nearly any distance makes it impossible to win any battle against it. The BR has turned into a joke, making the BR a 5 shot doesnt only show all previous Halo games (that had the br)) the finger, but it also makes it extremely difficult to use with success. Make the BR a 4 shot and leave the DMR as it is and it should be a pretty fair match
> >
> > 3. Ordance Drops in BTB, It makes using a Warthog,Ghost,and Banshee nearly impossible. When 16 players on a single map after a solid 3 minutes all have SAWs, Rockets, Cannons, and Snipes who in their right mind would even try flying a banshee? The Tank has turned into a huge bullseye. I would definatly suggest makeing it harder to get ordances in game and when someone gets one make it a good one. Make the people for something its FUN being the only guy on the map with a rockets
> >
> > 4. The SR levels, are okay I dig em but honestly how long do you expect Halo to stay alive when people have already reached maximum rank after 2 and a half months of playing the game? and this isnt 1 or 2 guys… I play maybe 20 hours a week and Im a SR118…what the hell am I supposed to work for when I hit 130? What the hell am I working for? An emblem and a notification saying i maxed out on rank…WOW thanks 343 for waisting over a 100 hours of my life -_-
> >
> > 5. Ranked playlists, Please finally do something about this. Stop making us play the waiting game. Give us a date when they are coming. I have no reason to play Halo. I bought black Ops just because Im tired of seeing Haven,Abandon,Complex, and Adrift. Make the ranks visible on our service record. Give us a reason to sit in front of our Xbox’s again PLEASE.
>
> 1: Boltshot is fine it takes skill to master.
> 2: BR can easily best DMR if you are skilled enough.
> 3: I can slightly understand this the ghost is fine, but the warthog needs beefing up.
> 4: Thats all video games and after you hit 130 ask for more specs and play custom games.
> 5: No.

1.You think Boltshot takes skill? You have to be kidding me
2.BR gets melted by the DMR mid to long range
3. AGREED
4. This game was obviously not made to last years like previous Halo Titles
5. Pubwarrior? If you don’t like it don’t play em. But there are enough people that would like a rank playlist

> > > I am pretty sure that 5 DMR shots are fired quicker than 5 BR or am I wrong?
> >
> > thats why the dmr needs a nerf, if the br was a 4 shot then the light rifle and carbine would just be useless
> > EDIT:then people will say “buff the LR and carbine!!!” and if 343i does that then all the kill times would be too fast =/
>
> You have a point, but how many peoples weapon of choice is the Carbine and LR? IDK how many people would truely be upset about it.

I use the light rifle, IMO it takes more skill to use than the BR.

> > > and dont get me started on the no-scope rifle lol
> >
> > fixed, anyway i dont agree with what you think about the br, its kill time would be too fast if it was a 4 shot
>
> if it required every single shot to land, the last being a headshot, then it would be balanced for mid to close range.

I agree 100%

> > > > I am pretty sure that 5 DMR shots are fired quicker than 5 BR or am I wrong?
> > >
> > > thats why the dmr needs a nerf, if the br was a 4 shot then the light rifle and carbine would just be useless
> > > EDIT:then people will say “buff the LR and carbine!!!” and if 343i does that then all the kill times would be too fast =/
> >
> > You have a point, but how many peoples weapon of choice is the Carbine and LR? IDK how many people would truely be upset about it.
>
> I use the light rifle, IMO it takes more skill to use than the BR.

Kudos for using the LR, definatly not my cup of tea but I can imagine it being very effective when you’ve gotten used to it

> > > and dont get me started on the no-scope rifle lol
> >
> > fixed, anyway i dont agree with what you think about the br, its kill time would be too fast if it was a 4 shot
>
> if it required every single shot to land, the last being a headshot, then it would be balanced for mid to close range.

thats not so hard in halo 4, and besides, fast kill times are boring