What about the outer colonies ?

This is something I have been thinking of since the end of halo 3 . What about them ? Are we repopulating them ? Harvest ? Arcadia ? Madrigal ? Jericho VII ? Just examples . How many planets do we have at the moment ( after halo 4 ) ?

Based on War Games depiction of Harvest, I’d say Harvest is getting fixed up at least.

Depends on the condition of the Planet. Reach (not an outer colony, I know) took only 30 years before it could be repopulated. However, Reach’s glassing was pretty light compared to other colonies (like Kholo). In Fall of Reach, glassing was said to, if it was severe enough, actually boil away a planet’s atmophere, though this would only happen to smaller planets.

Now obviously, the UEG would want to eventually expand and reclaim their lost territory, and again, we know that they are doing so as early as 2589. If I were to guess, I would wager that all former colonies are being looked at, and re-terraforming is being used on the closest and least damage planets first.

On the other hand, the UEG might look for new planets to colonize, ones that have some sort of existing ecosystem so that terraforming wouldn’t take too long.

Were allot of the Inner Colonies affected by the Human-Covenant War ?

Most of them. Some weren’t found when the Covies finally focused on Earth/Reach. Others had dropped out of contact with the UNSC a long time ago and weren’t found, many of these are now associated with the Insurrectionists.

Harvest in war games is pre-war harvest if I remember correctly. I believe I asked the question to Vic DeLeon.

There are new colonies which are sought out for the refugees. Erebus VII might be a colony. The map daybreak is set on Oban which will be colonized. The map on erosion Eudemon is also in a pre-colonization observation phase.

> Harvest in war games is pre-war harvest if I remember correctly. I believe I asked the question to Vic DeLeon.
>
> There are new colonies which are sought out for the refugees. <mark>Erebus VII might be a colony.</mark> The map daybreak is set on will be colonized. The map on erosion is also in a pre-colonization observation phase.

With these running around? -Yoink- that.

Which is why I said might.

I wonder if 343i read my theory about the beacon towers seen in ragnarok and halo CE, and got them inspired. The description is close to my theory.