What about the FEEDBACK?

So while registering in the insider program it said they would ask feedback from us, and weather we responded or not would impact our profile in further selections for future tests and flights. i havent got any email or request of feedback. Does anyone knows whats up with this?

Not everyone who participated got a survey.

Not everybody who participated in the flight got a survey, more of a pick and choose thing.

> 2533274871677333;1:
> So while registering in the insider program it said they would ask feedback from us, and weather we responded or not would impact our profile in further selections for future tests and flights. i havent got any email or request of feedback. Does anyone knows whats up with this?

100,000’s of people got to play the first flight, because of this not everyone got a survey. It would be very difficult to read through all of that feedback and have it be useful.
Only a select group of players got a survey.

Everyone else was invited to submit Support tickets for bug feedback or even things you’d like to see changed. Halo Waypoint also had many threads open at the time for specific feedback areas.

The flight has been over for weeks now. If you still want to leave feedback the forums are the only available place to do so right now.

> 2533274865778947;4:
> > 2533274871677333;1:
> > So while registering in the insider program it said they would ask feedback from us, and weather we responded or not would impact our profile in further selections for future tests and flights. i havent got any email or request of feedback. Does anyone knows whats up with this?
>
> 100,000’s of people got to play the first flight, because of this not everyone got a survey. It would be very difficult to read through all of that feedback and have it be useful.
> Only a select group of players got a survey.
>
> Everyone else was invited to submit Support tickets for bug feedback or even things you’d like to see changed. Halo Waypoint also had many threads open at the time for specific feedback areas.
>
> The flight has been over for weeks now. If you still want to leave feedback the forums are the only available place to do so right now.

it makes sence for them to not be able to get 100k people’s thorough feeback but couldn’t they have made an automated system for those who paticipated at least with abc choices etc

> 2535431526838321;5:
> > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > 2533274871677333;1:
> > > So while registering in the insider program it said they would ask feedback from us, and weather we responded or not would impact our profile in further selections for future tests and flights. i havent got any email or request of feedback. Does anyone knows whats up with this?
> >
> > 100,000’s of people got to play the first flight, because of this not everyone got a survey. It would be very difficult to read through all of that feedback and have it be useful.
> > Only a select group of players got a survey.
> >
> > Everyone else was invited to submit Support tickets for bug feedback or even things you’d like to see changed. Halo Waypoint also had many threads open at the time for specific feedback areas.
> >
> > The flight has been over for weeks now. If you still want to leave feedback the forums are the only available place to do so right now.
>
> it makes sence for them to not be able to get 100k people’s thorough feeback but couldn’t they have made an automated system for those who paticipated at least with abc choices etc

Even then you’re still looking at a lot of feedback.

The thing is as a developer you probably want thoughtful feedback you can really get a feel for what people are feeling and their opinions.
A bunch of 1-10 scales doesn’t really elaborate on how people really feel.

I think it’s better to have a smaller sample size with greater depth of feedback than to have a wider sample size that’s only a inch deep.

Not to say that 1-10 scales don’t have their place by any means but at the moment with this being the first hands on for Halo Infinite I expect that 343i probably want some deeper thoughts on the game.

See I got one. But none of my brothers got one. Kinda like a pick thing… (ok let’s see… pick this guy… oh pick him… ok and him…) not that it doesn’t mean anything some got picked an some didn’t

