What a coincidence...

So I dusted off the virtual dust from my copy of HW2 today, and just to play it safe, I played a skirmish against the AI. It was fun, but it was painfully obvious how rusty I was. So, I figure I’ll come on here, see what’s been happening and maybe find out what the current meta is before I jump back into matchmaking… But no.

Did I sense a disturbance in the force? Is that why I felt drawn to HW2 just now?! I see it’s official, HW2 is now dead in the water and it’s been officially stated that HW3 is not being worked on.

I’m hurting bad.

Pour one out for my homey, Halo Wars 2, and its unborn sibling, Halo Wars 3.
RIP.

:’(

Halo Wars 3 is still a possibility, along with further halo wars 2 updates, but obviously MCC and Infinite are much more important, that’s a sad fact we have to face

> 2535439021579277;2:
> Halo Wars 3 is still a possibility, along with further halo wars 2 updates, but obviously MCC and Infinite are much more important, that’s a sad fact we have to face

343 said they are not making a HW3 or any HW2 updates for the near future

they should give something to the day one players

> 2535458188883243;3:
> > 2535439021579277;2:
> > Halo Wars 3 is still a possibility, along with further halo wars 2 updates, but obviously MCC and Infinite are much more important, that’s a sad fact we have to face
>
> 343 said they are not making a HW3 or any HW2 updates for the near future

Honestly, I’d be fine if we got a Wars title every 10 or so years. If the plots carry over to the FPS games, that’d be great. But the RTS games can wait. As much as I love Wars2, they can take their time for a third installment.

We were lucky we ever got a Halo Wars 2. If not for the obvious Halo Infinite tie-in, it makes me wonder if we would have. I was a dedicated HW1 player from day one. The community was never big enough to deserve a sequel as good as this was. HW3 would be… well, that kind of thing just doesn’t happen very often.

Halo Wars will always live on through US, the fans that love the franchise <3

But I will always hold a candle for Halo Wars 3, that game is welcome in my PC anytime it desires! <3