What about Masterchief!?! HELP!

Uh can someone explain to me how Masterchief survived the firing of the Halo array at the end of Halo 3? It’s funny because in EVERY GAME when they said that it was designed to WIPE OUT ALL SENTIENT WITHIN THE BLAST I thought it would kill him too seeing as he’s human. Maybe I made a mistake, he was never kidnapped as a child. He’s not really a Spartan either he’s just a robot. THAT’S why Cortana is so attached to him when (she knows) she’s not suppose to be. But seriously someone please explain this GIANT plot hole to me. I think it would have been easier (and actually have made sense) if Bungie would have just killed him instead of just having him being cryogenically frozen again, drifting in the far side of the universe that has been untouched by anyone (except for the Forerunners but they don’t count as ‘anyone’).

The reconstructed installation 04 was not complete when they used the index to activate it. Since it was still being built, the ability to wipe out all sentient life was not functional. When it fired, Halo shook itself to pieces taking the ark with it. So really it did not fire like it had been intended to in the first Halo.

> The reconstructed installation 04 was not complete when they used the index to activate it. Since it was still being built, the ability to wipe out all sentient life was not functional. When it fired, Halo shook itself to pieces taking the ark with it. So really it did not fire like it had been intended to in the first Halo.

Also, the portal collapsed down ON the ship that The Arbiter and Chief were on. This sent Chief to an unknown part of space, while The Arbiter had gone full through to the Earth side.

> > The reconstructed installation 04 was not complete when they used the index to activate it. Since it was still being built, the ability to wipe out all sentient life was not functional. When it fired, Halo shook itself to pieces taking the ark with it. So really it did not fire like it had been intended to in the first Halo.
>
> Also, the portal collapsed down ON the ship that The Arbiter and Chief were on. This sent Chief to an unknown part of space, while The Arbiter had gone full through to the Earth side.

yup so they were already in the portal when it colappsed.

Only Instalation 04b activated not the whole array. And Cortona provided Spartan 117 a sense of autonomy that for the most part he never had before. As his commanding officer any hunch he had she could let him investigate and she was quite literally in his head. It eventually developed into a relationship of sorts.

But it is a pretty dumb way to end a trilogy(technicaly). I mean really… They should make another Halo game where the UNSC finds the Cheif and they take the fight to those Covenant morons that thaught they could wipe US out.

But what about the storyline in Halo: Combat Evolved where they mention that the Master Cheif was the last KNOWN surviving SPARTAN II. Was there another surving SPARTAN II or not? And what happens to the Cheif?
I W A N N A K N O W ! ! ! !

Is that why you can see Cortana during the Campaign, even before you retreive her from High Charity?

yes u are right it would but from wut i heard the blast wus diffrent it killed flood but didnt kill them i am not really sure but that wut a heard

> But it is a pretty dumb way to end a trilogy(technicaly). I mean really… They should make another Halo game where the UNSC finds the Cheif and they take the fight to those Covenant morons that thaught they could wipe US out.
>
> But what about the storyline in Halo: Combat Evolved where they mention that the Master Cheif was the last KNOWN surviving SPARTAN II. Was there another surving SPARTAN II or not? And what happens to the Cheif?
> I W A N N A K N O W ! ! ! !

Frankie has stated that its very likely that 343i would continue that story.

The Master Chief is not the last known surviving spartan and that was never actually mentioned in-game(thus, is non-canon), which is reinforced by every Halo novel.

All the best.
-Hyokin

Yes, MC escaped the blast through the slip-space portal. So he didn’t die. I believe all 7 Halo rings would have to fire at the same time to kill everyone in the galaxy. Regardless, Installation 04B was in position just over Installation 00 - which resides outside of the Milky Way galaxy (you can look up and see our galaxy during the first mission on the Ark) - so the blast had no effect on sentient life within the galaxy whatsoever.

MC is not the last surviving Spartan-II. Check out halopedia for more info (provided you have the time). Jerome-092, Alice-130, and Douglas-042 of Spartan Red Team from Halo Wars is still drifting through space in cryo-sleep aboard the UNSC Spirit of Fire (unknown to the UNSC). Spartan Gray Team is possibly still alive in their Mk. IV armor - they took a Prowler deep behind enemy lines (way outside of the range of contact) something like a year before the events on Reach - so they could be assassinating sleeping grunts as we speak. I believe 3/4 members of Spartan Black Team are still alive, but I’m not certain (and this would also be unknown to the UNSC). There were a couple of “wash-outs” from the Spartan-II program that were assigned to desk jobs for ONI. I believe Maria-062 tests new MJOLNIR armor variants on Earth after she was seriously wounded during a mission. Linda-058 as well as Dr. Halsey and the surviving Spartan-IIs from Reach are rescued by Master Chief on his return journey from the destruction of Installation 04. You can read about the fate of several epic characters in the book, Ghosts of Onyx, including Linda-058 (the finest sniper bar none), Kelly-087 (the fastest human alive), Frederick- 104 (always 2nd among the Spartan-IIs) Kurt Ambrose, SCPO Mendez, Dr. Halsey, and several other Spartan-IIs and Spartan-IIIs - their status is also unknown to the UNSC. The story of the survivors from the Battle of Onyx in particular must be continued, there’s simply no way they can leave it the way Ghosts of Onyx ended. All in all, I believe there are 13 surviving, active Spartan-IIs (that does not count “wash-outs” or retirees such as Maria-062). It is possible that this number could be higher though, as it has happened before that a Spartan-II’s death was faked and he was covertly reassigned.