What AA's would you keep?

Which armor abilities do you use the most and would you like them to be improved or tone down. Me I want to keep the hard light shield, It protects you from range and serves as a distraction for your team. But needs to be improved, it needs to cover the hole front of your body,last longer and block vehicles but not destroy them.

Which do you want to return?
It can be multiple or just one, describe how they can be improved or tone down.

Keep all of them. Leave them in loadouts. Bring AC back to what it was in Reach with the jammer.

Put AC as a map pick up and replace jetpack with jumpjet.

> Put AC as a map pick up and replace jetpack with jumpjet.

but if you have no control over the burst then it it effectively useless. Thruster pack allows you to thrust in what ever direction you happened to be pressing the stick. Jet pack let you manoeuver upwards in whatever direction you pressed, and you can choose how you move. a jump pack would be a useless alternative. on small maps, you would be constantly hitting a ceiling or overshoot overshoot and fly off the map.

I’m indifferent to them.

> > Put AC as a map pick up and replace jetpack with jumpjet.
>
> but if you have no control over the burst then it it effectively useless. Thruster pack allows you to thrust in what ever direction you happened to be pressing the stick. Jet pack let you manoeuver upwards in whatever direction you pressed, and you can choose how you move. a jump pack would be a useless alternative. on small maps, you would be constantly hitting a ceiling or overshoot overshoot and fly off the map.

It would have a charge function then.

Keep all of them, but make Active Camo, Jetpack, and Promethean Vision map-pickups.

I believe armor abilities can be competitively viable, so long as they are properly balanced and easy to tell apart from other abilities. Half the issue with them is the guesswork involved.

The armor ability sandbox should be simplified, and should strive to support teamwork in one way or another.

Thruster
Same as current.
-Visual Indicator, such as armor changes or a bulky pack on the back.

Hologram
Same as current.
(Bonus Idea, have it slightly damage anyone it runs into?)
-Visual Indicator, such as projectors on arms.

Regen Field
Starts shield regeneration of teammates in vicinity.
Does not affect yourself.
-Visual Indicator, such as static constantly coming off your spartan.

Scanner
Mark enemies, weapons and locations on friendly HUD by aiming and pressing button.
-Visual Indicator, such as a very noticeable red light coming off your helmet.

We’ll start with those choices for now.

I feel that overshield and active camo are too powerful of abilities to have as armor abilities. As overshield is not an AA, we are already halfway there. Revert active camo to a powerup. Also, and this is purely a cosmetic suggestion, give overshield and active camo their old appearances as a powerup (Halo 3/Reach orbs pre-Halo 3 cube/pyramid).

In my opinion, either the recharge times for armor abilities needs to be greatly increased, or they should have limited uses. This is assuming that armor abilities stay in the next Halo. I prefer that armor abilities get implemented as on-map pickups anyway, or even not at all.

Should appear in H5 as is:

Hologram
Thruster Pack
Regeneration Field
Auto Sentry

These need to be tweaked as noted:

Active Camo - Alter it and turn it into a powerup. Radar Jam effect and very poor camo when the player is stationary. As soon as the player begins to move the motion tracker functions normally and camo is enabled. Camo will be temporarily disabled if the player activates an AA.

Jet Pack - Alter it so that it functions more like a Jump Pack.

Promethean Vision - Nerf it so it only shows a snapshot of players/objects as the PV wave passes by.

Hard Light Shield - Nerf it so that an EMP blast will disable it temporarily.

> Should appear in H5 as is:
>
> Hologram
> Thruster Pack
> Regeneration Field
> Auto Sentry
>
> These need to be tweaked as noted:
>
> Active Camo - Alter it and turn it into a powerup. Radar Jam effect and very poor camo when the player is stationary. As soon as the player begins to move the motion tracker functions normally and camo is enabled. Camo will be temporarily disable if the player activates an AA.
>
> Jet Pack - Alter it so that it functions more like a Jump Pack.
>
> Promethean Vision - Nerf it so it only shows a snapshot of players/objects as the PV wave passes by.
>
> Hard Light Shield - Nerf it so that an EMP blast will disable it temporarily.

