What about Assault though?

I feel like Assault would be a bit more interesting Game type then Oddball for WHCS 2018. I say this because After playing Oddball I can say it feels like it doesn’t fit in with the advanced movement that H5 brings nor do i feel like the HCS maps that are currently in rotation would work well with Oddball. However Assault would be a bit more interesting in my opinion mainly because of the interesting ways you’d have to take over an enemy base, hold that base, and arm the bomb. It seems fundamentally tougher then holding a ball for a time, you’ll have to get to the ball which would likely spawn in the middle of the map, then slay out the enemy team while pushing the ball into enemy territory. It would be the opposite of CTF. The use of power ups and weapons could help attack or defend a base just like CTF. These are the only ideas that come into mind while writing this post but im sure they’re more.

Instead of oddball how about king of the hill instead do you think that would be better?

> 2535473388643231;2:
> Instead of oddball how about king of the hill instead do you think that would be better?

I was thinking about that as well. I came to the conclusion that it would be great, but too much like Strongholds. Both games you have to hold points to score. With 2 big differences being the hill moving and sitting inside to score. I think it’s still better then Oddball for this game but i feel like assault would be a whole different genre as a whole. Strats would vary greatly between Assualt and King of the Hill. Both are better then Oddball for this game though.

Do they even have Strongholds in any of the setlists? I can’t for the life of me remember the last time I played a strongholds match.

Either way, IMO King of the Hill or Assault, oddball is a social gametype not fit for tournament play.

> 2533274814772960;4:
> Do they even have Strongholds in any of the setlists? I can’t for the life of me remember the last time I played a strongholds match.
>
> Either way, IMO King of the Hill or Assault, oddball is a social gametype not fit for tournament play.

Lol besides all these close to irrelevant tests that swapped out Strongholds and CTF for Oddball. The only real close to competitive place to find it is Team Arena. BTB has it in rotation and I believe Warzone automatically does it. I agree about the Oddball though I don’t see it working and being fun in tournament play it’ll feel like a chore honestly. I’d like to see Assault or even a KotH in rotation instead