> 2533274865778947;6:
> > 2535431526838321;5:
> > > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > > 2533274871677333;1:
> > > > So while registering in the insider program it said they would ask feedback from us, and weather we responded or not would impact our profile in further selections for future tests and flights. i havent got any email or request of feedback. Does anyone knows whats up with this?
> > >
> > > 100,000’s of people got to play the first flight, because of this not everyone got a survey. It would be very difficult to read through all of that feedback and have it be useful.
> > > Only a select group of players got a survey.
> > >
> > > Everyone else was invited to submit Support tickets for bug feedback or even things you’d like to see changed. Halo Waypoint also had many threads open at the time for specific feedback areas.
> > >
> > > The flight has been over for weeks now. If you still want to leave feedback the forums are the only available place to do so right now.
> >
> > it makes sence for them to not be able to get 100k people’s thorough feeback but couldn’t they have made an automated system for those who paticipated at least with abc choices etc
>
> Even then you’re still looking at a lot of feedback.
>
> The thing is as a developer you probably want thoughtful feedback you can really get a feel for what people are feeling and their opinions.
> A bunch of 1-10 scales doesn’t really elaborate on how people really feel.
>
> I think it’s better to have a smaller sample size with greater depth of feedback than to have a wider sample size that’s only a inch deep.
>
> Not to say that 1-10 scales don’t have their place by any means but at the moment with this being the first hands on for Halo Infinite I expect that 343i probably want some deeper thoughts on the game.

i do agree that more thorough feedback is important and a 1-10 scale doesn’t accurately represent one’s feelings for the game but i am still confused as to why they can’t co exist with 343 giving more thorough survey for the more important people but still have the inch deep survey for the rest of the beta players (obviously they don’t have to look to even 1/4 of them but just so they know what the majority of the playtesters think)

> 2535431526838321;5:
> > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > 2533274871677333;1:
> > > So while registering in the insider program it said they would ask feedback from us, and weather we responded or not would impact our profile in further selections for future tests and flights. i havent got any email or request of feedback. Does anyone knows whats up with this?
> >
> > 100,000’s of people got to play the first flight, because of this not everyone got a survey. It would be very difficult to read through all of that feedback and have it be useful.
> > Only a select group of players got a survey.
> >
> > Everyone else was invited to submit Support tickets for bug feedback or even things you’d like to see changed. Halo Waypoint also had many threads open at the time for specific feedback areas.
> >
> > The flight has been over for weeks now. If you still want to leave feedback the forums are the only available place to do so right now.
>
> it makes sence for them to not be able to get 100k people’s thorough feeback but couldn’t they have made an automated system for those who paticipated at least with abc choices etc

i know right? if it was a simpler, raiting survey, wiht multiple choice answers they would have better stadistics, and more players could give their opinion while still having de small deep survey

> 2533274871677333;9:
> > 2535431526838321;5:
> > > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > > 2533274871677333;1:
> > > > So while registering in the insider program it said they would ask feedback from us, and weather we responded or not would impact our profile in further selections for future tests and flights. i havent got any email or request of feedback. Does anyone knows whats up with this?
> > >
> > > 100,000’s of people got to play the first flight, because of this not everyone got a survey. It would be very difficult to read through all of that feedback and have it be useful.
> > > Only a select group of players got a survey.
> > >
> > > Everyone else was invited to submit Support tickets for bug feedback or even things you’d like to see changed. Halo Waypoint also had many threads open at the time for specific feedback areas.
> > >
> > > The flight has been over for weeks now. If you still want to leave feedback the forums are the only available place to do so right now.
> >
> > it makes sence for them to not be able to get 100k people’s thorough feeback but couldn’t they have made an automated system for those who paticipated at least with abc choices etc
>
> i know right? if it was a simpler, raiting survey, wiht multiple choice answers they would have better stadistics, and more players could give their opinion while still having de small deep survey

yeah i don’t know the reason why they can’t just coexist

Surveys work well for specific areas of feedback, they don’t always work well in every scenario. The way 343 structured the feedback they set themselves up to received after the tech preview was very likely don intentionally as that would give them the biggest payout of usable data. They’ve got an incredible team of researchers there that know what they’re after.

If you didn’t get a survey I honestly wouldn’t worry - your feedback here on halo Waypoint and in other places is 100% valued and looked into. If you used the dedicated feedback threads that were pinned in the Infinite forums, they will already have sifted through and passed info over to relevant teams for discussion and prioritization.

Should come out later

> 2533274809226598;2:
> Not everyone who participated got a survey.

Yep, I can confirm that!^^^