What About Forge?

So guys. Since everyone is giving me such amazing feedback I thought I would share my ideas on how forge in Halo: Infinite could be.

Terrain Mapping - giving us a blank slate and allowing us to LITERALLY shape or own terrains would be insane. Allowing us to raise and lower terrain paint on trees or terrain like snow. Sand. Long grass or rocks would make map building amazing. Not to mention lowering terrain and placing water or lava.
Access to all faction scenery - like halo 5 it would be great to have props from all the factions returning to forge.
Auto Turrets and base setups - like how dominion(?) On halo 4 worked. I hope to see a return of the automatic Turrets and deployable walls.
AI - having even the most basic AI can turn a basic forge map into s good one. Having AI who either roam. Follow a path or hold their ground would be amazing. As well as having the choice to make them hostile or not. (Maybe even apply team qualities to them so they only attack other teams)
Dynamic Time/Weather - being able to decide if you want a dynamic time in your maps would also add another level of depth. And by allowing random rainfalls or storms. Even staying on the same map for a while won’t feel the same
I do have other ideas bit These are the main ones. As a games design student I have worked with programs like unity where terrain Mapping is a basic quality of the software… if I could transfer my skills into making maps on Halo: Infinite I don’t think I would ever leave forge. (Unless it’s to test the map)

I really can’t wait to see what 343 have come up with.
Is also love to hear your thoughts on what you are hoping to see in forge

I really like the ideas your putting forward. For me I hope that we can modify weapon and vehicle properties in forge and generate new variants ourselves. Like modding without going into the code because the code allows us to change it through ui

Imagine if the plasma rifle returned. But not the brute variant and instead 343 or a community member jumped on forge, changed the colour of the gun and projectiles, then modified the fire rate and overheat rate. Saved it as a prefab and shared it with the rest of the community. You could make scarab guns. Transform a wraith into a needler barrage tank. Give a banshee nukes while turning it pink. Give the players a new power of creation

I’d love to see this stuff added in, especially the auto turrets since we have scripting now. The missing autos turrets was probably one of the only downsides to Halo 5’s forge. AI is an absolute must have though, custom games would be wild with that.

Any other opinions?

A target device option for maps. Perhaps, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Uncapped.

Since we all know Halo Infinite will be released on Xbox One, Xbox Series X and PC, object limits will not work properly since they all have different performance.
It would suck for a level creator to have their vision altered because their map can’t run well on the Xbox One or even Xbox Series X.
And then there’s PC. Some people will have PCs that perform better than the Series X, and some won’t.

These target device options will not prevent a user from playing a map, but will display a warning message of sorts, saying “this map is not designed for this device and therefore may encounter performance issues”.

Xbox One option:

• The lowest limit (probably on par with Halo 5). - Limit will be high enough to maintain a constant 30fps/60fps on Xbox One/X.
    Xbox Series X option:

• Limit will be high enough to maintain a constant 60fps on the Series X.
    Uncapped option**:**

• No limit, designed for high-end PCs that outperform the Series X. - Will be especially useful a few years after the game’s release where the average gaming PC will outperform the Series X. - This could also allow map creators to move all their FX budget to the objects budget without affecting performance on the Series X.

> 2535430463589746;5:
> A target device option for maps. Perhaps, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Uncapped.
>
> Since we all know Halo Infinite will be released on Xbox One, Xbox Series X and PC, object limits will not work properly since they all have different performance.
> It would suck for a level creator to have their vision altered because their map can’t run well on the Xbox One or even Xbox Series X.
> And then there’s PC. Some people will have PCs that perform better than the Series X, and some won’t.
>
> These target device options will not prevent a user from playing a map, but will display a warning message of sorts, saying “this map is not designed for this device and therefore may encounter performance issues”.
>
> Xbox One option:
> - The lowest limit (probably on par with Halo 5). - Limit will be high enough to maintain a constant 30fps/60fps on Xbox One/X.Xbox Series X option:
> - Limit will be high enough to maintain a constant 60fps on the Series X.Uncapped option**:** - No limit, designed for high-end PCs that outperform the Series X. - Will be especially useful a few years after the game’s release where the average gaming PC will outperform the Series X. - This could also allow map creators to move all their FX budget to the objects budget without affecting performance on the Series X.

xbox one will prob run at 30 fps 720p with tons of other optimizations. 343 will probably make sure everyone can play the same forge maps. the biggest improvement to forge is going to be the slipspace engine. also i have a feeling they will give us even more processing power using the cloud like in crackdown

other forge options i’d like to see: improved scripting and path setting, simple if programing, scalable base blocks, block texture selection/ scaling, skybox selection/ modification, tunneling tool for terrain, all old forghe pieces in “legacy pieces” section ( or in an easy build mode).

I really hope the Xbox One version of Forge has all the same features/tools/budget etc as the Series X version. I can’t afford to buy a brand new console for one game. If it’s purely a matter of framerate/gameplay performance, I make almost exclusively forgeart, so performance is a non-issue for me. I mostly just want the same feature set & budget so I can build bigger & better forgeart.