What about friendly AI?

Has anyone seen an interview where the friendly AI has been mentioned? Because I really hope they upgraded it. I so don’t want another incident like this…

The Chief is all by his lonesome away from the rest of the UNSC for his own safety.

> The Chief is all by his lonesome away from the rest of the UNSC for his own safety.

But he couldn’t escape.

> The Chief is all by his lonesome away from the rest of the UNSC for his own safety.

How do you figure that? The demo shows the Infinity crash landing with 17,000 people on it.

> > The Chief is all by his lonesome away from the rest of the UNSC for his own safety.
>
> How do you figure that? The demo shows the Infinity crash landing with 17,000 people on it.

He’s kidding.

> > > The Chief is all by his lonesome away from the rest of the UNSC for his own safety.
> >
> > How do you figure that? The demo shows the Infinity crash landing with 17,000 people on it.
>
> He’s kidding.

Dumb trolls.

he doesn’t know Kat is dead he still has nightmares about warthogs

It is quite possible that it is the vehicle physics that causes the friendly AI to be such horrible drivers. In H2 and H3, you’d find AI drivers driving against a wall (and in H3, a Scarab leg) when they were trying to go around the damn thing. In CE, though the AI would be horrible hog drivers, the bouncy physics of the hog would allow them to maneuver around such objects more easily.

On the other hand, it’s also possible the marines in H2/3/Reach do not understand the concept of backing up.

Nonetheless, I hope H4 improves friendly AI vehicle activity because:

-they drive off with your vehicle and you can only stop them by firing your gun
-they lack seat prioritization (atm, it’s something really simple like snipers and heavy weapon marines get in passenger seats). The rocket marine on The Covenant gets in the Mongoose’s driver seat if you don’t get in it and drives off instead of waiting for passengers. So he just drives in there, with no armaments at all and gets blown up.
-they don’t stay in the vehicle. This should not be based on time but based on enemy threat. If there are enemies nearby, then they should get out and get in the vehicle if left alone. Otherwise, they should wait for the player’s return