What about Race?

Ever since 343 Industries has been making Halo, the ‘Race’ gametype has been pushed back…a lot!

• In Halo 4, the Race gametype was released several months post-launch. - In Halo 5, It’s been 8 months, and we still don’t have Race…(or seen anything about it in the upcoming update.)Will we finally get Race in Halo 5? (Despite seeing absolutely nothing about it yet)

Was Race one of the things planned for Hog Wild and then pushed back or was that just speculation?

I hope it comes back. I’m not a big race person but the gametypes that could come from it will be great for customs, and I just like having a complete Halo game without parts lopped off and blatantly missing.

Yeah I mean they havent even hinted at it yet so idk…its looking kind of grim, Im still waiting for action sack and king of the hill

I would be thrilled to have race game types. The new hogs would make it hella fun!

Pretty sure race in h4 was modded in by the community and later added into matchmaking.

> 2533274856723140;2:
> Was Race one of the things planned for Hog Wild and then pushed back or was that just speculation?
>
> I hope it comes back. I’m not a big race person but the gametypes that could come from it will be great for customs, and I just like having a complete Halo game without parts lopped off and blatantly missing.

It was never mentioned for any of the updates, but a Community Cartographer and my Spartan Company leader said that when he visited 343 (right before Forge’s release in December), some of the game-type team told him that Race was being made…Let’s hope it’ll come soon enough.

> 2533275057835402;5:
> Pretty sure race in h4 was modded in by the community and later added into matchmaking.

There was a mod, but then 343 made it “Forgeable” via Ricochet, so they wouldn’t have to rely on a modded gametype.

> 2533274932173323;6:
> > 2533274856723140;2:
> > Was Race one of the things planned for Hog Wild and then pushed back or was that just speculation?
> >
> > I hope it comes back. I’m not a big race person but the gametypes that could come from it will be great for customs, and I just like having a complete Halo game without parts lopped off and blatantly missing.
>
>
> It was never mentioned for any of the updates, but redacted

He/you might be violating some non-disclosure agreements there pal. I would ask him if it’s ok to disclose this info and to cite him as the source.

> 2533274803493024;8:
> > 2533274932173323;6:
> > > 2533274856723140;2:
> > > Was Race one of the things planned for Hog Wild and then pushed back or was that just speculation?
> > >
> > > I hope it comes back. I’m not a big race person but the gametypes that could come from it will be great for customs, and I just like having a complete Halo game without parts lopped off and blatantly missing.
> >
> >
> > It was never mentioned for any of the updates, but redacted
>
>
> He/you might be violating some non-disclosure agreements there pal. I would ask him if it’s ok to disclose this info and to cite him as the source.

He’s said it multiple times on his YT channel, and told 343 publicly (and directly) several times, now…but I don’t know the rules of disclosure of Waypoint, but it’s been a public discussion between a couple people and 343 for several months now.

I mean its a fun game type I suppose, but I dont think many people would play it

> 2535410755618980;10:
> I mean its a fun game type I suppose, but I dont think many people would play it

It’s been a very popular gametype ever since Reach.

I really want Race. I’ve been disappointed by the lack of Race.

I think 343 is race-ist :wink:

> 2533274932173323;1:
> Ever since 343 Industries has been making Halo, the ‘Race’ gametype has been pushed back…a lot!
>
>
>
> - In Halo 4, the Race gametype was released several months post-launch.
> - In Halo 5, It’s been 8 months, and we still don’t have Race…(or seen anything about it in the upcoming update.)
> Will we finally get Race in Halo 5? (Despite seeing absolutely nothing about it yet)

you will find out tuesday, apparently there are “more suprises” then what the req sheet showed,

and to be fair. it’s not like “muti-team” was promoted 2 updates ago, so there is a CHANCE

> 2533274932173323;6:
> > 2533274856723140;2:
> > Was Race one of the things planned for Hog Wild and then pushed back or was that just speculation?
> >
> > I hope it comes back. I’m not a big race person but the gametypes that could come from it will be great for customs, and I just like having a complete Halo game without parts lopped off and blatantly missing.
>
>
> It was never mentioned for any of the updates, but a Community Cartographer and my Spartan Company leader said that when he visited 343 (right before Forge’s release in December), some of the game-type team told him that Race was being made…Let’s hope it’ll come soon enough.

Never said they were working on it right then… but I do know it will be coming eventually (I don’t know when though)… hopefully soon because I’m dying…lol

> 2535410755618980;10:
> I mean its a fun game type I suppose, but I dont think many people would play it

You would be sorely mistaken. I would be downloading race tracks left and right with a race gametype.

It would be neat if they added it as a social playlist. Something to play to get out of the tilt. An assortment of simple race tracks that everyone could give a shot at.

i miss race