Active Camo needs to be modified to promote movement, to reduce camping. Maybe make it jam the radars of anyone within double its range, and have a sort of directional indicator of the jamming source
I would prefer Jetpack as is. Maybe just increase its vertical speed and reduce how much charge it has and increase its recharge time
The Promethean Vision however, should be as you said. That actually makes sense

You can get rid of jet pack, that -Yoink- is annoying

> Active Camo needs to be modified to promote movement, to reduce camping. Maybe make it jam the radars of anyone within double its range, and have a sort of directional indicator of the jamming source
> I would prefer Jetpack as is. Maybe just increase its vertical speed and reduce how much charge it has and increase its recharge time
> The Promethean Vision however, should be as you said. That actually makes sense

Regardless of whether or not Active Camo is kept as an AA or changed to a power-up it needs to promote map movement. If it is changed to a power-up it needs to be disabled when AA’s are activated so we don’t end up with invisible Jet Packers.

I like your suggestions for Jet Pack, I think they would work quite well. The only thing is that vertical reticle movement tends to be quite slow. This could be quite problematic in 1v1 situations. It might be best if Jet Pack is removed from loadouts and placed on maps.

> Active Camo needs to be modified to promote movement, to reduce camping. Maybe make it jam the radars of anyone within double its range, and have a sort of directional indicator of the jamming source
> I would prefer Jetpack as is. Maybe just increase its vertical speed and reduce how much charge it has and increase its recharge time
> The Promethean Vision however, should be as you said. That actually makes sense

That still doesn’t promote movement; Double the range (40m) is far too great a range on arena style maps to do anything about (rush, nade, effectively flank). The active camoed player still has the upperhand in this situation, almost guaranteed to get the first shot off. As such, it is in both players interest to not move, stifling the pace of the game.

> Should appear in H5 as is:
>
> Hologram
> Thruster Pack
> Regeneration Field
> Auto Sentry
>
> These need to be tweaked as noted:
>
> Active Camo - Alter it and turn it into a powerup. Radar Jam effect and very poor camo when the player is stationary. As soon as the player begins to move the motion tracker functions normally and camo is enabled. Camo will be temporarily disable if the player activates an AA.
>
> Jet Pack - Alter it so that it functions more like a Jump Pack.
>
> Promethean Vision - Nerf it so it only shows a snapshot of players/objects as the PV wave passes by.
>
> Hard Light Shield - Nerf it so that an EMP blast will disable it temporarily.

If AA were return, your suggestions are very good.

Active Camo needs to be a powerup and not an AA. Jetpack changed to a Jump Pack would be much better and not game breaking like it is now.

I think the Plasma Pistol (EMP) should disable all AA and Powerups.

> Jetpack changed to a Jump Pack would be much better and not game breaking like it is now.

It would be just as gamebreaking as it is now, except for the inability to hover for prolonged periods.

> > Jetpack changed to a Jump Pack would be much better and not game breaking like it is now.
>
> It would be just as gamebreaking as it is now, except for the inability to hover for prolonged periods.

Depends how they did it.

I would much prefer to see Jet Pack as a Powerup.

I like having the idea of a Jet Pack, but having everyone with Jet Packs and been able to spawn with a Jet Pack. Just breaks maps.

If AC is going to remain a AA then it needs to be tweaked. Perhaps when active the users vision begins to blur the further it goes. Similar to Regen now but with an increasing effect as the distance becomes greater. This fixes camo-snipers, and promotes map movement without sacrificing what AC was originally used for.

Thruster Pack: Perfect as is.

Hardlight Shield: Susceptible to EMP.

Hologram: Perfect as is.

Regen Field: The fact that this Armor Ability is rarely used would lead me to believe that it must suck.
However, I can’t imagine any productive tweaks.

Promethean Vision: Someone previously mentioned a great idea for a productive tweak.
Rather than having a live view of enemies, the player should only see momentary flashes every second or so.
Kinda’ the way CoD’s UAV works.

Jetpack: There is no fix for this.
The concept itself is gamebreaking.
“Why go through objects, when you can go around them?”
It should be a map pickup or removed from competitive online play entirely.

Active Camo: Map pickup only. Done.

Auto Sentry: Needs a bit of a buff.

Personally I would go with no AA’s at all, but since its too late to go backwards that far I say nerf the more unbalanced ones like Caveman said.

Setting aside the fact that AA’s would only be in certain playlists, make the loadout AA’s nerfed as much as possible to balance out gameplay.

For example, Promethean Vision should NOT be able to see a crouched/stationary Spartan and should have a shorter range on the map.

Active Camo should be a powerup, and taken out of Loadouts.

And as someone else said, the HLS should be susceptible to an EMP and once hit cannot regenerate until the energy meter has fully recharged.